User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-30-2017, 03:07 PM

Default Mick is all fired up and ready to go:

Old 03-30-2017, 06:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These shows scream cash grab to me. Why not just wait until next year to do anything so that Buckingham McVie can have their time and Stevie can finish her tour or whatever? Meh.
Old 03-30-2017, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankenstein View Post
These shows scream cash grab to me. Why not just wait until next year to do anything so that Buckingham McVie can have their time and Stevie can finish her tour or whatever? Meh.
after seeing the prices, which in the top range are higher than the last year's Desert festival, or however it was called, for lesser acts all together, at worse venues, i have to agree. i don't think this is driven by the bands necessarily, but by their common management. bands just had to say yes for a comparably small amount of work and a huge payday, so why wouldn't they? but this just looks like trying to squeeze whatever money is possible out of these bands (or whoever is left in them, in some of the cases), while it's still possible.

i'm curious to see how this will sell. also, whether scalpers will jump on it like they did last year, considering the prices, and also how for the last year's oldchella some of the scalper tickets towards the end went below the face value, when they couldn't sell.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-31-2017, 03:12 PM

I'm beginning to think that these dates' purpose is to finance the Buckingham McVie album and concerts.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I'm beginning to think that these dates' purpose is to finance the Buckingham McVie album and concerts.
Just because of that reason I wish I could go. I love supporting arts and artists, who are continuously evolving and creating.
But I need to save money for next year's tour.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Just because of that reason I wish I could go. I love supporting arts and artists, who are continuously evolving and creating.
isn't going to the BuckVie tour better way of supporting them and their new music then? of course if you are in Argentina that might be impossible proposition.

i'm definitely not going to the Classic, and i wish i was strong enough to skip 2018 GH tour, but i know better.

i will spend my money (and have tons of leftover) for as many dates as i can of the once in a lifetime BuckVie tour - instead of seeing FM shortened GH setlist of the one i've seen numerous time back in 2014-15.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-31-2017, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
welcome to the board btw - love seeing your contributions and how you immediately jumped in!

Old 03-31-2017, 07:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
isn't going to the BuckVie tour better way of supporting them and their new music then? of course if you are in Argentina that might be impossible proposition.

i'm definitely not going to the Classic, and i wish i was strong enough to skip 2018 GH tour, but i know better.

i will spend my money (and have tons of leftover) for as many dates as i can of the once in a lifetime BuckVie tour - instead of seeing FM shortened GH setlist of the one i've seen numerous time back in 2014-15.
I can't do a trip to the US just for one BuckVie concert. That's why my best choice is next year's tour. I will try to attend as many concerts as possible and then maybe follow them to England. We'll see.

Even though I always spend my holidays in the US, I've never attend a FM concert. I'm 43 years old and yet I'm a new fan. I want to kill myself just thinking of all the chances I missed of seeing them live.

Thank God at least I won't miss their last tour!
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-31-2017, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
welcome to the board btw - love seeing your contributions and how you immediately jumped in!
Thank you so much! Love FM as a whole and how their individual contributions make everything so perfect!
Not so happy though with the lack of a new (and maybe last) FM album, just for petty reasons. I admire those who put those differences aside and want to move forward.
Old 04-01-2017, 03:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I thought I's post this article for no reason other than the hilarity they've used an image of The Eagles of Death Metal rather than Eagles. Ho ho ho

Eagles And Fleetwood Mac To Perform Together In Classic Rock Concerts
https://uinterview.com/news/eagles-f...s-ticket-info/

Kate Chia Kate ChiaMarch 31, 2017Home Featured, News
Classic rock bands the Eagles and Fleetwood Mac have confirmed that they will be headlining a bicoastal classic rock music festival this summer.

The concerts are split into two parts: the first, titled The Classic West, will take place in Los Angeles’s Dodger Stadium, while the second, The Classic East, will be held in Citi Field, New York. The Classic West will take place on July 15 and 16, and will feature the Eagles, Steely Dan and The Doobie Brothers on the first night, followed by Fleetwood Mac, Journey and Earth, Wind & Fire on the second night. The Classic West will occur on July 29 and 30, and feature the same artist lineups.

Mr. Fleetwood, drummer and founding member of Fleetwood Mac, said that part of the appeal was going on the road with the Eagles. ““The Eagles and Fleetwood Mac were sort of dueling bands in many ways,” he said. “We all knew each other and all hung out together in the early days.”

“Here we are doing it again,” he added, “and I think it’s just super cool.”

Fleetwood Mac, a British-American rock band formed in London in 1968, has sold more than 100 million records worldwide. It is one of the world’s best-selling bands of all time. American rock band the Eagles has achieved similar fame; it formed in Los Angeles in 1971, and was the recipient of six Grammy Awards. It is one of the most successful musical acts of the 1970s.

Their upcoming shows were put together by some of the most powerful companies in the business. Live Nation is the promoter, and Irving Azoff is the manager, who had been involved with the Eagles for over 40 years.

The two-day seat ticket packages for both events will go on sale on April 7th, at 10 am local time. Tickets for the two days range from $150 to $950, not including fees. No single-day tickets will be sold. American Express customers will receive early access on April 3.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-03-2017, 07:11 AM
Senior Ledgie

Does anyone have any presale codes for this week's "The Classic" ticket presales? Does the board have any rules about posting them here? Thanks!
Old 04-03-2017, 12:44 PM

Old 04-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
also, VIPs and all various platinum seats are already available on TM. just checked, and plats seem to be much better "deals" (if anyone can call 1k+ prices a deal) than VIPs for similar seats. drawback is you can't buy even number of tickets for plats.

Last edited by elle; 04-03-2017 at 12:53 PM..
Old 04-05-2017, 07:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Has it been confirmed anywhere that we'll be seeing the full LB/SN/JM/MF/CM lineup at The Classic shows? Sorry if this has been covered already...
Old 04-05-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
Has it been confirmed anywhere that we'll be seeing the full LB/SN/JM/MF/CM lineup at The Classic shows? Sorry if this has been covered already...
Not from the band itself or their spokesperson, but all the media have. However I think it's just a matter of obviousness and that an official statement about it from the band would have been done only in the opposite scenario that she wouldn't attend.
However there are still more than three full months to know.