The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:49 AM
ali101 ali101 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire
Posts: 217
Default Go Your Own Way: Fleetwood Mac 'looks forward' to court date

https://news.sky.com/story/go-your-o...-sues-11526474

Fleetwood Mac has said it "looks forward" to its day in court after being sued by a disgruntled band member.

Guitarist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him.


The tour began earlier this month and Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

Buckingham says he is seeking his share of tour income - at least $12m (£9.1m) - because he still wants to perform and is able to.

Band spokesperson Kristen Foster said in a statement: "Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court".
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 10-15-2018, 08:50 AM
Jondalar's Avatar
Jondalar Jondalar is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 5,955
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ali101 View Post
https://news.sky.com/story/go-your-o...-sues-11526474

Fleetwood Mac has said it "looks forward" to its day in court after being sued by a disgruntled band member.

Guitarist and songwriter Lindsey Buckingham claims he was told five days after the group appeared at Radio City Music Hall in January that the band would tour without him.


The tour began earlier this month and Buckingham was replaced by Mike Campbell and Neil Finn.

Buckingham says he is seeking his share of tour income - at least $12m (£9.1m) - because he still wants to perform and is able to.

Band spokesperson Kristen Foster said in a statement: "Fleetwood Mac looks forward to their day in court".
It doesn’t matter. The band is forever ruined.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Damn your love and damn your lies!!

What a cruel twist to their legacy.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:15 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 10,802
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
It doesn’t matter. The band is forever ruined.
Yep. Ruined. Old Goat Breath tantrumed them to death.
__________________
I will CRUSH YOU!!!! KAREN BRING ME MY FLIP PHONE!
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:16 AM
ali101 ali101 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Halifax, Yorkshire
Posts: 217
Default

I agree. It’s a sad end for the Rumours five as the dynamite finally detonated and what remains is truly a “heartless challenge “. A hugely sorry epitaph to a greatly talented band.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-15-2018, 09:40 AM
sue sue is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: berkshire
Posts: 750
Default

The Fleetwood Mac version that most of us love, finally implodes...

What an ending for the Rumours five.
How sad, very very sad.
Bloody idiots each one of them.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:14 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
The Fleetwood Mac version that most of us love, finally implodes...

What an ending for the Rumours five.
How sad, very very sad.
Bloody idiots each one of them.
Agreed. The utter lack of humanity is staggering.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:18 AM
sasja's Avatar
sasja sasja is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 596
Default

I was going to type all sorts of things, but no energy to waste my words on this.
FM down the crapper, really.
Time seemingly can just rot anything it touches.
Still very fervently hope Lindsey will get his justice though!
And the others, just what they deserve.
Where's the vomit emoji?
__________________
Sasja

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:47 AM
FuzzyPlum FuzzyPlum is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 2,777
Default

I wouldn't normally wish ill on anyone. However, the dark side of me would be happy to see Mick going broke for the fourth time (or whatever it is).
That would be very 'circular'
__________________

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-15-2018, 10:54 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I wouldn't normally wish ill on anyone. However, the dark side of me would be happy to see Mick going broke for the fourth time (or whatever it is).
That would be very 'circular'
AND profound
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:00 AM
lovethemac1's Avatar
lovethemac1 lovethemac1 is online now
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: center of Canada
Posts: 588
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
AND profound
And organic, but we don’t want to use that word because it’s an ugly, ugly word.

The CBC radio news just carried the FM lawsuit “update to the breakup.” Wow, that’s big news, even in Canada. Still makes me angry, frustrated with them, and so very very sad. 😢 My band has gone poof and I’m pissed 🔥
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:03 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 11,537
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
And organic, but we don’t want to use that word because it’s an ugly, ugly word.

The CBC radio news just carried the FM lawsuit “update to the breakup.” Wow, that’s big news, even in Canada. Still makes me angry, frustrated with them, and so very very sad. �� My band has gone poof and I’m pissed ��
Ugly, nasty, and greedy... Just like Mick, and the goat.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:20 AM
Buster Buster is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 159
Default

Just when I couldn’t be more disgusted with all of this, something worse happens. “Looks forward to” is a horrible way to respond. This band’s PR strategy is a disaster. Say something like, we are sad that this has reached this point, Lindsey is a valued component of our legacy, we hope to reach an amicable resolution, blah, blah.

Better yet - work something out behind the scenes and end this very public mess.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:35 AM
NotonRodeo NotonRodeo is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 222
Default

I am actually surprised this latest band kerfuffle seems more publicized now than it was in 1987. Back then it was a just a medium-length article in Rolling Stone announcing his departure, and I think a short interview with the band in one of the entertainment shows. Now it is everywhere.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 10-15-2018, 11:45 AM
NotonRodeo NotonRodeo is offline
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
Just when I couldn’t be more disgusted with all of this, something worse happens. “Looks forward to” is a horrible way to respond. This band’s PR strategy is a disaster. Say something like, we are sad that this has reached this point, Lindsey is a valued component of our legacy, we hope to reach an amicable resolution, blah, blah.

Better yet - work something out behind the scenes and end this very public mess.
But that would imply the band actually cared about its fans, what we want and what we think about them. It's clear by this time they don't give a hoot about us, except when we give them $$$.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks)
$2299.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat (Nicks) pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks
$899.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Buckingham McVie Fleetwood Autographed Strat -Nicks pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee)
$499.0
Fleetwood Mac Signed Guitar Lindsey Buckingham Autographed Strat. (Nicks, McVee) pictureSIGNED - Mick Fleetwood "Mac" Drumhead 12" + Pic
$400.0
SIGNED - Mick Fleetwood



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved