The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2017, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I very much doubt she would be living the luxurious life she's living without her husband's fortune. But hey, that's always the wife's privilege for being a wife!
same as if the guy marries rich.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I'm glad you have a nice experience with her. I also don't understand the need to tell me this when I didn't say anything bad about her.

I guess Stevie's fans and Lindsey's fans have more things in common than they think.

Probably both are over-sensitive - including myself. I usually just wait for Elle to respond to any potentially disparaging LB comments (not that yours were, I likely just mis-interpreted some comments as "wife hate" - criticism comes with the territory as an artist or public figure, but comments about family members crosses the line in my opinion).
Old 04-04-2017, 08:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I feel like a lot of Lindsey's lyrics, starting around like Mirage, maybe even Tusk, at least for me started to become kind of like ???????
I think he started writing less about obvious personal things, like this happened, then this etc and he would instead get like an idea from something/someone and write a song around it.

Like Oh Diane, what even is that.
i think Lindsey's lyrics got immensely better in the 90s, at the time he was writing GOS1 songs. much stronger lyrics, with layers of meanings in many of his songs since then.

there was a story that at the time of Rumours he'd write a sentence on the piece of paper, tear the paper in individual words, and give each word to someone to make a new sentence around it, and then he'd use those sentences for his verses.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hey, I like the EP!

I know, he tried once. He's not gonna try twice.
me too, i like his 3 songs on the EP. but only 2 were really finished, ITT was thrown in haphazardly. that's why i think it's good that SN didn't in the end agree to the FM album - because it would be haphazardly put together, like SYW and EP were. i think (i hope!) that BuckVie album will actually be cohesive, something we didn't get from not-quite-successfully-compromising Buck Nicks combo in the last few decades.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Probably both are over-sensitive - including myself. I usually just wait for Elle to respond to any potentially disparaging LB comments (not that yours were, I likely just mis-interpreted some comments as "wife hate" - criticism comes with the territory as an artist or public figure, but comments about family members crosses the line in my opinion).
tsk tsk i see how that works, you use me to do dirty work for y'all!
Old 04-04-2017, 08:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbfan View Post
Her website is KB LLC (limited liability corporation - set up to protect personal assets from company obligations and liabilities, including lawsuits). I see no reference, past or present, that makes reference to being an architect or offering architectural services. You must be registered in each state you practice in to offer architectural design services as they have serious responsibilities and obligations (life safety, means of egress, structural if a separate structural engineer is not retained, occupancy limitations, etc.).

An interior designer helps you pick fabrics, furnishings and artwork. It is very much akin to the fashion industry, but for homes and buildings instead of personal garments.

Sorry to be anal, but being in the construction business, I am very attuned to the reponsibilities and obligations of design professionals.
I know what an LLC is. I own one. The instagram account uses #kbarchitecture or #kristenbuckinghamarchitecture on all the photos of the houses being built and decorated by the owner, Kristen Buckingham. That's what the comment was in reference to. I know what it entails to be an architect, which is precisely why I was calling it out. I know what an interior designer is. Thanks for all the info.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BN7qd-8j...en-by=kbchrush
https://www.instagram.com/p/BSBjuBMg...en-by=kbchrush
https://www.instagram.com/p/BRoLmLKA...en-by=kbchrush

edited to add: Her twitter account also says:

Kristen Buckingham
@KBChrush
Mother. Wife. Designer. Architecture and Interiors. All happening in Los Angeles.

Last edited by bombaysaffires : 04-04-2017 at 08:34 PM.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think she's a designer with a particularly large amount of clients, probably because it doesn't seem like she had much of a 'design education'. It seems like they buy houses, she decorates them, and then they sell them. Like how a rich person becomes a designer basically.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:32 AM
Ledgie

Because KB was a photographer originally when she met LB, is that correct? Has any of her photography portfolio ever come to light....I'd like to see it.
I find her interior design work a bit intense though and I feel if I sat in one of her designed living rooms I'd get a headache straight away with so much contrasting colour and texture going on.....