Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I was there last night, it was awesome!

It was great to see Without You and I loved it, but I think it falls flat to some because it needs a bridge with a small guitar part or solo. They followed the demo so closely, I think it would really benefit from some of Lindsey's finishing touches.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I agree with the long post regarding their age, expected stage antics etc. Compared to many other concerts I've been to this year they are giving a much longer show than most if not all I can remember. At there age it is amazing to me to have them rock a 2 1/2 hour concert for 70 shows +-. Very enjoyable performance last night and a very young crowd. Many teenagers and 20 somethings on the floor and sides. Sad angel was fantastic..can not wait for more new music.
Glad to hear about all the young folks coming out to see them
Old 04-05-2013, 10:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow, whitin minutes the dime-torrent dropped it contents onto my NAS and the show is playingmon my Sonos-system.

Back in the old days I was exited to receive a casette with a show weeks afterit was recorded, no it's only hours...

Alas skipped to Sisters and Without Youmright away. Sisters sounds great. Short but great. WIthout You have to grow on my. First reaction was: i prefer the outtake from 1974..... This sounds to flat for me....
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark stevie View Post
how exciting !!!
there they are ~ finally ~ out there doing what we all SAY we WANT & WAIT for them to do.......they DO it and we become a "tough crowd" to please........sure some things have changed...how could they not ??? these people are in their MID-SIXTIES.....for heavens sake !!! and, look around (or in the mirror) most of us arent that young anymore either....remember the 'glory days" ?? young, wild, unwrinkled.....going to the concert (in 5 inch heels), standing and dancing along with EVERYONE else...staying up the rest of the night enjoying the "rush" and going to work on hardly any sleep.......well..for me...those days are over.
also over are the days of "unpredictable" performances....spontaneous "exchanges" on the stage...and the energy and enthusiasm only youth or "whatever" can "fuel"....
some of us have been doing this for 30+ years...running around, emptying our pockets, keeping "the faith"...and for many years...wondering, if they'd EVER get back together and specifically, if stevie nicks would even SURVIVE......
im sorry this is a long post...but, at this point, we just need to be thankful.....for ALL it has been & all thats been "GIVEN".... theyre ALIVE...we're ALIVE...they look GOOD...they sound GOOD....theyre still TRYING ` when they could just be sitting in their "small (lol) but elegant homes - by their small but...pools...." i just heard SOTM (thanx 4 posting)...was it "speaking in tongues' ? get serious....but to have heard this song LIVE as 1 of MY "bucket-list 5" (SOTM, BC, storms, sara and SS) is a - 30 yrs later- dream come true...and i thought it was AMAZING she took the RISK - KNOWING what 2 performances it would be compared to...how brave of her !!!!! (we've waited a "looooooong time)
a final thought....what IF...their people visit here and tell them all the hurtful things that are said based on UNREALISTIC EXPECTATIONS and it gives weight to the INSECURITY we know they, FOR SURE, and stevie nicks (in particular) ADMITS (IYD doc ) she already has...and she....just...STOPS......???

how many of us would be happy then....?
Thanks for your positive post and POV. I don't think that any "review" here was at all negative. Thinking that only Myself and Michele has posted. The other commentary was about how much we ENJOYED Sad Angel AND Sisters, with a little bit of constructive criticism. I won't defend myself any more on Without You, b/c to my ear (LIVE) it did sound recorded...but after listening to it on YouTube, it doesn't sound BAD.

btw, IS this Karen???

If so, I would like to state that us "die hard" fans would LOVE a more intimate (smaller) setting that would SELL OUT. Therefore we can continue to enjoy the Greatest band in Rock History without having to endure the "casuals" in their drunkenness that insist on sloppy serenading Stevie with a half-baked, haphazardly versions of Dreams and Landslide.

I pay Good $ to hear the band perform....not to hear drunk Soccer Moms and white trash that "win" tickets for "that" band that is famous for "Go Your Own Way".

That being said, perhaps Stevie and the band wouldn't be so "insecure" in a more intimate setting knowing that their true "die-hard" fans shell out the bucks to hear deep-cuts and rarities that the "casual" fan would rebuke and run to the bathroom for. Let me compile a list of GREAT songs that the band could still realistically perform in this type of set-up:

Crystal
California Dreaming
(any BN/FM demo 73-80)
Frozen Love
Don't Let Me Down
Sorcerer
Without A Leg to Stand On
Blue Letter
I Don't Want To Know
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Angel
Save Me A Place
That's Enough For Me
Walk A Thin Line
The Ledge
Holiday Road
That's Alright
Straight Back
Can't Go Back
Fireflies
Doesn't Anything Last
Cool Water
Tango In The Night
Seven Wonders
Down Endless Street
Caroline
No Questions Asked
Freedom
Affairs of the Heart
Make Me a Mask
Twisted
If You Ever Did Believe
Murrow Turning Over
Thrown Down
Smile At You
Destiny Rules
Running Through the Garden
Love Minus Zero
Not Make Believe

That's just a small sample of what the Great Band is capable of. I'm sure most die-hards would agree that most of these songs would be welcomed additions to a more adventurous set list.

I agree with you, that I am ever-so Grateful that the band and (solo artists) are still with us and share their gifts every so often. May they live long and even more prosperous lives. I also agree that Us, as fans and consumers that Support the Band in all their endevours deserve the right to be HEARD, regardless if our opinions are popular or not.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie always sounds way worse on opening night of a fleetwood Mac tour. Oddly enough it does only apply to Mac tours. I don't recognize this curse on her tours. But watch any song from Pittsburgh march 1st 2009. Stevie's vocals were horrible. But by mid march, they had improved 100 percent. And there's no denying they'll have to improve again from what I've heard.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-05-2013, 10:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The problem is that they still sell-out these arena shows. So it would just make it even harder to get tickets if they played a smaller venue, no?
Old 04-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Thumbs up

dark stevie, I totally agree with your post! FM sounds and looks amazing to me for as long as they have been going almost 40 years now. I am thrilled to even get new music, even if a couple of songs at this point in their career. Which to me shows they want to do it for the fans too. Totally looooove Sad Angel, not at all what I expected, thought it would be a slower song, but what a great surprise! Yeah, they still got "IT"!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
The problem is that they still sell-out these arena shows. So it would just make it even harder to get tickets if they played a smaller venue, no?
More expensive, Yes. Harder to get, the jury's still out.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

ejb1969, Thanks so much for the video of Without You, that was awesome to hear their harmonies on this BN song! She was hitting the high notes, they make majic together with their voices.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I've been trying to figure out the words to Sad Angel:

[I]My eyes will consume all the silence in the room
Hmmm. Sounds like he's heard TISL.

Michele
Old 04-05-2013, 10:37 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FierySequences View Post
That being said, perhaps Stevie and the band wouldn't be so "insecure" in a more intimate setting knowing that their true "die-hard" fans shell out the bucks to hear deep-cuts and rarities that the "casual" fan would rebuke and run to the bathroom for. Let me compile a list of GREAT songs that the band could still realistically perform in this type of set-up:

Crystal
California Dreaming
(any BN/FM demo 73-80)
Frozen Love
Don't Let Me Down
Sorcerer
Without A Leg to Stand On
Blue Letter
I Don't Want To Know
I Know I'm Not Wrong
Angel
Save Me A Place
That's Enough For Me
Walk A Thin Line
The Ledge
Holiday Road
That's Alright
Straight Back
Can't Go Back
Fireflies
Doesn't Anything Last
Cool Water
Tango In The Night
Seven Wonders
Down Endless Street
Caroline
No Questions Asked
Freedom
Affairs of the Heart
Make Me a Mask
Twisted
If You Ever Did Believe
Murrow Turning Over
Thrown Down
Smile At You
Destiny Rules
Running Through the Garden
Love Minus Zero
Not Make Believe

That's just a small sample of what the Great Band is capable of. I'm sure most die-hards would agree that most of these songs would be welcomed additions to a more adventurous set list.
That's a fantastic list that shows what a phenomenal repertoire FM have. That they ignore it and decide to play 2/3 of Rumours and the White Album for the upteenth time makes me so angry I'm almost relieved I can't go to any of the shows.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

While it would be great to hear many of those, that set-list has nearly 40 songs. It's simply too much. They're already playing for close to 2-3 hours with the 23 (?) they do.

I'm just happy they are still playing, honestly. I'm excited to hear the new songs and I'll be excited to hear all the rest, too.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
On one of the videos of Sad Angel on YouTube I spotted an extra percussionist a la Rinkov. He was at Micks lefthand side, behind a pile of guitaramps. Come on Mick, you don't need that.
I saw Rinkov before the show, but I didn't see his set up during. I figured though.

Michele
Old 04-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShangriLaTroubl View Post
I have to say, I'm so glad Stevie ditched the hideous leather finger-less gloves with dangling bling..lol those things are the worst. Yes, I know her hands look old- but honestly no-one is paying attention to that and the look fine to me..Hope they stay gone.
She had them on later in the night. They were black fingerless leather with rhinestone cuffs.

Michele
Old 04-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
While it would be great to hear many of those, that set-list has nearly 40 songs. It's simply too much. They're already playing for close to 2-3 hours with the 23 (?) they do.

I'm just happy they are still playing, honestly. I'm excited to hear the new songs and I'll be excited to hear all the rest, too.
They should play every town two times if there should be another tour ever again. On the first day, they could play a "Greatest Hits"-set. On the second day, they could play a "Forgotten Gems"-set.

But seriously: I am lucky about the set list, though I am still aching that we won't hear any "Tango In The Night"-songs beside "Big Love".

I would love to see them live even if they were just playing a set full of cover versions.