Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-16-2004, 09:10 AM
Ledgie

Default Fleetwood Mac party game

I've been meaning to post the Fleetwood Mac game that we had at the Melbourne Party February 2004 (when the Mac were in town). It's called the Melbourne Party Game.
I wouldn't call it very innovative but it was the conceptual vision of yours truly.

This is what you need:
(1) someone to be MC
(2) someone to keep score
(3) panel of 3 judges
(4) Box of Stevie clothing and accessories

We organised a party of Fleetwood Mac fans. After food and drinks we divided everyone into two teams - the
Fleetwoods and the Macs. Each team had to nominate a model. Models sat on chairs.

Teams were asked questions. If the Macs knew the answer then they had to scream "Mac". If the Fleetwoods knew the answer...they had to scream...."Fleetwood".

The team that delivered the correct answer got to choose an item of Stevie clothing from a box.

Objective: To get your model to best represent an image/style of Stevie Nicks.

We had three rounds of questions.

Round 1. True or False - 10 questions. Each answer is worth one point.

Round 2. Bonus round - who is the biggest fan? A series of qualified questions on how many concerts had been attended. Who had travelled overseas to see Mac or Stevie. Who owned the most memorabillia etc. 3points.

Round 3. Q and A. 10 questions. If someone answers incorrectly then other team gets to answer.

At the end of 3 rounds of questions - the models take a turn at some Stevie action (spinning, bowing, etc) then the panel of judges awards the prize to
the team with the better model. It's all fun and games and not to be taken too seriously.

Our prizes were CD's....concert promo posters etc.

May other Mac fans enjoy this!

Cheers
Rochelle

It sounds cheesy...but after a few beers....
Old 07-16-2004, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldplay
I've been meaning to post the Fleetwood Mac game that we had at the Melbourne Party February 2004 (when the Mac were in town). It's called the Melbourne Party Game.
I wouldn't call it very innovative but it was the conceptual vision of yours truly.

This is what you need:
(1) someone to be MC
(2) someone to keep score
(3) panel of 3 judges
(4) Box of Stevie clothing and accessories

We organised a party of Fleetwood Mac fans. After food and drinks we divided everyone into two teams - the
Fleetwoods and the Macs. Each team had to nominate a model. Models sat on chairs.

Teams were asked questions. If the Macs knew the answer then they had to scream "Mac". If the Fleetwoods knew the answer...they had to scream...."Fleetwood".

The team that delivered the correct answer got to choose an item of Stevie clothing from a box.

Objective: To get your model to best represent an image/style of Stevie Nicks.

We had three rounds of questions.

Round 1. True or False - 10 questions. Each answer is worth one point.

Round 2. Bonus round - who is the biggest fan? A series of qualified questions on how many concerts had been attended. Who had travelled overseas to see Mac or Stevie. Who owned the most memorabillia etc. 3points.

Round 3. Q and A. 10 questions. If someone answers incorrectly then other team gets to answer.

At the end of 3 rounds of questions - the models take a turn at some Stevie action (spinning, bowing, etc) then the panel of judges awards the prize to
the team with the better model. It's all fun and games and not to be taken too seriously.

Our prizes were CD's....concert promo posters etc.

May other Mac fans enjoy this!

Cheers
Rochelle

It sounds cheesy...but after a few beers....
Actually, that sounds super fun! I have a dream for when I win the lottery that I would fly all the Ledgies (and others) to an Amber sponsored FM concert (which they agree to do, cause I pay them an exorbitant amount of money, plus, they love their fans - especially all hardcore fans ) and there is fun stuff before and after - this game would be great! It's nice that you could get so many mac fans together to play this game, great idea. and yeah, after a few beers it seems like it would get rowdy and super fun and funny.
Amber

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -