The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-08-2017, 05:49 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 434
Default Buck/McVie Huber Heights

This is my first time at this venue. It's fairly new and really nice. Easy to get to. The merchandise is the same as the Chicago show(other one I attended). I bought 2 keychains since I missed those last time. 2 screens on either side of the stage showing footage from the making of the album.

Opening band is Wilderado from California.
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 08-08-2017, 09:26 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,890
Default

Have fun tonight!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-08-2017, 11:17 PM
jenniferuk jenniferuk is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London transplant in Ohio
Posts: 574
Default

What a night! Here's a few thoughts: I loved the energy, enthusiasm, we even got some ad lib comments...a brilliant evening. We were on Christine's side (left aisle), row 4 (which was really row 3) and security wouldn't let us up to the stage until the encores, but such is life. They also didn't let the people in front us to the stage-there was a pavement/floor crack they said we had to stay behind. Anyone in violation got moved.

Highlights: the energy, Chris and her little dance moves, her interaction with the crowd is reserved but there...she shook her maracas at us, gave thumbs up, etc. For a brief moment we exchanged a look (during too far gone) that I realise could be directed at anyone, but I'll take it. The new music sounded great. She is so beautiful.

The crowd was slow to get up & dance but finally a few joined in & that kicked off the fun. I loved when the crowd sang Stevie's part on Lies & Linds & Chris seemed to enjoy that.

YMLF is one of my all time faves and CM was definitely off tonight. But, I'll take it. I was a tad disappointed that Linds never came over to our side, but I can't blame him as no one was up at the stage.

Fess up Ledgies: who amongst you was front row center dancing the night away? Your enthusiasm was unparalleled!

I've been a fm fan as long as I can remember, like many of you the songs are the stories of my life. My favourite members are John & Chris, not in a shipper way, but in a talent & coolness way. I haven't seen Chris on stage since 1997, shows I enjoyed but shows we knew bored her. I can't begin to describe how amazing tonight was for me, and it appeared also for them!!

I haven't been to a small venue in years but this one was great: well organized. A lot of empty seats, sadly. At FM shows I like to sit center row 4-8 where the sound is good and I can see John. After tonight I completely understand the appeal of getting to the stage! It was wonderful to be that close, interact with the band.

I will say that I thought I'd miss John & Mick but this was a completely different experience and the band members were solid & clearly having a ball.

Sorry for any typos & nonsense...too pumped to sleep & typing on my phone.

Hope some others were there & had an equally enjoyable night.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:54 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenniferuk View Post
What a night! Here's a few thoughts: I loved the energy, enthusiasm, we even got some ad lib comments...a brilliant evening. We were on Christine's side (left aisle), row 4 (which was really row 3) and security wouldn't let us up to the stage until the encores, but such is life. They also didn't let the people in front us to the stage-there was a pavement/floor crack they said we had to stay behind. Anyone in violation got moved.

Highlights: the energy, Chris and her little dance moves, her interaction with the crowd is reserved but there...she shook her maracas at us, gave thumbs up, etc. For a brief moment we exchanged a look (during too far gone) that I realise could be directed at anyone, but I'll take it. The new music sounded great. She is so beautiful.

The crowd was slow to get up & dance but finally a few joined in & that kicked off the fun. I loved when the crowd sang Stevie's part on Lies & Linds & Chris seemed to enjoy that.

YMLF is one of my all time faves and CM was definitely off tonight. But, I'll take it. I was a tad disappointed that Linds never came over to our side, but I can't blame him as no one was up at the stage.

Fess up Ledgies: who amongst you was front row center dancing the night away? Your enthusiasm was unparalleled!

I've been a fm fan as long as I can remember, like many of you the songs are the stories of my life. My favourite members are John & Chris, not in a shipper way, but in a talent & coolness way. I haven't seen Chris on stage since 1997, shows I enjoyed but shows we knew bored her. I can't begin to describe how amazing tonight was for me, and it appeared also for them!!

I haven't been to a small venue in years but this one was great: well organized. A lot of empty seats, sadly. At FM shows I like to sit center row 4-8 where the sound is good and I can see John. After tonight I completely understand the appeal of getting to the stage! It was wonderful to be that close, interact with the band.

I will say that I thought I'd miss John & Mick but this was a completely different experience and the band members were solid & clearly having a ball.

Sorry for any typos & nonsense...too pumped to sleep & typing on my phone.

Hope some others were there & had an equally enjoyable night.
Makes me wish you were in LA. The whole theater was rockin. I'm so glad you had a great time and got to see it!!! I hope there's more BuckVie to come. It was an amazing experience for me. I could feel the energy..........
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:46 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,156
Default

I was there! The energy was amazing - like Lindsey solo shows, nothing like somber mood from the first buckvie shows I've seen. Energetic people in the front row put Lindsey in a good mood immediately. Lots of rambling, smiles,and audience interaction. Lindsey missed the bows because of talking to us. Was well worth the track to Ohio!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-09-2017, 05:33 AM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I was there! The energy was amazing - like Lindsey solo shows, nothing like somber mood from the first buckvie shows I've seen. Energetic people in the front row put Lindsey in a good mood immediately. Lots of rambling, smiles,and audience interaction. Lindsey missed the bows because of talking to us. Was well worth the track to Ohio!
Elle and jwd, if I had known you guys were going to be there, I would have probably gone! Nice to see you and jwd and other regulars here had such a great time. I was really wanting to go but too much going on at home kept me away, plus I couldn't find anyone willing to go- I need better friends!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-09-2017, 09:14 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Elle and jwd, if I had known you guys were going to be there, I would have probably gone! Nice to see you and jwd and other regulars here had such a great time. I was really wanting to go but too much going on at home kept me away, plus I couldn't find anyone willing to go- I need better friends!
I was hoping you would go. It was quite an amazing experience. A great notch to put in the FMac concert libraries.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-09-2017, 11:37 AM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Elle and jwd, if I had known you guys were going to be there, I would have probably gone! Nice to see you and jwd and other regulars here had such a great time. I was really wanting to go but too much going on at home kept me away, plus I couldn't find anyone willing to go- I need better friends!

I had to rearrange the work schedule a little, with the concert falling in the middle of the week. But I'm so glad I went. It was an amazing night. One I'll never forget!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:03 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,380
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I had to rearrange the work schedule a little, with the concert falling in the middle of the week. But I'm so glad I went. It was an amazing night. One I'll never forget!
Glad you had such a great time. And I am surprised to hear there wasn't more of a crowd... FM and Stevie always seem to do very well in Ohio. Stevie played in Columbus earlier this year and she's playing in Dayton again in September, I think. Plus I hear FM on the radio a lot.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-09-2017, 12:16 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,146
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Glad you had such a great time. And I am surprised to hear there wasn't more of a crowd... FM and Stevie always seem to do very well in Ohio. Stevie played in Columbus earlier this year and she's playing in Dayton again in September, I think. Plus I hear FM on the radio a lot.
Thanks! I'm guessing some of the reasons for the low attendance was the concert being on a Tuesday night, and a lot of people don't recognize the names Buckingham McVie. I had to explain several times to people, when asked what concert I was going to, who they were. Most people know the names Stevie Nicks and of course Fleetwood Mac. Plus there was no promotion for the concert at all.

I really look at this tour as a true gift from Lindsey and Chris. They didn't have to do this record, which I think is fantastic and was playing it through at least fives times last night. Moreover they didn't have to tour behind it. To me it's a sign of their true artistry and the direction they want to go in as musicians. So kudos to them.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-09-2017, 07:42 PM
Lola Lola is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Illinois
Posts: 434
Default

Reading thru the comments--I concur on Christine's gorgeous hair and she was wearing cute sparkly shoes. Hard to believe she's in her 70's. Too Far Gone really rocks and gets people moving.

I was on the left side 6th row, 2nd seat from the center aisle. Great guys on both sides of me, there to see LB mostly. We were laughing about 3 single tickets and who bought 1st, 2nd, 3rd. My section was sedate except for a few closer up and a few further down my aisle. So glad to see there were others on my side having a ball! Lots of energy front and center! Kudos to ALL party people-- ledgie or not!! This tour is a blessing and I'm not going to celebrate it sitting down. I wish Lindsey would have come over too but we had plenty of interaction with Chris. She waves, smiles, nods and does her little dances moves--clearly having fun. I made a sign that said "Thank You For New Music". Just a flimsy sign written in marker but it worked. I brought it to the Chicago show too but realized some of the marker smudged after holding it up for a minute. This time it was legible and Chris saw it. She looked right at me, nodded and smiled. The guy on my left goes she saw it!

The security kept the aisles clear and told people to turn their flash off. Then for the encore they let everyone up. That was unexpected. I talked to one of the ushers after the show and he said every band does things different and they gave the all clear for fans to come up. That's when I saw Chris's shoes.

Can anyone verify Lindsey's comment about him and Chris "doing this again" or "we'll do this again"? I'm certain I heard him say that. He complimented Chris on her time away from the band saying it "took a lot of courage' for her to do what she needed to do.

I met a super sweet girl and her friend---one of the diehards like me--holding it down on the left side, on their feet and singing along to every song. It's so cool to meet people who go to multiple shows. Nothing to explain!!

The show was splendid. Occasional weak vocals and Chris doesn't play as much/keeps it simple like mentioned earlier in this thread. Lindsey brings the house down with his solo. The band sounds great even if I'm not thrilled about backing tracks. I love the songs. I love the emphasis on the new music and when they play those 4 new songs in a row towards the beginning I feel high as a kite! I felt a little sad on the way home tho. Only 2 more shows left. A family situation usurped my Detroit show and I'm STILL pissed about that. I'm so glad they did this album. Every day I appreciate the new music and the tour.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-09-2017, 09:23 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,156
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
I made a sign that said "Thank You For New Music". Just a flimsy sign written in marker but it worked. I brought it to the Chicago show too but realized some of the marker smudged after holding it up for a minute. This time it was legible and Chris saw it. She looked right at me, nodded and smiled. The guy on my left goes she saw it!

The security kept the aisles clear and told people to turn their flash off. Then for the encore they let everyone up. That was unexpected. I talked to one of the ushers after the show and he said every band does things different and they gave the all clear for fans to come up. That's when I saw Chris's shoes.

Can anyone verify Lindsey's comment about him and Chris "doing this again" or "we'll do this again"? I'm certain I heard him say that. He complimented Chris on her time away from the band saying it "took a lot of courage' for her to do what she needed to do.
so great that you made the sign and that Chris saw it!!

yes i've heard him say that too - he half-asked Chris that they should do all this again, maybe in 2 years?! i understood it as another new album and tour it!

i'm looking for a recording of one of the shorter LB ramblings i think right after they came back out for the encores - he mentioned something about being too hot in Washington - would love to have that if anyone has it or finds it!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-09-2017, 06:08 AM
jenniferuk jenniferuk is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: London transplant in Ohio
Posts: 574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I was there! The energy was amazing - like Lindsey solo shows, nothing like somber mood from the first buckvie shows I've seen. Energetic people in the front row put Lindsey in a good mood immediately. Lots of rambling, smiles,and audience interaction. Lindsey missed the bows because of talking to us. Was well worth the track to Ohio!
I'm so pleased you decided to make the trip! I should have messaged you so that I could say hello and thank you in person for you're continued information gathering and sharing!

We all laughed when Linds missed the bows...glad he was off amongst friends! He was adorable last night...thank you front row gang for keeping him amused.

Hope you had somewhere local booked to stay? We got out of the venue in 10 minutes then got stuck in construction holdup for 40 minutes. Ohio roads not the best at the moment, and I think you said you were driving in. Glad the show made it worthwhile!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:19 AM
Josh2003's Avatar
Josh2003 Josh2003 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Columbus, OH
Posts: 1,441
Default

Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.
__________________


http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-09-2017, 08:59 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
Was there as well! 4th row center. Nice little venue. Was also somewhat surprised at the smaller crowd, given it was the only Ohio show, and the potential for drawing people from Cincinnati and Columbus, but living in Columbus, I really did not see any marketing here and would not have known about the show were I not already a rabid fan.

Both LB and CM were super fun and playful with the crowd. Shout out to the group in the front row for egging them on and bringing the fun out of them :-)

Is Christine even playing keyboards? I saw her doing something with the foot pedals during You Make Loving Fun, and she was definitely playing during Game of Pretend. But Brett absolutely played the intro to Hold Me. Is she playing at all, or are her parts just mixed REALLY low?

The drum tracks were annoying too. I'd watch Jimmy playing, and realize at many times the drum parts were were HEARING were not what he was PLAYING (Too Far Gone drum solos, Love is Here to Stay being major examples).

One thing I found interesting seeing Chris that close...on Lindsey-featured songs (I'm So Afraid specifically), when the lighting is down on her, and she's focused on "playing" the keys, the ways she looks to the side, with her hair in her face...my god, it felt to me like I was watching 1982 Christine performing on the Mirage tour or something...it was quite surreal.

Loved the show. The new songs sounded great. In fact, everything sounded much better in person than the YouTube clips I had seen (go figure). Her voice was exceptionally perfect on Wish You Were Here.
YES!!! I had this same sensation. I felt like I'd gone into a time machine. It was such an amazing experience.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887 BEKKA BRAMLETT singer song writer
$2.99
35 mm PHOTO SLIDE TRANSPARENCY #887   BEKKA BRAMLETT  singer  song writer picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved