The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2013, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question. THe show I was planning on attending later this summer isn't showing any more Premium Seats. Does that mean it's selling really well???
Old 04-06-2013, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

here is a vid i took of SOTM. the sound isn't great because i was right under her mic and directly next to a speaker that was pumping out ridiculous amounts of lindsey's guitar and lori's backup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3ZYIGeRl7A

a couple of things i noticed-the ending of SOTM, her tempo was off. she also said it hadn't been played since 1979, to which i had to correct her. she probably didn't hear me, though, so the next venue will get the same spiel lol

stevie messed up a word or two on say goodbye but it went unnoticed because she just picked up like it never happened.

during a guitar part on GDW, stevie turned her back to the audience (i love when she does that). i'm not sure if she actually SAID something, or if she did something or what, but john mouthed "wow" to her. also, she trotted off to get her hat for GYOW. when she left the stage, john kinda put his finger up in the air, and made a circling motion to indicate "there she goes again" they shouldn't really be surprised by her leaving the stage at this point.

the beginning was terrible from my vantage point. SHN, the chain, dreams and rhiannon were all basically stevie-less with random moments of lori soaring through the speakers.

someone said she didn't dedicate landslide to anyone, but i was pretty sure she dedicated to columbus. she also said "i wrote this song in 1973, it's called landslide. take it in" wtf.

oh, during silver springs, it was changed from "and did you say that she loves you?" to "and did you say that you love her?"

sara was very intense. during the "i think i had met my match" and "i stayed home at night, all the time, i'd go anywhere, anywhere, ask me and i will be there" they were singing to each other pretty intently. i'm not saying this as a shipper (although i am LOL) but i just found it interesting because she's never really admitted that song was about him, but there they were.

something else that you're not able to see on the video of without you (i videoed it, but somehow lost it as i was frantically removing stuff from my phone to get more pics/vids) but when they sing "if i never knew, the likes of you, where would i be?" stevie kinda brings her hands up and drops them like a shrug, and smiles a huge smile. that song was the highlight of the night for me. the only time i've bawled listening to a damn fleetwood mac song
Old 04-06-2013, 05:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
sara was very intense. during the "i think i had met my match" and "i stayed home at night, all the time, i'd go anywhere, anywhere, ask me and i will be there" they were singing to each other pretty intently. i'm not saying this as a shipper (although i am LOL) but i just found it interesting because she's never really admitted that song was about him, but there they were.
Sweet. And I don't want to out myself, but, um, I did the Stephenie Meyer thing hard, just not as hard as Stevie.

When Stevie goes to Lindsey's mic and he moves away and she sings and then turns back to him, he moves too. They kind of float in tandem like wheels on a Lazy Susan. It reminded me of Bella's mother Renee telling Bella that: "The way you move -- you orient yourself around him without even thinking about it. When he moves, even a little bit, you adjust your position at the same time. Like magnets . . . or gravity. You're like a . . . satellite or something. I've never seen anything like it."

That's what Stevie and Lindsey make me feel sometimes, the gravity between them and the end of Sara brought it home. Both of them very aware that we fans made the Sara hug from last tour iconic, they didn't hug this time (although they didn't initially hug for Unleashed either), but her hand on his shoulder was very powerful and when she walks away he swerves too, crouching around his guitar. It really is like a slightly wrenching goodbye between them.

Very artful.

Michele
Old 04-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Sweet. And I don't want to out myself, but, um, I did the Stephenie Meyer thing hard, just not as hard as Stevie.

When Stevie goes to Lindsey's mic and he moves away and she sings and then turns back to him, he moves too. They kind of float in tandem like wheels on a Lazy Susan. It reminded me of Bella's mother Renee telling Bella that: "The way you move -- you orient yourself around him without even thinking about it. When he moves, even a little bit, you adjust your position at the same time. Like magnets . . . or gravity. You're like a . . . satellite or something. I've never seen anything like it."

That's what Stevie and Lindsey make me feel sometimes, the gravity between them and the end of Sara brought it home. Both of them very aware that we fans made the Sara hug from last tour iconic, they didn't hug this time (although they didn't initially hug for Unleashed either), but her hand on his shoulder was very powerful and when she walks away he swerves too, crouching around his guitar. It really is like a slightly wrenching goodbye between them.

Very artful.

Michele
^^see, i couldn't really see what was going on over there. i am short and was literally right under her mic (which is why the SOTM vid didn't include lindsey) so i saw her go to his mic and sing, but didn't catch the small details
Old 04-06-2013, 06:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelle2677 View Post
^^see, i couldn't really see what was going on over there. i am short and was literally right under her mic (which is why the SOTM vid didn't include lindsey)
That is hilarious because someone here (blemlin?) asked if Lindsey was even on the stage for SOTM. But I don't think they said it just because of your video. I think it's because the guitar solo isn't there, so they might have been being a little facetious, but the idea cracked me up, as if Lindsey might have chosen that song to leave the stage and go change his costume.

Anyway, glad you were able to get the whole song and share it with us, because we only had a partial one initially. Thanks.

Michele
Old 04-06-2013, 06:50 PM
Supporting Ledgie

Not sure if anyone posted this yet... Lindsey botches the lyrics at 1:00 min in... still, nice he changed the guitar solo up slightly

Old 04-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
Not sure if anyone posted this yet... Lindsey botches the lyrics at 1:00 min in... still, nice he changed the guitar solo up slightly

Yeah it's funny hearing everyone try not to react and sorta mumble the next few words "........sun rise...." lol But yeah, Lindsey needs to keep that riff going throughout the tour and let loose, I know he's got it in him!
Old 04-06-2013, 09:36 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

Very artful.

Michele
Wow, that is really something.... thank you for sharing. They are so intense....can't wait to see them in two months...
Old 04-06-2013, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here is my videos from the show

Silver Springs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pic-a...kKDx9w&index=1

Go Your Own Way

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h5nnp...kKDx9w&index=2

Gold Dust Woman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFmJJ...kKDx9w&index=3

Never Going Back Again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhuJF...kKDx9w&index=4

Landslide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAwOi...kKDx9w&index=5

Big Love

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwtAw...kKDx9w&index=6

Not That Funny (Cuts off at end)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ1nh...kKDx9w&index=7

Sad Angel (Not full song)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qD9pt...kKDx9w&index=8
Old 04-06-2013, 10:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So my thoughts on the setlist is as follows

Second Hand News- Interesting choice for an opener but Monday Morning would have been better since it has not been overplayed.

The Chain- I like this song and while part of me thinks it is must do in the first few songs of the show another part of me wishes they would do something else

Dreams- Way overplayed and time to retire this song

Sad Angel- A great new song. I am looking forward to the studio version

Rhiannon- Doesn't do it for me anymore

Not That Funny- My least favorite song but it sounded alright and I have never heard it live before

Tusk - Needs to go. It just doesn't sound that great live anymore

Sisters of the Moon- I was glad to see them pull this one out but I was not impressed. I am chalking it up to Opening night jitters and maybe it will get better.

Sara- Always loved this song and it sounded good tonight.

Big Love- This one is always a showstopper but the novelty wore off by the SYW tour and this song either needs to be played electric with the band or retired.

Landslide- Another song that has been way overplayed and needs to be retired.

Never Going Back Again- I don't like the way he plays it these days and between the solo shows and FM shows it has been way overplayed.

Without You- I didn't care for this song but at least it was something new.

Gypsy- I like this song but something else needs to be done from Mirage.

Eyes of the World- I like this song but putting it here in this part of the set list feels strange to me. I would have either opened with it or put in the third slot.

Gold Dust Woman- Time to retire this one. I don't think this one works anymore due to her current voice.

I'm So Afraid- He always knocks this one out of the park butt again it has been way overplayed and needs to go. Tango would be better or even Murrow.

Stand Back- They have more then enough material that they do not need to do this song.

Go Your Own Way- I will give them a pass on this one as I have a hard time picking something else to close the show.

Encore:

World Turning- Overplayed and time to do something else. Perhaps Blue Letter
Don't Stop- Without Chris it just isn't the same

Silver Springs- My favorite song but the intensity is missing and this is an odd place to do this song in the setlist.

Encore 2:
Say Goodbye- I like this song and I think it works as a show closer.

Overall I had a good time but it does bother me that this is almost the exact same show we got in 2009. I wish they would change it up.

Matt
Old 04-06-2013, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Your videos came out great Matt!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for sharing these!!!

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 04-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicks Fan View Post
I have always enjoyed Al Ortiz as a wonderful man and bass player, yet there is nothing more comfortable to me than seeing John McVie playing bass behind Stevie Nicks.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottabam View Post
Your videos came out great Matt!
Yes, Matt and great sound. Michele
Old 04-06-2013, 10:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just realized that I taped 8 songs that night. That is a record. I usually do 3-5 songs depending on the setlist and the singer I was going to see.

Matt