Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: ... in the shadow of this strange, strong love of you

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I actually caught Randy Bachman's set. He did "Hey You," "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet," and "Takin' Care Of Business." I was surprised, though, as it was originally billed as the Bachman-Cummings band, but there was no Burton.
He's sick. Was holed up in his hotel room.

I actually had no intention of watching, but I was working today. I work in TV, so I basically sat and watched the London feed of their show, and the Philly feed of their show, and the Canadian show. I haven't read this entire thread, so sorry if I repeat anything.

There were some AMAZING performances. Standouts:

#1 - Madonna doing Music. Unbelievable. There's a reason why this woman is still as huge as she is. Stunning performance - she had 135,000 people in Hyde Park singing and dancing and going nuts!

Pink Floyd - may have been a cheesy concept, but man, they rocked.

George Michael surprise at the end of London.

Robbie Williams doing my two fave songs of his: Feel (I nearly died) and Angels. He was amazing. Sooooo hottt!

I love Will Smith doing Prince of BelAir. Hilarious. The entire audience knew every word!!

U2 - Beautiful Day. Doves released. Enough said.

Black Eyed Peas - Let's get it star-r-r-ted.... LOVE this song.

Oh.... too many more to remember - going to go back and read this thread now... But I was really pleasantly surprised by how much it drew me in through the day.

But, sadly, I still don't think anything will change in terms of global poverty.

"We're rock stars. We are not nice."
Stevie Nicks, the sage mother goddess fierce gypsy bitch we adore.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinthedark
#1 - Madonna doing Music. Unbelievable. There's a reason why this woman is still as huge as she is. Stunning performance - she had 135,000 people in Hyde Park singing and dancing and going nuts!
Aw, I missed it. I bet she kicked ass, she always does.

Quote:
Robbie Williams doing my two fave songs of his: Feel (I nearly died) and Angels. He was amazing. Sooooo hottt!
He should have hauled out Nicole Kidman and done Something Stupid.

Quote:
Black Eyed Peas - Let's get it star-r-r-ted.... LOVE this song.
Grr. I <3 them. I hope they rerun some of these performances.

Old 07-02-2005, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Toronto rebroadcast is on with Randy Bachman now and there is one long haired dude playing exclusively-COWBELL!
Old 07-02-2005, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia
Just wanted to say it was fun hanging out w/ everyone, watching marathon "tv" today.

I did do a load of laundry, I'm now putting together my solar path lights, and I'm gonna put clean sheets on my bed before I crash. So, not a completely wasted day...I don't usually slack off this much unless I'm hungover.
This was like crack. The ABC special didn't nearly do it justice.
Old 07-02-2005, 10:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
I actually caught Randy Bachman's set. He did "Hey You," "You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet," and "Takin' Care Of Business." I was surprised, though, as it was originally billed as the Bachman-Cummings band, but there was no Burton.
So Bachman-Cummings would be the Guess Who? I just caught Randy's set in full and that guy can still rock. Did you see the cowbell guy?
Old 07-02-2005, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Grr. I <3 them. I hope they rerun some of these performances.
http://music.aol.com/live_8_concert/live_now
Old 07-02-2005, 11:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

David Gilmour is seriously HAWT!!! What a freakin a** kickin outrageously great guitar player. He has great guitar face too. Sigh... I hate that MTV cut into their song.

Honestly, I found it very hard to watch much of this very long, very commercially interrupted broadcast. It was making my head hurt because it was cutting over here, there and everywhere way too much. Better if it would have been a mini-series and taken a little longer in between shots.

I tried to get my VCR going to tape PF and gave up because I didn't want to miss the performance. Turns out one of the menu settings was off. Hopefully the whole show will be rebroadcast on Emptyvee or EmptyveeH1. Now that I've figured out the VCR, I'd like to tape the whole thing so I can FFWD thru all the cra*. I'd imagine the DVD won't have any of that commercial cra* and will include full sets?! If so, then somebody's gonna make a lot of money because today's broadcast was sure a pain in the a** teaser.

Laura
Old 07-03-2005, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertangel
David Gilmour is seriously HAWT!!! What a freakin a** kickin outrageously great guitar player.
Actually, even though, when he was younger, David was kinda hot, I thought Roger was kinda hot last night. I liked his bed-head hair and rolled up sleeves. What's wrong with me? LOL

Fantastic guitar player...one of the best. I'm listening to their set on the radio right now and taping it.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Ledgie

Since I was subjected to the ridiculously-pathetic MTV/VH1 "coverage" yesterday, I decided to check out AOL's page with ALL of the acts from LIVE 8. I was amazed at how organized it is and how I could find any artist's video performance from yesterday. However, I was a bit shocked that the ONLY group whose performances I couldn't pull up was Pink Floyd. It struck me as odd that they were the only ones whose performances I couldn't view. I'm sure it has to be MORE than just a coincedence... Has anyone else encountered this?? Does anyone else find this to be a bit odd??

Brad
Old 07-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Arrow Well...

They played the PF part on the radio this afternoon and talked to David Gilmour for a second. Lemme transcribe what he said:

Matt Pinfield:Originally, when you were approached about this, you were kinda shying away from doin' it, you didn't wanna do it the first time around, and they came back to you, correct?

David Gilmour: Yeah, I was pushed into it a little bit, kicking and screaming. Roger rang me up and said would I do it and I thought that it is a very good cause and I'd probably kick myself if I didn't do it, especially for my kids to be able to see something like this for once in their lives. Some of them are too young to have seen me before performing.

MP: Which is brilliant. How is your relationship with Roger right now? Is it gettin' better?

DG: Hey, we're getting on alright, you know, it's been very easy and relaxed during our rehearsals. It's like slipping on a comfy old pair of shoes that are far too unfashionable to wear anymore, but it's been pretty good.

MP: Do you think there's a future for Pink Floyd together as a band, for a future album?

DG: With this particular sort of regrouping, it's...no, I'm just very glad for us to have sort of a nice happy ending for us to be able to look back on. It's a one off.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundBoyBrad
Since I was subjected to the ridiculously-pathetic MTV/VH1 "coverage" yesterday, I decided to check out AOL's page with ALL of the acts from LIVE 8. I was amazed at how organized it is and how I could find any artist's video performance from yesterday. However, I was a bit shocked that the ONLY group whose performances I couldn't pull up was Pink Floyd. It struck me as odd that they were the only ones whose performances I couldn't view. I'm sure it has to be MORE than just a coincedence... Has anyone else encountered this?? Does anyone else find this to be a bit odd??

Brad
AOL did an excellent job with the stream. I'm sure EMI, who bought the rights is probably hoping to cash in on Floyd's performance with the DVD and are holding it back to build interest.
Old 07-03-2005, 02:58 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn
AOL did an excellent job with the stream. I'm sure EMI, who bought the rights is probably hoping to cash in on Floyd's performance with the DVD and are holding it back to build interest.
Yes, they really did an excellent job. I was honestly amazed with it, given the huge scope of the project. And, yes, that does make sense about EMI. Thanks!!

Brad
Old 07-03-2005, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847
Actually, even though, when he was younger, David was kinda hot, I thought Roger was kinda hot last night. I liked his bed-head hair and rolled up sleeves. What's wrong with me? LOL
Sheesh... I so know what you mean. I was thinking to myself... "why is David Gilmour doing it for me right now? Is it the guitar? The songs?" I usually go for younger guys... Oh well... heehee.

Laura
Old 07-04-2005, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation If you have CMT on cable...

at 7:00 PM CST there will be a 1 hour highlight show from Live 8 featuring Tim McGraw, Toby Keith & Keith Urban.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."