The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Stevie Nicks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Is Section A, Row 1, Seat 5 a good ticket?

http://www1.ticketmaster.com/stevie-...t4517v2Control

For Newark.

I've never been to a Stevie concert so I'm not sure. Yes, it's first row, but I know Stevie pretty much never moves and it's all the way to the side. Is it any good? Or would center Row 14 Section B be better?
Old 03-20-2017, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If you're referring to that ticket listed at $800, I really don't think it's worth it. I think paying regular price to be a few rows back is just fine
Old 03-21-2017, 12:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Is it for 800?

Where is section b?

Keep us posted, I was first row in Portland, I'll give you my opinion.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can get it for $500, but this'll be my only time seeing Stevie (I'm from Europe) so the price is no big deal.

Section B, Row 14 is EXACTLY in the center.

The front row ticket seems to be all the way off to the side of the stage.

That's my main concern? Stevie doesn't move much, she doesn't really look around, is it worth it? Or should I just go for Row 14 in the center?
Old 03-21-2017, 09:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Being close has its own rewards, certainly, as it provides a unique experience to see the STAR of the show, but also everyone else, what they're wearing, what they do in between songs, what kind of water they sip, etc..

To me, the biggest drawback to being super up close is the sound. The sound techs are not building the sound for you in they front row, they're building it for everyone else behind you. I've found that the sound can often go past you, if that makes sense. Also, you'll be hearing some instruments as they sound from the stage as well as from the PA. Not the biggest deal, but sometimes it makes your favorite song sound like gooey mush.

If you want the experience to see the detail, go for the front row. If the potential for weird sound would distract you all night, then maybe 5 or so rows back would be best.

You're going to have a great time either way.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Great point about the music! Thanks! Is the view of the star actually good front row to the side? If you look on that map, Section A, Row 1, Seat 5. Or is center back better in regards to that?
Old 03-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinmatrix View Post
Great point about the music! Thanks! Is the view of the star actually good front row to the side? If you look on that map, Section A, Row 1, Seat 5. Or is center back better in regards to that?
From what I could tell using the map, seat 5 would mean that you would be in front of Sharon and Marilyn and/or Carlos, looking up toward the Left side of Stevie. Not bad.
Old 03-21-2017, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashingDan View Post
From what I could tell using the map, seat 5 would mean that you would be in front of Sharon and Marilyn and/or Carlos, looking up toward the Left side of Stevie. Not bad.
Yup! Do you think it'd be better than center but all the way down at row 14?

Sorry for all the questions, this is just gonna be my only Stevie concert ever so I just want to make sure I make the most out of it. I'll absolutely love it either way of course. ^^
Old 03-21-2017, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Can't answer that. It's up to you to decide. Either way, you're gonna have a great time.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I've never been to this venue, but I would say definitely go with front row IMO. 5th or 6th and center is better than front and to the side, but 14 rows back makes you not only further from Stevie than you would be if you got the side seat, but you also have a lot of people's heads blocking your view too! Many floor sections are level (not sure about this venue) so unless you are tall you really run the risk of not being able to see as well. The sound might be somewhat different being so close, but not enough to really notice and I feel like the whole experience of being there is the fact that she is physically there... I would sacrifice minor sound quality to be able to see her in person than to have perfect sound and not be able to see.
Old 03-21-2017, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yup! Do you think it'd be better than center but all the way down at row 14?

Sorry for all the questions, this is just gonna be my only Stevie concert ever so I just want to make sure I make the most out of it. I'll absolutely love it either way of course. ^^
Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I've never been to this venue, but I would say definitely go with front row IMO. 5th or 6th and center is better than front and to the side, but 14 rows back makes you not only further from Stevie than you would be if you got the side seat, but you also have a lot of people's heads blocking your view too! Many floor sections are level (not sure about this venue) so unless you are tall you really run the risk of not being able to see as well. The sound might be somewhat different being so close, but not enough to really notice and I feel like the whole experience of being there is the fact that she is physically there... I would sacrifice minor sound quality to be able to see her in person than to have perfect sound and not be able to see.
i second APerfectLie - if you are coming to the US for this and don't care that much about the price, get the front row no question! i don't know about SN shows, but FM or LB shows you can usually move around in front of the stage if you are front row anyway. if you asked front row side or 3rd row center, i'd say go for 3rd row, but not 14th.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2017, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all the feedback! Very tempted to get the ticket now! I don't mind the price. Of course it's like cutting out my kidney but for this once-in-a-lifetime experience I think it's acceptable.

CAN YOU actually move around on the front row? In a SN concert? Like does everyone move a bit more to the center or how does that go?
Old 03-21-2017, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thanks for all the feedback! Very tempted to get the ticket now! I don't mind the price. Of course it's like cutting out my kidney but for this once-in-a-lifetime experience I think it's acceptable.

CAN YOU actually move around on the front row? In a SN concert? Like does everyone move a bit more to the center or how does that go?
This tour they have been super strict. Only the first row. If you are in seat 5 you can't just push your way over to Stevie. In reno you could stand at the stage but where your seat was. In the past you could go where ever you wanted.
Old 03-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric51078 View Post
This tour they have been super strict. Only the first row. If you are in seat 5 you can't just push your way over to Stevie. In reno you could stand at the stage but where your seat was. In the past you could go where ever you wanted.
I bought the first row ticket!! I just think it'd be much more special! Thanks for the advice guys.

So I'll be front row, can we actually walk a little bit more towards the center where Stevie is?
Old 03-21-2017, 10:54 PM
Ledgie

So glad to see that you bought the first row. As others have said, the sound might not be the best but I was in the 12th row center for Stevie's San Diego show (in VIP seats) and had people as tall as trees in front of me. Fortunately, I was able to move up a couple rows during intermission so could see Stevie but my photos weren't anywhere near as good as they would have been if I'd been closer to the front or up on the side of the stage.

If you're on stage left, that's where Sharon and Marilyn (Stevie's back-up singers) are and Stevie sings towards that direction quite a bit during the show. The stage is very well set up for this tour so you should be in great shape anywhere in the front row.

Also, depending on the venue, I've seen people in the front row move over to where Stevie is. That may or may not work for your show but try it. You'll have the first set to get the lay of the land and then you can head over there during intermission.

Hope you have a fabulous time!!!