User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-02-2019, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Well I seriously did have a dream last night that I was in a car with my mother and brother and the DJ on the radio said he was about to play cuts from the new Fleetwood Mac album.OMG was I ever excited. The first track was a Lindsey Buckingham song!! It sounded a bit like Caroline but it was a new song and then the next track was a Christine tune with LB prominent on the vocals as well and I remember thinking it reminded me of Hold Me a lot. Then came a brand new rendition of Smile At You!! This was an incredible vocal and a version that doesn't exist in real life but of course I knew all the words cause it's a released song already.They made it a serious rock and roll song and Stevie sounded like she did in 1981. But then somehow in the dream I was in my 20's again and then the dream ended. But it was so frikkin' cool to hear those 3 new songs that don't exist.
That's a hell of a dream! I haven't dreamt about FM in a long time.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 12-05-2019, 09:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've said it a million times, and I'll say it again - $tevie Nicks is the worst thing that ever happened to FM. #nastyoldgoat
While I'm certainly not happy with Stevie's recent actions, this statement is a bit harsh. Ms. Nicks has added some magical moments to Fleetwood Mac. I've often been a critic of her self-absorbed persona, but there's no denying her magic.

Firing Lindsey Buckingham was the worst thing that's ever happened.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Unhappy

I'm certainly not happy with Stevie's recent actions either. Though I still think we will never know the whole truth, so actually I'm angry with all FM members.

Now, saying Stevie is the worst thing that ever happened to FM, is more than a bit harsh, as saying Ms. Nicks has added some magical moments to Fleetwood Mac. Some?

I know this is the "what if" game again, but anyway I would say...
  • If Mick had hired Lindsey without Stevie in 1975, the story would have been different. Far different, obviously not for better.
  • If Mick hadn't met Lindsey in 1974, me and many southamerican people would never have heard Fleetwood Mac.
  • If the present band released a studio album, it wouldn't be as good as any Rumours lineup album (to say the least).
  • If Say You Will had Christine, I can't imagine the great album that had been.

I was googling best Fleetwood Mac songs. The Rolling Stones 50 top FM songs list includes 13 Stevie's songs, 12 Christine's songs, 16 Lindsey's songs. The Independent.co.uk 20 top list includes 6 Stevie's songs, 4 Christine's songs and 4 Lindsey's songs. There are Danny and Peter songs on both lists, too.

The point is not who got more songs, or who got the top positions. My point is, I must watch the big picture, not a single episode. Knowing the band whole history I can't undervalue any of them. I can't say that any of those guys added just some magical moments.

First I missed Lindsey (1987), then I missed Fleetwood Mac, then I missed Christine (1998). Then I missed Lindsey (2018). Now, I miss Fleetwood Mac again.

Last edited by Villavic; 12-06-2019 at 06:20 AM..
Old 05-09-2020, 01:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I never really "got" this song. I mean I like it, and she definitely gives powerhouse performances of it in concert, but of the TUSK Nicks songs (which I think is her best collection of songs on a Mac album), "Sisters Of The Moon" just didn't seem as good as the other four she wrote.

I think part of the reason why is that it always sounded like it wasn't actually finished on the album. Like there should have been another verse. So when I heard the concert version which adds the "we listen to their voices and ignore our own voice" section I was like "aha yeah there it is".
Old 05-09-2020, 09:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I know this is the "what if" game again, but anyway I would say...
  • If Mick had hired Lindsey without Stevie in 1975, the story would have been different. Far different, obviously not for better
Well, not as commercial, to be sure. However, Lindsey was never offered the job without Stevie, so it’s a moot point. Considering Lindsey only wrote two and a half songs on the 1975 album, they would still have needed someone else to fill out the album.

Quote:
  • If Mick hadn't met Lindsey in 1974, me and many southamerican people would never have heard Fleetwood Mac.

Fleetwood Mac was doing just fine in the United States, the South included. Folks in Alabama and Georgia also knew “Oh Well” and “Hypnotized.” Bob’s last album was in the Top 40. No, they were setting the charts on fire, but their music wasn’t exactly mainstream, either. Still, they had a longstanding contract on a major label and weren’t at risk of getting dropped. WB could have easily dropped Fleetwood Mac in 1974, but stuck with them.

Quote:
  • If the present band released a studio album, it wouldn't be as good as any Rumours lineup album (to say the least).
And, as in 1990, that wouldn’t be the fault of the new guys. However, expecting a band in their ‘70s to recreate the success they had over 40 year ago is comical on premise alone.

Quote:
  • If Say You Will had Christine, I can't imagine the great album that had been.
It would still have fallen short. It would have been great, but wouldn’t have been a hit or as celebrated as their legendary output. Which is exactly what it was without Christine.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-10-2020, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabruns View Post
I never really "got" this song. I mean I like it, and she definitely gives powerhouse performances of it in concert, but of the TUSK Nicks songs (which I think is her best collection of songs on a Mac album), "Sisters Of The Moon" just didn't seem as good as the other four she wrote.

I think part of the reason why is that it always sounded like it wasn't actually finished on the album. Like there should have been another verse. So when I heard the concert version which adds the "we listen to their voices and ignore our own voice" section I was like "aha yeah there it is".
i'm the other way around. of her 5 on Tusk, the only one i cannot stand is droning dirge Sara.

i adore SOTM, especially the crazy guitar parts in the alternate Tusk version and older live performances. (unfortunately Stevie muzzled Lindsey so he was not allowed to do the guitar solo in their recent SOTM performances, and that ruined the song).

i think my order of Stevie's 5 Tusk songs is:

1. SOTM
2. Angel
3. Beautiful Child (harmonies on live versions from SYW tour were even better than album!)
4. Storms (same re harmonies on 2009 tour, way better than album)
5. Sara

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-10-2020, 04:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Also my least favorite Stevie song from Tusk, and yes, it always seemed unfinished to me. And the concert version doesn't improve that feeling. To add a lot of nonsense while shaking the mic at the end is pointless to me.

My Stevie list from Tusk goes like this:

1. Angel
2. Sara
3. Storms
4. Beautiful Child
5. SOTM

From 2 to 5 is like bleh, honestly.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-10-2020, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Also my least favorite Stevie song from Tusk, and yes, it always seemed unfinished to me. And the concert version doesn't improve that feeling. To add a lot of nonsense while shaking the mic at the end is pointless to me.

My Stevie list from Tusk goes like this:

1. Angel
2. Sara
3. Storms
4. Beautiful Child
5. SOTM

I like the Mirage version of SOTM. But then again, I used to be a fan of hers.

My $tevie list from Tusk would be:
1 - Angel
2 - SOTM
3 - Sara
4 - Beautiful Child
5 - Storms(freaking snooooooooze ville)
Old 05-10-2020, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
1. Angel
2. Sara
3. Storms
4. Beautiful Child
5. SOTM

I don't feel the same, I think TUSK has Stevie's strongest collection of songs. I think all 5 are good, its just that Sisters Of The Moon isn't quite as great as the rest are. I'd say:

1. Sara
2. Storms
3. Beautiful Child
4. Angel
5. Sisters Of The Moon

When I first got TUSK I was disappointed that there weren't more Nicks songs, particularly since it was known that she was a prolific songwriter. I was expecting 6 songs (since she usually got 3 per album), but hoped for more. So it was like "Why are there only 5..." esp since they were all pretty great.
Old 05-10-2020, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

When I first got TUSK I was disappointed that there weren't more Nicks songs, particularly since it was known that she was a prolific songwriter. I was expecting 6 songs (since she usually got 3 per album), but hoped for more. So it was like "Why are there only 5..." esp since they were all pretty great.
Yeah, but hers are twice as long as Lindsey's.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yeah, but hers are twice as long as Lindsey's.
Exactly! If we put together all that rambling at the end of each song, that would make another song.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Exactly! If we put together all that rambling at the end of each song, that would make another song.
You don't f*ck with a poet, when they're busy poeting!!!!