The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 04-12-2018, 07:47 AM
Tango Tango is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 1,914
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I suppose most people here have seen it, but anyway--on Mick's Twitter page on Mar 29 he posted a fairly recent pic of him and Christine with a caption about old friends being gold or something. In hindsight that may have been his way of expressing gratitude to Christine and of signaling to everybody, presumably including Lindsey, where her loyalties lay. Sadly that post says it all.
I disagree with you and the iamsoafraid in that both posts are using faulty logic. iamsoafraid offers up faulty dilemmas as part of his reasoning. "It MUST be this or that," when in fact there are other possibilities that we may not know about. In your post you say that "MAY" have been his way of expressing graditutde, "PRESUMABLY" including . . . . and then you add, "that post says it all," when in fact you make it clear that nothing is certain about even a picture and caption.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-12-2018, 07:47 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
I suppose most people here have seen it, but anyway--on Mick's Twitter page on Mar 29 he posted a fairly recent pic of him and Christine with a caption about old friends being gold or something. In hindsight that may have been his way of expressing gratitude to Christine and of signaling to everybody, presumably including Lindsey, where her loyalties lay. Sadly that post says it all.

My copy of the BuckVie CD is going the way of my FM CDs to the used CD shop. I am probably the only one in my country to have a copy
I'm afraid you're reading too much into it, apart from the fact that Mick's (and Christine's too for that matter) profile surely is not being run by him in person, it consist at 99,9% of posts made by getty images pictures with generic captions like this one that I personally have seen half a dozen of times since I've started following him a year and a half ago, referring to Peter, John and Christine (and I think also Jeremy) in turn; they probably never look at their own social media profile, much less that of each other (and their ridiculously lacking and outdated marketing strategies should tell you that).
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:23 AM
NotonRodeo's Avatar
NotonRodeo NotonRodeo is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 190
Default

By this logic then Leelee Buckingham's post on IG about her father has nothing to do with his firing. The Penguin with the red background on FB is just in my imagination, and really nothing is going on, since the Penguin isn't saying anything. QED!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-12-2018, 08:48 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
No no. All 4 are to blame and Christine breaks my heart the most. She just said she loves Lindsey like a brother during one of her interviews on the Buck/Vie tour. They love to play together and enjoy each other so much. Christine mouths almost every word that Lindsey sings. The betrayal of her shocks me.
I know you are smart. The Stevie/Lindsey saga has went on for 40 years. What I don't get is how so many paint Stevie as some victim. She is one of the most power women in rock and has one of the most successful careers in the music industry. She is NOT a helpless victim that so many make her out to be. Stevie refused to join Fleetwood Mac in the studio and made up fairy tales that I know you are smart enough to not believe. She does not get along with Lindsey and vice versa. There is no doubt in my mind Stevie threw down the gauntlet and said I will not tour with Lindsey. She made up a story about not recording with Lindsey but she cant use that same story about not selling tickets because everyone knows the tour will sell tickets. Several months ago Lindsey was the MOST optimistic about Fleetwood Mac's future saying there were many more tours coming. Mick was not so sure but Lindsey did not want to call it quits. The same Stevie that refused to come into the studio with Lindsey also refused to go on the road with Lindsey. Yes they fight and they both do unfair stuff to each other. If the Mac fired Stevie over Lindsey my point would be exactly the same. I am not the one with the double standard. This is wrong and it needs to be called out. Christine is gutless just like she was with Bob Welch. She betrayed her musical mentor and dream guitarist. I mention Mick and Stevie because I expect this from them the most. I don't get it when you say there is lots we don't know. Really? Stevie lied to get out of recording with Fleetwood Mac. She kept extending her tour to not deal with it. Then she went on vacation for 3 months. The SAME reason she did what she did about the album is the SAME reason she did this with the tour. There is no mystery here.
I blame all of them. Christine should have left the band the moment they decided to fire Lindsey. But she didn't. So I blame her too.

But Mick and Stevie had been plotting his firing since Musicares. Maybe even before that. The big fight between Lindsey and Stevie took place at Musicares. It was a stupid fight over a stupid thing, but we all know Stevie knows how to push Lindsey's buttons. And she gave Mick an ultimatum. I can't understand poeople saying we still don't know what happened. Yes, we know what happened, and that's why we blame them. End of the story.

I understand it's a hard pill to swallow for Stevie's fans, but even his own family are supporting Stevie's bashing, so what else is there to say?
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.

Last edited by button-lip : 04-12-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-12-2018, 09:20 AM
SisterNightroad's Avatar
SisterNightroad SisterNightroad is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Italy
Posts: 5,200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotonRodeo View Post
By this logic then Leelee Buckingham's post on IG about her father has nothing to do with his firing. The Penguin with the red background on FB is just in my imagination, and really nothing is going on, since the Penguin isn't saying anything. QED!
I'm not sure about what you mean, obviously we can be approximately sure that Leelee manages her own profile by herself since she's Lindsey's daughter and not a public person.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-12-2018, 02:02 PM
Angel75 Angel75 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 408
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

But Mick and Stevie had been plotting his firing since Musicares. Maybe even before that. The big fight between Lindsey and Stevie took place at Musicares. It was a stupid fight over a stupid thing, but we all know Stevie knows how to push Lindsey's buttons. And she gave Mick an ultimatum. I can't understand poeople saying we still don't know what happened. Yes, we know what happened, and that's why we blame them. End of the story.

I understand it's a hard pill to swallow for Stevie's fans, but even his own family are supporting Stevie's bashing, so what else is there to say?
Do we know this to be certain now. That the fight happened on that night? What was it about?
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-12-2018, 03:02 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 1,264
Default

Lindsey's own daughter is supporting the Stevie bashing? Gosh, I'm so shocked- the rumours Stevie masterminded this plan to fire Lindsey for the last 40 years really must be true, then! I'm simply stunned that Lindsey's own daughter is supporting him! I mean, who would have ever seen that coming? But I'm still not convinced Lindsey is in the right- not until I hear from Lindsey's wife and son! Surely the fact that they haven't said anything to support Lindsey means they sided with Christine, John, Mick, and Stevie, right?

Folks, please keep it real here. Yes, Lindsey's daughter supports her father's side of this. I'm sure his entire family does. And I'm sure John's wife supports his side of this. And Mick's wife supports his side of this. Seeing people say "look, it must be true, Lindsey's daughter liked a comment that said we love Lindsey" is embarrassing when they try to say this somehow proves something. She liked the comment because she loves her father and appreciated that other people are also expressing their love for him. Many fans are mad he was fired, and she's mad, too.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-12-2018, 04:35 PM
secondhandchain's Avatar
secondhandchain secondhandchain is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 1,327
Default

It IS a hard pill for SN fans to swallow but SHE has changed the last few years. Gotten bitter and wallows in the adulation. I know people say I always bash her, but you have to remember i was the BIGGEST fan of hers ever. But when someone starts acting in a manner that is embarrassingly ungrateful, I BAIL. And Bail I did.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-12-2018, 05:51 PM
MaryLiz2 MaryLiz2 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 56
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsey's own daughter is supporting the Stevie bashing? Gosh, I'm so shocked- the rumours Stevie masterminded this plan to fire Lindsey for the last 40 years really must be true, then! I'm simply stunned that Lindsey's own daughter is supporting him! I mean, who would have ever seen that coming? But I'm still not convinced Lindsey is in the right- not until I hear from Lindsey's wife and son! Surely the fact that they haven't said anything to support Lindsey means they sided with Christine, John, Mick, and Stevie, right?

Folks, please keep it real here. Yes, Lindsey's daughter supports her father's side of this. I'm sure his entire family does. And I'm sure John's wife supports his side of this. And Mick's wife supports his side of this. Seeing people say "look, it must be true, Lindsey's daughter liked a comment that said we love Lindsey" is embarrassing when they try to say this somehow proves something. She liked the comment because she loves her father and appreciated that other people are also expressing their love for him. Many fans are mad he was fired, and she's mad, too.
Hahahaha, Stevie playing the real looooooooong game on that one. Way to be patient, Ms. Nicks. Way to be patient.

I mean, real legitimate music and celebrity media outlets aren't consistent in saying whether he was fired or walked. Even if I think it likely that he was fired/asked to leave/told "thanks no thanks", I don't think I've seen actual press reporting (not family members or "this dude that knows Tom Petty") as to the reasons. Someone point me in the direction of actual media reporting where Stevie gave some ultimatum.

And of course Lindsey's family will support his side. Someone ask Lori Nicks who was in the wrong.

Fleetwood Mac is/was made up of five divas (or maybe three divas, a half-diva and John). Drama has long been the name of the game. Honestly nothing that comes out to explain this split will surprise me...but there's a whole lot of info being tossed around as fact that I haven't see actually reported as such.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-12-2018, 05:58 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Lindsey's own daughter is supporting the Stevie bashing? Gosh, I'm so shocked- the rumours Stevie masterminded this plan to fire Lindsey for the last 40 years really must be true, then! I'm simply stunned that Lindsey's own daughter is supporting him! I mean, who would have ever seen that coming? But I'm still not convinced Lindsey is in the right- not until I hear from Lindsey's wife and son! Surely the fact that they haven't said anything to support Lindsey means they sided with Christine, John, Mick, and Stevie, right?

Folks, please keep it real here. Yes, Lindsey's daughter supports her father's side of this. I'm sure his entire family does. And I'm sure John's wife supports his side of this. And Mick's wife supports his side of this. Seeing people say "look, it must be true, Lindsey's daughter liked a comment that said we love Lindsey" is embarrassing when they try to say this somehow proves something. She liked the comment because she loves her father and appreciated that other people are also expressing their love for him. Many fans are mad he was fired, and she's mad, too.
Noone said Stevie masterminded anything for the past 40 years, but whatever. One thing is to like every nice comment about your dad. But when you like every comment that bashes Stevie..... she doesn't need to do that, and yet she's still doing it. What? That means that she loves Stevie. Not at all. She's really appreciating all the Stevie hate.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 04-12-2018, 06:27 PM
pennylane pennylane is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
or out-voted.
Exactly! She may be contractually obligated to do this tour...She's been talking forever about how they all "signed on the dotted line."
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 04-12-2018, 11:28 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Noone said Stevie masterminded anything for the past 40 years, but whatever. One thing is to like every nice comment about your dad. But when you like every comment that bashes Stevie..... she doesn't need to do that, and yet she's still doing it. What? That means that she loves Stevie. Not at all. She's really appreciating all the Stevie hate.
Are these accounts verified? Is it a parody account?
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 04-13-2018, 09:47 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 1,582
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Are these accounts verified? Is it a parody account?
Every Buckingham account is verified. What, you think someone stole family pictures, created a fake account, posted them and is posing as Leelee?

All the Stevie hate posts she liked are from FM fans that are usually here, on Twitter, FB, anywhere. People with lives and beautiful pictures of their families and friends. Noone created fake accounts just to leave Stevie hate comments on Leelee's IG.

The hate is real. No need to fake it. Take a look at Mick's IG account. It's there.
__________________
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
- Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 04-13-2018, 11:55 AM
SorcererJP SorcererJP is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Dordrecht, The Netherlands
Posts: 412
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4136 View Post
Or has that song had it's final concert performance?
They did It on the Tango, Mask en Time-tours ... so why not?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 04-13-2018, 12:58 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 18,750
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Every Buckingham account is verified. What, you think someone stole family pictures, created a fake account, posted them and is posing as Leelee?

All the Stevie hate posts she liked are from FM fans that are usually here, on Twitter, FB, anywhere. People with lives and beautiful pictures of their families and friends. Noone created fake accounts just to leave Stevie hate comments on Leelee's IG.

The hate is real. No need to fake it. Take a look at Mick's IG account. It's there.
Actually they're not verified. Mick's is. The rest are not. Anyone can post pictures.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$207.14
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$93.21
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved