Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-11-2018, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Is she really being insulted as a woman? I didn’t see it anywhere but maybe I’m staying in just more positive groups.

Most groups jump on others if they even remotely mentioned the story that was told by that Petty insider- it’s him or me. It never even gets to name calling.

If anything, you can describe the power grab as a textbook business MAN tactics- you get enough power, you squeeze the person that stands in your way out.
Yes, I'm referring mostly to things I've seen yesterday on Facebook, and I'm somewhat surprised that The Ledge seems to be taking the shocking news slightly better than I initially expected.

Yes, the concept of aggressive power play in the work environment is traditionally viewed as masculine as usually women are thought to lean more towards diplomacy, but these are obviously just stereotypes, we all surely know both lots of assertive women and diplomatic men.
Old 04-11-2018, 05:10 PM
Registered
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
If the threads were simply about Stevie's person I wouldn't have any problem letting them stay there but since the discussions evidently intended to start heavy political dissertations then it belongs here.
I'm curious about how I would be enabling what?
No thanks I'm good. I'd like a seperate thread instead of being shuffled into some dusty old corner, which is exactly what been done to #metoo victims, Cosby victims, etc. How ironic.
Edited to add: I do have a question for you though. My post had nothing to do with politics. Do you think misogyny is political?

Last edited by gldstwmn : 04-11-2018 at 05:48 PM.