The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #76  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:13 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
To say you were fired for smirking is pretty disingenuous. I can't believe his hubris in thinking Fleetwood Mac was just going to let Stevie walk away and carry on with him. If they didn't call Buckingham McVie a Fleetwood Mac record why in the world would they go on a tour with just him? I can't believe that otherwise intelligent people are falling for this dreck. The more articles I read it becomes clearer to me that this is a bunch of bullsh!t. What's also very upsetting to me is e is using his fans - using them to get his side of the story out, using them to attack the band, using them to promote his tour and Anthology, just plain using them.

He's done no more than anyone else would have done. In fact, overall I'd say he's been pretty restrained. He did one interview- big deal. Its not up to him how his fans respond- and fans haven't exactly gone overboard really.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:15 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
That's a point in general but in this situation I can't really agree because people also poked plenty of fun at Lindsey's repepitive speeches about cycles and compartmentalizing emotions and rising above to fulfill one's higher purpose. But at least Lindsey kept his speeches at a decent length.
and we do it in his face at the shows too. he doesn't seem to mind.

some people have a sense of humor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:16 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
We are all capable of critical thinking.
I hope I don't come across as rude, but do you honestly ever sit down and do this? You seem quite dead-set on your agenda and don't come across as a person who really fully considers all facets of a situation. I mean, I'm sure you are capable of it- but do you actually do it?
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:23 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I hope I don't come across as rude, but do you honestly ever sit down and do this? You seem quite dead-set on your agenda and don't come across as a person who really fully considers all facets of a situation. I mean, I'm sure you are capable of it- but do you actually do it?
I hope I don't come across as rude but I expected nothing less than a response like this. It's called deflecting.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:24 PM
BTFLCHLD's Avatar
BTFLCHLD BTFLCHLD is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 9,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Nice to see you.
you too...nice to see someone familiar

HELLO MEDIA! Here is the wording...

A spokesman for the group shared the following with ABC Radio: "Fleetwood Mac strongly disputes the allegations presented in Mr. Buckingham's complaint and looks forward to their day in court. The band has retained Dan Petrocelli to handle the case."

__________________
LOVE
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:25 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
He's done no more than anyone else would have done. In fact, overall I'd say he's been pretty restrained. He did one interview- big deal. Its not up to him how his fans respond- and fans haven't exactly gone overboard really.
Really? There are people who are afraid to go to his shows now because of the response and behavior of some of his male fans. I am not kidding.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:27 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
some people have a sense of humor.
Then maybe he should have laughed when Rhiannon was chosen as the intro at Music Cares instead of losing his sh!t.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.

Last edited by gldstwmn : 10-16-2018 at 06:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:34 PM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,776
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Really? There are people who are afraid to go to his shows now because of the response and behavior of some of his male fans. I am not kidding.
I don't mean to come across as rude... But I think that's a complete load of made up bullsh!t. No offence.
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:44 PM
jwd jwd is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Fleetucky
Posts: 3,195
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
They embarrassed her in front of people she respects.

She embarrassed herself. It was a koo koo speech. Even crazy for her, and that's saying a lot. And the real disrespect came from her when she said all her peers are dead. How do you think FM felt about that?!!

Last edited by jwd : 10-16-2018 at 04:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 10-16-2018, 04:58 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
But I think that's a complete load of made up bullsh!t. No offence.
It's not. It's out there in places I'm sure you've never dared venture.
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 10-16-2018, 05:07 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 10,281
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It's not. It's out there in places I'm sure you've never dared venture.
wait wait wait........ are you saying that all those SN and Fakewood closed social media groups who threw out anyone who may dare to disagree with the Fakewood versions of the events or claim that Stevie is not a saint are now - when there's nobody left in those groups to actually state some facts or reason - are you saying these groups are now telling the ramaining people in that closed secretive cult environment that they should NOT by no circumstances go to LB solo shows? and the reason they made up is that it's because they may be in danger??

wow, nice one! really nice. now i'm finally getting some real reasons why anyone with half a brain was thrown out of those groups.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 10-16-2018, 05:10 PM
gldstwmn's Avatar
gldstwmn gldstwmn is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Drowning in the sea of La Mer
Posts: 19,327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
wait wait wait........ are you saying that all those SN and Fakewood closed social media groups who threw out anyone who may dare to disagree with the Fakewood versions of the events or claim that Stevie is not a saint are now - when there's nobody left in those groups to actually state some facts or reason - are you saying these groups are now telling the ramaining people in that closed secretive cult environment that they should NOT by no circumstances go to LB solo shows? and the reason they made up is that it's because they may be in danger??
No that's not what I'm saying at all. What the hell did you read? Tea leaves?
__________________
A vaincre sans peril, on triomphe sans gloire.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 10-16-2018, 05:13 PM
TheWILDheart TheWILDheart is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Yorkshire, UK
Posts: 2,239
Default

This entire thread is just as ridiculous as Fleetwood Mac.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 10-16-2018, 05:27 PM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
You have an opinion to which you are most entitled. Don't you think it's a bit narrow minded to feel that everyone else should subscribe to your truth? We are all capable of critical thinking.
So you say... lol
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 10-16-2018, 06:00 PM
sodascouts's Avatar
sodascouts sodascouts is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Memphis area
Posts: 4,366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
Dead right. They've been teasing her for years, hell they tease each other any chance they can. They are like a bunch of siblings. And Stevie can be a pain as well.......so none of them expected any backlash because that's what they all do to each other, plenty of the time.

Did anyone else see Billy Burnette's tweet about Stevie not being so innocent? He said he saw her pick up a chair and throw it at Chris' head during a fight years ago. I believe it was in response to someone saying something about Lindsey frisbeeing a guitar at Stevie's head.
Also in terms of mockery, remember during that making of the Tusk documentary, when Lindsey is trying to describe a sound he wants to Mick (?) and is making sound effects, and Stevie makes the crazy gesture to the camera behind his back?

Stevie did it, too... because people do these kind of things! It doesn't mean they're horrible people. It means they're human.

That's why I feel it's ridiculous to make a federal case out of it - and hypocritical for Stevie to do so.

The fact that this would be on a list of "reasons I can't ever be onstage with Lindsey again" is mind-boggling and shows a loss of adult coping skills that she had as recently as five years ago.
__________________
- Nancy

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE
$202.61
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed 45 - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureFLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE
$91.17
FLEETWOOD MAC personally signed Greatest hits LP cover - CHRISTINE McVIE pictureChristine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers
$29.0
Christine McVie Poster Fleetwood Mac Old /Warner Brothers pictureFLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER
$24.99
FLEETWOOD MAC STEVIE NICKS MICK CHRISTINE MCVIE LINDSEY GRAMMY AWARD POSTER picture1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608
$19.99
1978 Press Photo Christine McVie and Bob Welch - cvp35608 picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved