The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #166  
Old 04-16-2018, 11:54 PM
bobwelchera bobwelchera is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 87
Default

My goodness.

There is so much negativity here. It's like everyone lost a best friend, then their brother, then it rained for a month.

I'm sad Lindsey won't be a part of it, for sure. I even am teaching myself guitar with a style inspired from his playing. But I'm not angry. That's a lot of wasted energy. The band will go on for this tour, and who knows? Maybe they actually put together an album. I'm game to give them a shot.

Behind The Mask had some good tunes, although Do You Know and The Second Time were the cheesiest and weakest tunes on there, respectively. I do wish As Long As You Follow, No Questions Asked, Paper Doll, Heart of Stone, and Love Shines all found their way on there - even just As Long As You Follow replacing Do You Know and Paper Doll replacing The Second Time would've made that album a lot better. (Paper Doll would've been the needed energy to close out the album too.)

Everyone hates on Time soooo much. Yeah, it felt a bit strange (foreshadowing) not to have Lindsey or Stevie present for the first time since Heroes, and These Strange Times should've been cut (maybe All Over Again too, though it is sweet). Nights In Estoril actually would've been the better closer. But in my long-held opinion, there actually are strong songs on there, and had it been promoted as a country/AOR album in '93 instead of '95, it would've been more successful. Talkin' To My Heart has Top 40 on the country charts written all over it. As does Blow By Blow (which seems to receive the most angst from Time on here for some reason), and Winds of Change.

At any rate, I actually am intrigued by Neil and Mike being in the band - how will Christine and Stevie sound harmonizing with Neil? Does the band open with Everywhere (with Christine's voice at its freshest for the night), Little Lies, or even Rhiannon? Maybe Neil sings Hypnotized? His voice is high enough to sound closer to Lindsey's original vocal on The Chain, so that should be interesting. I could see Spare Me A Little of Your Love making an appearance now. It also wouldn't surprise me if they play one new song, which would be welcomed on my end.

If you don't want to support the band now, I get it, and maybe there are enough folks who feel that way, and that'll make floor seats affordable. But we have decades of music and performances with Lindsey in the band, and those aren't going away.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:54 PM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 351
Default

Idon't know, it's just while I'm by no means a Lindsey fan, I have to respect him for all his work in the last decades, after Christine left, he hold the band together, musically and with his energy on stage. And who will replace him in his way to energize the whole band? I feel that FM is now Stevies background band, throw in some catchy Christine songs. And I'm so disappointed about the lack of information/interviews/statements from the band. And the most important for me: What is Christines point of view? I want to know where she stands in this mess. Is she stabbing Lindsey in the bakc, or did something happen that made her change her only recently very good) opinion about him?
In the end, it doesn't matter, since I will probably not see the band again. Since 1990 I went to every germany tour at least once and I only ONCE managed to see all Five Fireflies together, in 2015. I will not deminish the memory of that day for the current incarnation, this is just not my band anymore.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 04-17-2018, 01:58 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Idon't know, it's just while I'm by no means a Lindsey fan, I have to respect him for all his work in the last decades, after Christine left, he hold the band together, musically and with his energy on stage. And who will replace him in his way to energize the whole band? I feel that FM is now Stevies background band, throw in some catchy Christine songs. And I'm so disappointed about the lack of information/interviews/statements from the band. And the most important for me: What is Christines point of view? I want to know where she stands in this mess. Is she stabbing Lindsey in the bakc, or did something happen that made her change her only recently very good) opinion about him?
In the end, it doesn't matter, since I will probably not see the band again. Since 1990 I went to every germany tour at least once and I only ONCE managed to see all Five Fireflies together, in 2015. I will not deminish the memory of that day for the current incarnation, this is just not my band anymore.
band is working hard paying various magazines and papers to push the story of "parting ways" (vs firing which is the truth - that LB wants out) plus surrounding smearing campaign against LB. they got some tickets to sell!
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 04-17-2018, 02:19 PM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 351
Default

^^^ I want them interviewed, want them to explain themselves. To tell me, why they are okay with no studio album, why the band is still called Fleetwood Mac when Christine or Lindsey are out, but not, when Stevie does not participate, why Lindsey is out right after Mike Campbell needs a new job. And why the heck I should take them serious after such a stunt.
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 04-17-2018, 02:41 PM
UnwindedDreams UnwindedDreams is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NJ/DC
Posts: 2,720
Default

My natural reasoning guided me to ask this question in this thread. Neale and Brett will most likely tour with this new FM lineup during the upcoming tour, right?

I don't know if these gentlemen are in a financial position to leave the FM Touring Band (Sharon, Stevvi, Lori, and Mick's support percussionist). I enjoyed watching Neale and Brett in Lindsey's touring band.
__________________
-John-
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 04-17-2018, 03:01 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
band is working hard paying various magazines and papers to push the story of "parting ways" (vs firing which is the truth - that LB wants out) plus surrounding smearing campaign against LB. they got some tickets to sell!
Does it behoove them to smear him though? Devils advocate here, nothing more. The all look so incredibly immature here, that there really is no upside to a smear campaign, and it could hurt them more in the case of a lawsuit. No idea if there is one looming but if contracts were signed.....then you have CAH crawling out of the woodwork looking to sell more books. I also have not read anything new thatís particularly damaging to LB. I think bringing up passed theories about his behavior is ridiculous and an excuse to sell papers. IIRC, Stevie has never said anything beyond heís difficult to work with (I am sure none of them are a walk in the park to work with). The biography about here was rubbish(even got her bd wrong)and sheís even acknowledged the fight in Christineís driveway wasnít her finest moment either. The remaining 4 are going to need to go out and do press for this. There are going to be so many clauses around what interviewers can and canít ask, the most we are going to get is what their favorite colors are. I am not a Stevie fan or a Lindsey fan. I love them both and am ultimately a fan of the band. Thatís why this entire episode is so disheartening
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 04-17-2018, 03:10 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
Does it behoove them to smear him though? Devils advocate here, nothing more. The all look so incredibly immature here, that there really is no upside to a smear campaign, and it could hurt them more in the case of a lawsuit. No idea if there is one looming but if contracts were signed.....then you have CAH crawling out of the woodwork looking to sell more books. I also have not read anything new thatís particularly damaging to LB.
i have no idea how all this works. i was just told by a fellow fan (who is not a lb fan actually, but is in music publishing) that it's a standard practice in music business these days to send prepped statements and articles to various publications, and that there is a price list for that.

i think Carol's statement from the other day was very classy and it would be nice to leave her out of this. her statement almost sounded like somebody contacted her and asked her to throw LB under the bus, and she decided to not do that, while still staying truthful. so i have nothing but respect for her.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 04-17-2018, 03:15 PM
Storms123 Storms123 is offline
Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i have no idea how all this works. i was just told by a fellow fan (who is not a lb fan actually, but is in music publishing) that it's a standard practice in music business these days to send prepped statements and articles to various publications, and that there is a price list for that.

i think Carol's statement from the other day was very classy and it would be nice to leave her out of this. her statement almost sounded like somebody contacted her and asked her to throw LB under the bus, and she decided to not do that, while still staying truthful. so i have nothing but respect for her.
The statements are definitely prepped, could not agree more. Hopefully we get a little more substance out of the 5 of them at some point. Will go a long way to ending a lot of the speculation.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 04-17-2018, 03:22 PM
secondhandchain secondhandchain is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: LOS ANGELES, CA
Posts: 983
Default

If ANYONE else is out, it is STILL called Fleetwood Mac, but when the one who rides broom, takes selfies and has never had plastic surgery (she just looks great because "she stopped going in the sun at 30"...YEAH RIGHT) isn't involved, we can't call it Fleetwood Mac. There is a reason that my admiration from Tambourine lady has gone from a 100 to a 3 in two years.
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 04-17-2018, 03:48 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnwindedDreams View Post
My natural reasoning guided me to ask this question in this thread. Neale and Brett will most likely tour with this new FM lineup during the upcoming tour, right?

I don't know if these gentlemen are in a financial position to leave the FM Touring Band (Sharon, Stevvi, Lori, and Mick's support percussionist). I enjoyed watching Neale and Brett in Lindsey's touring band.

I wonder whether they'll need Neale. On the Shake the Cage Tour and Behind the Mask tour they only had Rick and Billy. Now they have Mike and Neil will they still go for a third guitarist? Having said that, Neil Finn is an accomplished keyboard player- do they even need Brett? Not wanting to talk them out of a job but I wonder if they need both of them. Otherwise, might Stevie want to bring Carlos back in?
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 04-17-2018, 04:04 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 922
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
If ANYONE else is out, it is STILL called Fleetwood Mac, but when the one who rides broom, takes selfies and has never had plastic surgery (she just looks great because "she stopped going in the sun at 30"...YEAH RIGHT) isn't involved, we can't call it Fleetwood Mac. There is a reason that my admiration from Tambourine lady has gone from a 100 to a 3 in two years.
In all the interviews I read with Lindsey for the Buckingham McVie album, he denied it was supposed to have been a FM album EVERY TIME. So either he was lying or it was never meant to be a FM album.

I think Lindsey was totally lying about it. It was supposed to be a FM album, and they kept hoping Stevie would give in and record a song or two they could slap on the album but she refused to do so, and the record label insisted it not be called a FM album.
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 04-17-2018, 04:08 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,416
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all the interviews I read with Lindsey for the Buckingham McVie album, he denied it was supposed to have been a FM album EVERY TIME. So either he was lying or it was never meant to be a FM album.

I think Lindsey was totally lying about it. It was supposed to be a FM album, and they kept hoping Stevie would give in and record a song or two they could slap on the album but she refused to do so, and the record label insisted it not be called a FM album.
Yes. It was supposed to be a Fleetwood Mac album, of course. Lindsey spoke an alternative truth
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 04-17-2018, 04:26 PM
aleuzzi's Avatar
aleuzzi aleuzzi is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 3,741
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all the interviews I read with Lindsey for the Buckingham McVie album, he denied it was supposed to have been a FM album EVERY TIME. So either he was lying or it was never meant to be a FM album.

I think Lindsey was totally lying about it. It was supposed to be a FM album, and they kept hoping Stevie would give in and record a song or two they could slap on the album but she refused to do so, and the record label insisted it not be called a FM album.
Originally, in May 2015, when Christine and Lindsey's collaborations were reported in Billboard and then in Rolling Stone, the language was that the participating four hoped this would be a FM album. However, even from the start there was the caveat that "in one way or another" the new music would come to light. So, I'm guessing the band already knew it would only be a FM album if Stevie participated. If she didn't they wouldn't (couldn't?) call it Fleetwood Mac. This has angered a lot of people, myself included, in no small part because it has prioritized the participation of one member over all others, a member whose actual knowledge of music and ability to shape musical direction is decidedly less than the others. In the words of one of my friends, "Fleetwood Mac is not a going concern without Stevie Nicks." I hate this statement but it is, alas, true for the overwhelming majority of the public. Even when Christine or Lindsey hit it out of the park, Stevie gets some credit. Another friend repeatedly tells me her favorite FM song is "Little Lies" because "Stevie Nicks sings it so well." Well, either my friend is talking about one phrase repeated three or four times in the song or she assumes all singing, no matter what it sounds like, is done by Stevie. Ridiculous. Sad, but true: for most people, Stevie is the epitome of the group. When I enthuse about the LB/CM album, some friends say, "it was boring" (really? more boring than Say You Will? I loved Say You Will but if either is going to be boring THAT would qualify a little more); other friends say, "I'm mad they did the album without Stevie" even when they KNOW Stevie REFUSED to participate.

I ramble.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 04-17-2018, 04:31 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 9,336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
In all the interviews I read with Lindsey for the Buckingham McVie album, he denied it was supposed to have been a FM album EVERY TIME. So either he was lying or it was never meant to be a FM album.

I think Lindsey was totally lying about it. It was supposed to be a FM album, and they kept hoping Stevie would give in and record a song or two they could slap on the album but she refused to do so, and the record label insisted it not be called a FM album.
you know better than that, as you said in your second paragraph. read his and Chris' and Mick's interviews BEFORE the album became BuckVie.

he was covering for Stevie and Mick, to appease Stevie. i wonder if he regrets it now?

oh, i don't think it was record label. it was Mick. he wanted his cashcow. hope it blows up in his face.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 04-17-2018, 04:34 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,898
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Originally, in May 2015, when Christine and Lindsey's collaborations were reported in Billboard and then in Rolling Stone, the language was that the participating four hoped this would be a FM album. However, even from the start there was the caveat that "in one way or another" the new music would come to light. So, I'm guessing the band already knew it would only be a FM album if Stevie participated. If she didn't they wouldn't (couldn't?) call it Fleetwood Mac. This has angered a lot of people, myself included, in no small part because it has prioritized the participation of one member over all others, a member whose actual knowledge of music and ability to shape musical direction is decidedly less than the others. In the words of one of my friends, "Fleetwood Mac is not a going concern without Stevie Nicks." I hate this statement but it is, alas, true for the overwhelming majority of the public. Even when Christine or Lindsey hit it out of the park, Stevie gets some credit. Another friend repeatedly tells me her favorite FM song is "Little Lies" because "Stevie Nicks sings it so well." Well, either my friend is talking about one phrase repeated three or four times in the song or she assumes all singing, no matter what it sounds like, is done by Stevie. Ridiculous. Sad, but true: for most people, Stevie is the epitome of the group. When I enthuse about the LB/CM album, some friends say, "it was boring" (really? more boring than Say You Will? I loved Say You Will but if either is going to be boring THAT would qualify a little more); other friends say, "I'm mad they did the album without Stevie" even when they KNOW Stevie REFUSED to participate.

I ramble.
This cracks me up so much. It explains the behavior of most chiffons.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump




All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved