The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2012, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm quite boring but yesterday among omnipresent Whitney Houston's songs they found a little space for...guess what..."Little Lies" of course I'm starting to hate this song. Why Polish radio stations can't play anything else? But on the other hand...bettter this than nothing...
Old 02-28-2012, 02:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

OK so last night I was in the car and flipped on the radio. The last 2 lines of Stop Draggin' were playing. Most times after a station has played a FM or Stevie song I will switch to another station. Then they played American Woman by The Guess Who. I like that song so I listened to it. If the next song sucked I was ready to change the station and then Gold Dust Woman came on. I couldn't effin believe it.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

You know after all these (35) years Ive yet to hear GDW on the radio, actually a couple of weeks ago, Classic Hits Station played Edge of 17 it was my first time hearing it on any radio station here in OZ, i couldn't effin believe that either So of course i cranked up the volume LOL.. tho they do occasionally play Sara, Little Lies, Hold On, Dreams, GYOW, Tusk & Landslide..
Old 02-28-2012, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard GDW on the radio Sunday night while driving with a friend.

It's my ringtone, so when my friend got back in her car after jumping out to pick something up and it was playing, she was convinced that I had done something to make it play.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So yesterday while I was at my favorite restaurant getting my to-go order, they had the radio on playing "Leather and Lace." So I get in my car and turn on my radio trying to find out what station was playing the song. I tuned to the classic rock station, and they were playing Gold Dust Woman! How funny! I did find Leather and Lace on another station, kinda adult comtempory type station.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

heard Monday morning in a store at the Mall.

Mick

-Tom Waits
Old 03-01-2012, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard "Not That Funny" playing on the loudspeaker in a coffee shop once a few months ago... I thought it was really random.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I heard "Not That Funny" playing on the loudspeaker in a coffee shop once a few months ago... I thought it was really random.
Unbelievable! Whoever programmed that playlist was def. a fan of the band.
Old 03-02-2012, 06:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I love "Not That Funny". It's one of the best songs from the "Tusk" album. I wish I could hear it somewhere in Poland. Maybe one day...who knows...until then there's always "Little Lies" I can rely on in public space
Old 03-02-2012, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard Everywhere in the supermarket the other day. I normally hear that song or Little Lies whenever I'm in there.

Old 03-02-2012, 09:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Heard Everywhere in the supermarket the other day. I normally hear that song or Little Lies whenever I'm in there.
Sounds like my local branch of Boots - they are forever playing FM's Greatest Hits. I always linger in there quite a while!
Old 03-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Wow! Did it make your hair stand up on the back of your neck and turn three shades of blue?
Old 03-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Heard "Say You Love Me" in my college's cafeteria Wednesday!
Old 03-03-2012, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, I really like this thread but I wouldn't classify most of what is posted as unexpected. Just this morning on the way home from the store, I heard "Gold Dust Woman" on the radio, but it wouldn't occur to me to create a post about it because it's a very famous song and, even as a non-single, is on the radio quite a lot. Fleetwood Mac is a very famous, legendary band with a long list of enduring hits that can be played on classic rock, adult contemporary, and (I hate to say it) oldies stations. I hear them all the time. For really unexpected, I would have to go with "Thrown Down" being played on "Friends" or a Stevie Nicks joke on "Family Guy."
Old 03-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
You know, I really like this thread but I wouldn't classify most of what is posted as unexpected. Just this morning on the way home from the store, I heard "Gold Dust Woman" on the radio, but it wouldn't occur to me to create a post about it because it's a very famous song and, even as a non-single, is on the radio quite a lot. Fleetwood Mac is a very famous, legendary band with a long list of enduring hits that can be played on classic rock, adult contemporary, and (I hate to say it) oldies stations. I hear them all the time. For really unexpected, I would have to go with "Thrown Down" being played on "Friends" or a Stevie Nicks joke on "Family Guy."
You don't think it's unexpected to hear "Not That Funny" in a coffee shop?

But I know what you mean. This is less of 'unexpected FM' and more of 'I heard FM playing and it wasn't coming from my CD player or iPod speakers!'