User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-24-2007, 08:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
It's funny how Christine slapping Lindsey is never discussed in the same light as Lindsey slapping Stevie.
I highlighted that because I remember someone saying a few pages ago that Christine never got 'physical'.

And please, Jason, stop insulting me by insinuating that I justify Lindsey's behaviour towards Stevie because she had it coming. I never said that. I only said there are two sides to one story. (Heck, in Fleetwood Mac's case there are apparantly 30 sides to one story. )
Old 05-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
. . . And please, Jason, stop insulting me by insinuating that I justify Lindsey's behaviour towards Stevie because she had it coming. I never said that. I only said there are two sides to one story. (Heck, in Fleetwood Mac's case there are apparantly 30 sides to one story. )
I was not refering to you.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-24-2007, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I was not refering to you.
Okay, good.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I highlighted that because I remember someone saying a few pages ago that Christine never got 'physical'.
I thought that was someone saying John never got physical (in the sense of being violent - I'm sure their relationship must have been physical on occasions!) with Christine but I may be wrong.

Gail

Last edited by Gailh; 05-24-2007 at 10:14 AM..
Old 05-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
This isn't funny either
Which is why it's always good to be your own biggest fan.
Old 05-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

And please, Jason, stop insulting me by insinuating that I justify Lindsey's behaviour towards Stevie because she had it coming. I never said that. I only said there are two sides to one story. (Heck, in Fleetwood Mac's case there are apparantly 30 sides to one story. )
Good one

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-24-2007, 04:36 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I know - La Nicks gets what she deserves and CM is totally justifed and venerated - go figure

Interestingly, at both times, LB is doing something detrimental to the band.
ok truthfully, i don't think christine should have slapped lb. the wine in the face would have gotten the point across but she was probably drunk so. no excuse.

BUT a slap across the face (bad enough as it is) is not the same as bending someone over the hood of a car with two guys having to pull the aggressor off. no one had to pull christine off of lb (insert joke here) so i think the two are apples & oranges. only similar in that physical abuse is just wrong.

as for stevie asking for it? no way. she had the right to be pissed off & she shouldn't have gone after him but he went way too far & those guys should have broken it up long before he had her over the hood of that car. were they enjoying the show or something? seriously love me some lb but he was wrong wrong wrong

ps. so was christine but i don't think a slap on the face would really inflict much damage, short or long-term. stevie said she thought lb was going to kill her & even though she's a drama queen, it sounded pretty serious (the two guys pulling him off) so there's a big difference between the two scenarios.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Daya View Post
BUT a slap across the face (bad enough as it is) is not the same as bending someone over the hood of a car with two guys having to pull the aggressor off. no one had to pull christine off of lb (insert joke here) so i think the two are apples & oranges.
Another account of this event (New Zealand) had someone saying bodyguards had to come in between to seperate the two parties. Lindsey vs. Christine & Stevie. So, once again, who knows.

Last edited by danax6; 05-24-2007 at 04:51 PM..
Old 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember hearing a radio show at the time where the presenter mentioned this incident.
He referred to Stevie jumping on Lindsey's back to prevent him walking out at which point LB is supposed to have grabbed her and pushed her away shouting at their managers to 'get this schizophrenic bitch off me'.
The presenter was not telling the story in a serious way. His tone was more 'hey these crazy rock stars huh'.

Elsewhere, I've read about how it was more a sad incident than a violent one. Although there was a physical altercation, the whole thing was more about Stevie crying and running after LB not wanting him to leave the band (and by association, her) and LB in turn being upset about her being so upset. Things then getting very emotional and heated, ending in some sort of physical contact and both of them breaking down and crying at how ugly everything had turned out for them.

So, it doesn't seem as if there is one version or perception of that day.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:59 PM

Quote:

I didn't say Christine never got physical... I said nobody really messed with her... and said i thought it was cool that she stood up for Stevie... those two still kind of stand up for each other even though they were completely different kinds of women..

I think there's 50 sides of any fleetwood mac story... and i don think anyone here is saying it's ok to hit women... we're just chatting about something that's kind of crazy... and now someone is writing a book about it...

i can honestly say... it's led to a great discussion...
Old 05-24-2007, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I didn't say Christine never got physical... I said nobody really messed with her... and said i thought it was cool that she stood up for Stevie... those two still kind of stand up for each other even though they were completely different kinds of women . . . .
I often think CM at first thought "what the hell is this crazy woman doing" I think La Nicks won her over though. I also think their inital bonds lasted forever and are still there to this day, though they rarely see or speak, etc. - - maybe mostly due to CM is no longer in the business. In the end, I wish so much that CM would do maybe a ten city tour with FM. I think the energy between the two would be palpable.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 05-24-2007, 09:29 PM

Quote:
I often think CM at first thought "what the hell is this crazy woman doing" I think La Nicks won her over though. I also think their inital bonds lasted forever and are still there to this day, though they rarely see or speak, etc. - - maybe mostly due to CM is no longer in the business. In the end, I wish so much that CM would do maybe a ten city tour with FM. I think the energy between the two would be palpable.
i think all three of them have a special bond... i sing in a jazz vocal ensemble and i've been singing with the same 7 people or so for 3 years.... (i'm tenor and bari) we have such a tight bond... we hate each other at times... but if someone messes with one of us... look out... imagine the bond of 20 plus years all over the world.........

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 05-24-2007 at 10:25 PM..
Old 05-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
It couldn't have been easy for either of them. The only footage I have of Lindsey flaunting his gf (CAH) in front of Stevie are the Rumours doc tapes in Japan and I was like:"I would've killed him... her... both". I'm sure it was the same for him when she was dating. Like they always say:"When you break up with somebody you don't see them the next day" but they had to work together...... How they got through that, is a mystery to me.
Hadn't she started her affair with Mick by then though?
Old 05-26-2007, 03:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
It began on that leg of the tour .I can't recall if the Japan shows were before the New Zealand show where it began but anyway she had already been doing Don Henley for at least a year prior to that .

Old 05-26-2007, 03:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I don't think so. Didn't that start in 1979 during the Tusk tour?

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced