The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 04-13-2018, 02:07 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Registered
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
"The archives" lol k sure.
The entire conversation going on here on both sides is out of line.
Yet posts about Stevie are accepted without question. You are missing my point.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-13-2018, 02:10 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Registered
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
She's not a celebrity or prominent enough to warrant having a verified account. And it is her real account, she's posted personal pictures of her with Lindsey and their children.
Anyone whose account is linked to a business that has more than 400 followers can be verified. It is not necessary to be a celebrity.

Last edited by gldstwmn : 04-13-2018 at 02:14 PM. Reason: duplicate
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-13-2018, 02:13 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Registered
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
She's not a celebrity or prominent enough to warrant having a verified account. And it is her real account, she's posted personal pictures of her with Lindsey and their children.
Anyone whose Insta links to a business can be verified. It's not necessary to be a celeb.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-13-2018, 02:49 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Anyone whose Insta links to a business can be verified. It's not necessary to be a celeb.
Maybe she feels no desire or great need to verify her mostly furniture account? For someone who's not a celeb or who doesn't have many impersonators running around it's just not that necessary. The point here is that you expressed doubt that the account (as well as her daughter's) is genuinely hers because it's not formally verified. However the personal posts prove that it is indeed her behind the account.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-13-2018, 03:08 PM
wondergirl9847's Avatar
wondergirl9847 wondergirl9847 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: The Ledge
Posts: 9,252
Exclamation Long ago...in a time gone past.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I get the sense--rightly or wrongly--that her current outlook on all-things Lindsey is distorted by the experiences of decades past.
Most of Stevie's MO is The Past. Lol Her stories and most of her songs are pretty much written...long, long ago. I am not bashing her, just saying. She is VERY nostalgic.

It's just so odd that they go through this cycle of love/hate...over and over. Confusing.
__________________
**Christy**
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-13-2018, 03:21 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Registered
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Maybe she feels no desire or great need to verify her mostly furniture account? For someone who's not a celeb or who doesn't have many impersonators running around it's just not that necessary. The point here is that you expressed doubt that the account (as well as her daughter's) is genuinely hers because it's not formally verified. However the personal posts prove that it is indeed her behind the account.
Take a look at Twitter. There are some very interesting parody accounts for her.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-13-2018, 05:14 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,009
Default

oh gawd, how many different threads is this person going to go into and start a whole "we don't know if their accounts are verified" argument? this person has done this in multiple threads already.

if you don't want to accept they are real accounts, good for you. move on.

other people follow those threads and they are real. the one that is his wife's she posts all sorts of stuff about her house, her kids, her horse, her dog, her husband. including short vid clips of her husband working in bed. I mean, come on. It's fine to ask, but when told they've been vetting over the long haul you still demand to define the proof. Believe it or not, and move on.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-13-2018, 05:15 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
No it's not. It's a non issue. You want to talk about people's sexual forays? Let's talk about Lindsey allegedly cavorting with hookers and randoms on the Say You Will Tour. Don't believe me? Read the archives.
oh dear. sigh. i could care less. it was the original poster's claim.

go troll elsewhere dear.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-13-2018, 05:50 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Take a look at Twitter. There are some very interesting parody accounts for her.
First of all there's quite a big difference between Twitter and Instagram. I'm aware there are parody accounts that are actually quite funny but extremely obviously a parody for anyone affiliated with FM and its members.
Kristen Buckingham does not have an actual public Twitter though as far as I am aware. What she uses is Instagram, and as far as I've ever seen there are no imitation accounts of her on Instagram that exist. If they ever existed she likely reported them and they were likely shut down.
Second of all you're still missing the point. YOU expressed doubt that her account on Instagram (and also Leelee's) was really her. People including myself responded to you to prove that it is, which the personal pictures and videos that shared that literally no other person could have make obvious.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-13-2018, 06:46 PM
iamnotafraid iamnotafraid is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,606
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

who denied Lindsey's problems? I've actually said I believe at some point he got physical with Stevie.
It's been awhile since I've read Mick's or CAH book.
But wasn't it said that Stevie started it? And I do
mean the physical part.

Stevie's not exactly Ronda Rousey, but if she hit him
or something similar to that first, then he had all the
right in the world to hit back.

If only Stevie's words were more reliable.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-13-2018, 06:53 PM
rhiannondontgo's Avatar
rhiannondontgo rhiannondontgo is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: drownding in the sea of love in South Jersey
Posts: 261
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think we can safely assume that Lindsey is a jerk who is a misunderstood genius. He's grown up some and hopefully treats his family well but it's abundantly clear that most of the time he's a complete d=ck to Stevie. He is thought of as "difficult" by many in the industry. He may have wanted back in on the tour but with rehearsals underway and dates to be announced soon that's impossible. HE DID THIS TO HIMSELF. So over his canonization on this board. Get a grip people.
^ This. I donít know about all Stevieís fans but I & the ones iím close with are acutely aware of the fact that she can be very difficult. If the tables were turned and FM said ďlisten, sheís too difficult so we just cannot tour anymoreĒ, I would be disappointed but I wouldnít be surprised or outraged. Sheís deeply flawed but I love her art regardless. She is both a narcisstic diva and an incredibly talented rock & roll icon IMO.
Just like Lindsey is both a jerk and a genius. I honestly donít know any hardcore LB fans in real life but it seems like the majority of the ones discussing this online are unwilling to accept that maybe he, a notoriously difficult guy, could have been complicit and played some part in the split.
Iíve said it before and Iíll say it again. I donít think thereís any one hero or villain here. Just 5 messy imperfect people who canít quite get it together.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-13-2018, 09:36 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
It's been awhile since I've read Mick's or CAH book.
But wasn't it said that Stevie started it? And I do
mean the physical part.

Stevie's not exactly Ronda Rousey, but if she hit him
or something similar to that first, then he had all the
right in the world to hit back.

If only Stevie's words were more reliable.
I mean besides the time where he left the band.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-13-2018, 09:41 PM
bombaysaffires bombaysaffires is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: West Coast
Posts: 4,009
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannondontgo View Post
^ This. I don’t know about all Stevie’s fans but I & the ones i’m close with are acutely aware of the fact that she can be very difficult. If the tables were turned and FM said “listen, she’s too difficult so we just cannot tour anymore”, I would be disappointed but I wouldn’t be surprised or outraged. She’s deeply flawed but I love her art regardless. She is both a narcisstic diva and an incredibly talented rock & roll icon IMO.
Just like Lindsey is both a jerk and a genius. I honestly don’t know any hardcore LB fans in real life but it seems like the majority of the ones discussing this online are unwilling to accept that maybe he, a notoriously difficult guy, could have been complicit and played some part in the split.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. I don’t think there’s any one hero or villain here. Just 5 messy imperfect people who can’t quite get it together.
oh, many of us very much admit he can be an a**hole, and that he has behaved unacceptably in the past. and wouldn't blame Stevie for never forgetting it. I think he for sure made her life hell for a long, long time. I've been a huge Stevie fan since the 70s.

I think you might have missed the part where many, many of us have continually said, "something is missing from this story" as it has been told so far. The facts don't add up.

However, the credible sources who first told various people who've posted on here that this was coming (and then it came, just as they said it would) have also said that Stevie did in fact issue a "it's me or him" ultimatum. As all their facts have played out accurately so far, it seems reasonable to think they are being truthful about that point too.

So it leaves this gaping hole in our understanding of WTF would have happened to have triggered that kind of ultimatum at THIS point in time, after they have continued working together for 30-40 years after all the abuse and etc.

People are speculating, because it's been told from credible sources that she was the one who forced a choice.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-13-2018, 09:52 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Registered
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,440
Default

From what I've read today it seems like Lindsey wanted to do a solo tour on Fleetwood Mac's off days. If any ultimatum was delivered I'd guess that it was one that was delivered by LB to FM. Let me do my solo thing or else. FM chose or else.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-13-2018, 09:54 PM
dreamsunwind dreamsunwind is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 602
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
oh, many of us very much admit he can be an a**hole, and that he has behaved unacceptably in the past. and wouldn't blame Stevie for never forgetting it. I think he for sure made her life hell for a long, long time. I've been a huge Stevie fan since the 70s.

I think you might have missed the part where many, many of us have continually said, "something is missing from this story" as it has been told so far. The facts don't add up.

However, the credible sources who first told various people who've posted on here that this was coming (and then it came, just as they said it would) have also said that Stevie did in fact issue a "it's me or him" ultimatum. As all their facts have played out accurately so far, it seems reasonable to think they are being truthful about that point too.

So it leaves this gaping hole in our understanding of WTF would have happened to have triggered that kind of ultimatum at THIS point in time, after they have continued working together for 30-40 years after all the abuse and etc.

People are speculating, because it's been told from credible sources that she was the one who forced a choice.
I really think that, while not forgotten, what happened in the 70s and 80s is in a totally different realm from today. Everyone made everyone's life hell back in those days. Lindsey was an asshole, Stevie was a diva, John was a drunk, Mick was a mess, Christine was annoyed at everyone. That's just how it was.
What happened now I whole heartedly believe is a business/scheduling issue that really went south. I don't think anything triggered anything. At this point in their lives I think they just want to make their money in the easiest way possible and Lindsey's wishes for his solo project was just the straw that broke the camel's back.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo picture1986 Press Photo Billy Burnette, recording artist for MCA Records. - nop11855
$18.88
1986 Press Photo Billy Burnette, recording artist for MCA Records. - nop11855 pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$15.88
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo
$11.91
1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved