The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't see why being on the road is such a detriment to making this next record. I'd say it's probably a good opportunity for the band to work on some songs to see what works and what doesn't. There's got to be some creative juices flowing on the road.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I really don't see why being on the road is such a detriment to making this next record. I'd say it's probably a good opportunity for the band to work on some songs to see what works and what doesn't. There's got to be some creative juices flowing on the road.
They flow, but they don't flow together.

Michele
Old 10-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
They flow, but they don't flow together.

Michele
I knew I was going to get some comments after I typed that, but I hit submit anyway.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwd View Post
I knew I was going to get some comments after I typed that, but I hit submit anyway.
Well, it could have been salacious.

Seriously though, we know Lindsey and Stevie write music in their hotel rooms. Who knows what Christine does.

Michele
Old 10-16-2014, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Well, it could have been salacious.

Seriously though, we know Lindsey and Stevie write music in their hotel rooms. Who knows what Christine does.

Michele
But not in the same hotel rooms? Right?!
Old 10-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kak125 View Post
Lindsey is trending at #5 on yahoo today.

In a new interview with the Wall Street Journal to promote Fleetwood Mac's extremely successful comeback tour, Lindsey Buckingham talks at length about the band's new recording sessions and how the potential comeback album is progressing.

"Christine and I were able to concentrate on each other," Buckingham said of the pair's time in the studio the past few months. He noted that when the elusive British keyboardist rejoined the band earlier this year after a 16-year absence, she also brought piano and voice demos with her. "We were exploring some new turf. That became enlightening to me," he added, noting that Stevie Nicks had been unable to sit in on the sessions due to prior selfie-related commitments.

Have no fear though: Buckingham promises that Fleetwood Mac's members will all get to work on music together in due time:

We never envisioned finishing the album in the short term. We set it aside. Stevie will come in and participate. I have material I had been working on. There’s no danger that it will slip between the tracks. It’s too profound to.

The band plans to continue on their tour until March. There's no word on when a potential comeback album — their first since 2003's Say You Will — might surface, but click your heels and spin around three times while wearing a shawl and hope for the best.

http://www.spin.com/articles/fleetwo...ristine-mcvie/
Please in our life time. I hope not at a snails pace or slow boat to China pace in the studio.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-16-2014, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
That made me laugh so much, I can see it in my minds eye....deep in the dark woods something stirred......
Haha Haha .
Hahahaha.Something could come out good for them.A hit song.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-16-2014, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Mick Fleetwood: "We Hope So"

New article from Toronto, read the full article at fleetwoodmacnews.com

Lindsey Buckingham has called the new material "profound," an adjective that Fleetwood agreed with enthusiastically.

"It is profound. It's great," said the 67-year-old drummer Thursday in an interview in Toronto. "The four of us went in ... and had a lot of fun — for Chris, just reconnecting, playing music, with no particular thought in mind.

"I hope it becomes part of something that will make sense. But (bassist) John (McVie), Lindsey and me and Chris, we were all participating. So it's exciting."

The band's last album of new material was 2003's "Say You Will," but the last to feature the band's most successful five-piece lineup was 1987's "Tango in the Night."

Asked whether Nicks would eventually be involved in the recording, Fleetwood replied: "We hope so."

"Right now we've got this tour to do and it's very time-consuming so we'll see," he added. "It will come out one way or another."
Old 10-16-2014, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Mick Fleetwood: "We Hope So"

New article from Toronto, read the full article at fleetwoodmacnews.com

Lindsey Buckingham has called the new material "profound," an adjective that Fleetwood agreed with enthusiastically.

"It is profound. It's great," said the 67-year-old drummer Thursday in an interview in Toronto. "The four of us went in ... and had a lot of fun — for Chris, just reconnecting, playing music, with no particular thought in mind.

"I hope it becomes part of something that will make sense. But (bassist) John (McVie), Lindsey and me and Chris, we were all participating. So it's exciting."

The band's last album of new material was 2003's "Say You Will," but the last to feature the band's most successful five-piece lineup was 1987's "Tango in the Night."

Asked whether Nicks would eventually be involved in the recording, Fleetwood replied: "We hope so."

"Right now we've got this tour to do and it's very time-consuming so we'll see," he added. "It will come out one way or another."
well, WE were all there.

MAYBE Stevie will do something with us.

MAYBE we'll put it out without her.

Doesn't sound like it's nailed down to me.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that Chris comes back after 16 years...everyone else in the band goes into the studio and clearly Stevie is hesitant.

For a long while, I did think it was just a contractual gag order due to 24 K coming out. I figured, warner doesn't want her to talk about the new mac album if she has an album coming out. Makes sense.

Obviously, it's pretty clear Stevie has some sort of reason for not jumping on the bandwagon. I'm also guessing that any questions about the new album are on the "do not ask" list when it comes time for her to do interviews. I always thought that with Christine back, it would provide that buffer(that hasn't been there since Chris left) that would put Stevie at ease, much more so than before. Maybe Stevie feels that since Christine and Lindsey are so close, she will still feel outnumbered like she did before? I have no idea.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:55 PM

Quote:
I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that Chris comes back after 16 years...everyone else in the band goes into the studio and clearly Stevie is hesitant.

For a long while, I did think it was just a contractual gag order due to 24 K coming out. I figured, warner doesn't want her to talk about the new mac album if she has an album coming out. Makes sense.

Obviously, it's pretty clear Stevie has some sort of reason for not jumping on the bandwagon. I'm also guessing that any questions about the new album are on the "do not ask" list when it comes time for her to do interviews. I always thought that with Christine back, it would provide that buffer(that hasn't been there since Chris left) that would put Stevie at ease, much more so than before. Maybe Stevie feels that since Christine and Lindsey are so close, she will still feel outnumbered like she did before? I have no idea.
I thought that myself. When Lindsey and Christine get in a writing/instrumental mode, they get on their own planet. They have a special muse that's been there since the first album. They even played and sang on each other's albums when they went solo.

Michele, are you reading Mick's quotes the same way I am. He's building a pressure cooker.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I thought that myself. When Lindsey and Christine get in a writing/instrumental mode, they get on their own planet. They have a special muse that's been there since the first album. They even played and sang on each other's albums when they went solo.

Michele, are you reading Mick's quotes the same way I am. He's building a pressure cooker.
history repeating? nah.....

like i said, next we need OMS tour and Dancin'/Poor Little Raven.

i loved that article about Steelers and FM Michele posted somewhere in one of these threads. you can read that and i assign characters here, over and over.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-17-2014, 12:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Stevie hasn't even addressed anything about a new album (see below). We're just going off of what has been said in interviews.

Quote:
I don't know if it's Warners, her management, or a combination of both, but that would be very consistent with conversations I've personally had with the management and label of the band I work for. I think it's industry standard. Just because something is happening doesn't mean one is at liberty to talk about it, even in the abstract, and especially not while somebody is promoting two (actually three if you count the photo exhibition) other projects. But she's certainly not going to say she's agreeing to another Fleetwood Mac project while she, her management, and the label working her new solo album as well as the band's "reunion" tour.

The easiest way to keep her out of the "new Fleetwood Mac album" discussion is to not agree to do it, at least until they've finished working 24KG. The band can say "we still have to get Stevie on board," and Stevie's management/label can tell interviewers that any new Fleetwood Mac album questions are off limits. The band can legitimately say they're working on new material (i.e. we're not just an oldies band) and Stevie doesn't have to have her focus taken off of working 24KG.

Quote:
Obviously, it's pretty clear Stevie has some sort of reason for not jumping on the bandwagon. I'm also guessing that any questions about the new album are on the "do not ask" list when it comes time for her to do interviews.
I think that's a very safe bet.

Quote:
I always thought that with Christine back, it would provide that buffer(that hasn't been there since Chris left) that would put Stevie at ease, much more so than before. Maybe Stevie feels that since Christine and Lindsey are so close, she will still feel outnumbered like she did before? I have no idea.
Christine has been to at least one IYD premier, the 24KG photo exhibition, and reportedly went to Nashville while Stevie was recording 24KG. Christine also said that they had a few "girls nights out" since she's rejoined. The point being is that I think Stevie also feels close to Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2014, 12:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The point being is that I think Stevie also feels close to Christine.
it's not her relationship with Chris that is at the heart of any of the FM album issues. It's her working relationship with Lindsey, and his role as producer.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Stevie hasn't even addressed anything about a new album (see below). We're just going off of what has been said in interviews.

I don't know if it's Warners, her management, or a combination of both, but that would be very consistent with conversations I've personally had with the management and label of the band I work for. I think it's industry standard. Just because something is happening doesn't mean one is at liberty to talk about it, even in the abstract, and especially not while somebody is promoting two (actually three if you count the photo exhibition) other projects. But she's certainly not going to say she's agreeing to another Fleetwood Mac project while she, her management, and the label working her new solo album as well as the band's "reunion" tour.

The easiest way to keep her out of the "new Fleetwood Mac album" discussion is to not agree to do it, at least until they've finished working 24KG. The band can say "we still have to get Stevie on board," and Stevie's management/label can tell interviewers that any new Fleetwood Mac album questions are off limits. The band can legitimately say they're working on new material (i.e. we're not just an oldies band) and Stevie doesn't have to have her focus taken off of working 24KG.

I think that's a very safe bet.

Christine has been to at least one IYD premier, the 24KG photo exhibition, and reportedly went to Nashville while Stevie was recording 24KG. Christine also said that they had a few "girls nights out" since she's rejoined. The point being is that I think Stevie also feels close to Christine.
What exactly is Stevie doing to promote 24K that you're so certain even the idea that Stevie might one day participate in a Fleetwood Mac album would take away from? Why is it ok for her to tour with fleetwood Mac but coming to an agreement with her band mates is crossing the line? So she has to keep her schedule for the next year or two wide open because she's promoting an album right now? The line of thinking defies logic because of how little attention it would really receive right now and how little she's actively promoting her new album. While you may be an industry expert her veteran band mates don't seem to be aware of the concept.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 10-17-2014 at 12:24 AM..