The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: Who’s going to “on with the Faux”
Yes 34 31.48%
No 58 53.70%
Don’t know 16 14.81%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #46  
Old 04-15-2018, 10:11 AM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,578
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I predict a new FM album with the new lineup after the tour.
I agree. The temptation to rub THAT in Lindsey’s face will be just too great.
__________________
Find out more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 04-15-2018, 10:48 AM
NotonRodeo's Avatar
NotonRodeo NotonRodeo is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 117
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I agree. The temptation to rub THAT in Lindsey’s face will be just too great.
Then Lindsey will have the last laugh when he realizes he is listening to Time II They can put that penguin on FB on the cover.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 04-15-2018, 11:01 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Yeah, but the thing is he was fired, not her. And he was fired because of her. They should have both been fired, but that's never gonna happen. So as it is now, it's unfair.
so true.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 04-15-2018, 11:05 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Even it it was all Stevie being "it's him or me," why would the rest of the band be "Forget it, it's both of you"? .
we are just following your argument. that's the logical conclusion - if their dynamic, airing of which brought them all that huge success in the first place, has become too disruptive for any semblance of a work dynamic in the band, then firing both would make sense.

that's what you are arguing for, but then you somehow conclude that firing Lindsey is good enough.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 04-15-2018, 11:40 AM
BLY BLY is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Posts: 1,064
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I predict a new FM album with the new lineup after the tour.

Not going to happen.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 04-15-2018, 11:45 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLY View Post
Not going to happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
I agree. The temptation to rub THAT in Lindsey’s face will be just too great.
i think TrueFaith is so right! if they can they'll try to make it happen.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:06 PM
Ench Ench is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 120
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
I predict a new FM album with the new lineup after the tour.
Unlike others (not mitzo), I don't think that FM is behaving like a two year old and doing things just out of spite.

However, in both Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, they have taken on people who could play a major songwriting role in a new album. Campbell has written quite a number of songs with Stevie, and Finn has a very good reputation as a songwriter. Then there's Christine of course.

Dave Stewart might be a good fit in the producer's chair.

If they did want to record another album, then they're much better set for that, in my opinion, than they were in 1987-1990.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:11 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Unlike others (not mitzo), I don't think that FM is behaving like a two year old and doing things just out of spite.

However, in both Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, they have taken on people who could play a major songwriting role in a new album. Campbell has written quite a number of songs with Stevie, and Finn has a very good reputation as a songwriter. Then there's Christine of course.

Dave Stewart might be a good fit in the producer's chair.

If they did want to record another album, then they're much better set for that, in my opinion, than they were in 1987-1990.
that's exactly all correct what you are saying. it all fits. and it also fits nicely in sticking it to LB while having all long-time SN collaborators run the show.

they are behaving like 2 year olds. they always did. that's been the allure of this band.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:40 PM
TrueFaith77's Avatar
TrueFaith77 TrueFaith77 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: New York City!
Posts: 4,578
Default

Ok, if they play Woman of a 1000 Years, I’ll go.
__________________
Find out more about my books: The Community of Desire: Selected Critical Writings (2001-2007) & Serpents and Doves <---Fleetwood Mac content!!! & my NEW book Watch the Throne
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 04-15-2018, 12:49 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 3,882
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ench View Post
Unlike others (not mitzo), I don't think that FM is behaving like a two year old and doing things just out of spite.

However, in both Mike Campbell and Neil Finn, they have taken on people who could play a major songwriting role in a new album. Campbell has written quite a number of songs with Stevie, and Finn has a very good reputation as a songwriter. Then there's Christine of course.

Dave Stewart might be a good fit in the producer's chair.

If they did want to record another album, then they're much better set for that, in my opinion, than they were in 1987-1990.
Telling Mike Campbell he'd have an opportunity to write songs for a Fleetwood Mac album and that he wasn't just being asked to be a glorified touring musician would have made the gig far more enticing to him.

If all the music was written for her by Campbell and she could just overlay her poems about her mother's death and her feelings about Tom etc., plus some old demos to fill it out, I could see Stevie wanting to do it, knowing how it would hurt Lindsey.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 04-15-2018, 01:00 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 976
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryLiz2 View Post
Exactly. While I still believe it's speculation that Lindsey was fired because of Stevie's wishes. There are four people still left in the band, and after putting up with the awkward dynamic between themselves for the better part of four decades to think that three of the four remaining members bowed to the whims of just one is a stretch for me. Regadless, I don't know why firing both would be necessary or that when it comes to the business decisions of five aging millionaires the reasoning needs to be "fair."

Even it it was all Stevie being "it's him or me," why would the rest of the band be "Forget it, it's both of you"? Regardless of anyone on this board's personal feelings on the matter, Stevie has been and remains the biggest draw for the band among the general concert-going public. If it all comes down to money, the band isn't going to toss the biggest contributor to the bottom line. Beyond the financial aspect, there's no denying that Mick gets along with Stevie better on a personal level. Whatever posters here may think of Stevie and her diva-ness, evidence suggests that within the context of the band Lindsey has historically been the outsider. I mean, she and Mick are always showing up at things together and John has said any number of things over the years suggesting he gets along well and easily with her. Even allowing for Christine's opinion to be neutral on who she prefers to spend her remaining years on the road with, Stevie is edging Lindsey in an intra-band popularity contest.

Honestly, I'm only surprised it took this long for someone to get fired from this petty, mixed-up band. And while I'm inclined to think the problem may have started with a touring disagreement that escalated into a clash of personalities that couldn't stand to be together any longer...I really am not at all surprised that if one person is out, that person is Lindsey.

From both a financial and a personal aspect, if one was going to be out...it seems like Lindsey was always going to be that one.
Hmmm, I guess you need a valid reason to fire someone. A fair reason. If not, then yes, they're all bowing to the whims of one band member.

So, Lindsey was fired because he's an outsider and Stevie is more popular? After 43 years that's a valid reason to fire someone?

Yes, please, Lindey, go away. You're socially awkward and financially useless.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 04-15-2018, 02:13 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 121
Default

I’m there. I was sad/disappointed the day I heard the news but now dealing with real life issues like my mother passing away, and it has put things in perspective. I really think all 5 of the members act like babies and have for years, but life goes on. Karma is a bitch and I have little sympathy for Lindsey. Though I am amused / confused because weren’t so many people here already going to boycott the next tour anyway because it was going to be another cash grab?
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 04-15-2018, 02:21 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,332
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Though I am amused / confused because weren’t so many people here already going to boycott the next tour anyway because it was going to be another cash grab?
yup. i for one said that. (i also said it before the On With the Show tour, and i ended up seeing 7 shows )

but, from the first moment i heard of the possibility of the concurrent LB solo tour, i had no reason to go see FM anymore (unless he would do like all his Tusk songs with FM or something fantastic like that!). i was just gonna go see DC show and then follow his solo tour.

now of course, i have no reason whatsoever to go see the Mac tour. i love Chris, but not that much. she should have walked when Lindsey was fired.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 04-15-2018, 02:38 PM
StevieandChris StevieandChris is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yup. i for one said that. (i also said it before the On With the Show tour, and i ended up seeing 7 shows )

but, from the first moment i heard of the possibility of the concurrent LB solo tour, i had no reason to go see FM anymore (unless he would do like all his Tusk songs with FM or something fantastic like that!). i was just gonna go see DC show and then follow his solo tour.

now of course, i have no reason whatsoever to go see the Mac tour. i love Chris, but not that much. she should have walked when Lindsey was fired.
Christine must believe it was the right decision, like the other remaining members. Only they truly know what went down. We just know the end result.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 04-15-2018, 02:49 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Telling Mike Campbell he'd have an opportunity to write songs for a Fleetwood Mac album and that he wasn't just being asked to be a glorified touring musician would have made the gig far more enticing to him.

If all the music was written for her by Campbell and she could just overlay her poems about her mother's death and her feelings about Tom etc., plus some old demos to fill it out, I could see Stevie wanting to do it, knowing how it would hurt Lindsey.

On reflection I can see an album coming out at some point. The big plus for this lineup is the songwriting. There are now 4 renowned songwriters in the band. It has generally been Lindsey who has elongated the recording process so knowing Stevie did a quick rush-job on her last album I wonder if they'll be tempted to rush-through some sort of release?
btw, I believe the producer for Crowded House is....Mitchell Froom.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

LLADRO Disney PETER PAN 01009328 Green 9328 NEW IN BOX
$749.0
LLADRO Disney PETER PAN 01009328 Green  9328 NEW IN BOX  picturePeter Max, Green Sauce Pan
$650.0
Peter Max, Green Sauce Pan pictureLLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH
$589.98
LLADRO DISNEY PETER PAN BRAND NEW IN BOX #9328 LARGE GREEN COAT SAVE$ F/SH picture8" Apple Green Loon by Peter Kakee Inuit Carving Eskimo soapstone art sculpture
$451.96
8Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock
$375.0
Peter Max, Clock (Green with Orange Daisies), General Electric Clock picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved