Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-16-2017, 05:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I don't think they will do lots of Mac standards. Maybe Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop (because they sing it together) and Songbird. Chris loves to sing the blues so while she may hit her solo albums a bit I fully expect to hear at least one classic Mac song (pre-Buck/Nicks). I would chop off my hand to hear Why but she may go to Just Crazy Love or Spare Me A Little. Since they will be touring next year, that is when we will hear all the standards. I am hoping for deep cuts and solo stuff and older Mac tunes.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I don't think they will do lots of Mac standards. Maybe Go Your Own Way, Don't Stop (because they sing it together) and Songbird. Chris loves to sing the blues so while she may hit her solo albums a bit I fully expect to hear at least one classic Mac song (pre-Buck/Nicks). I would chop off my hand to hear Why but she may go to Just Crazy Love or Spare Me A Little. Since they will be touring next year, that is when we will hear all the standards. I am hoping for deep cuts and solo stuff and older Mac tunes.
Definitely a chance for them to break out a little bit from the norm. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with for the set. I'm also curious as to the musicians they will take along on tour with them.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennonfan View Post
no particular order:
I'd rather go blind
Why
Got A hold on me
Morning Rain
The way I feel
Remember me
Did you ever love me
World Turning
5 from the new album
with Lindsey it's so varied another 8 would take a lot of thought...
other than World Turning, i don't know any of these songs (you all may wanna burn me for that!), and i'm more than happy to get to hear them.

however, i do think that like with Lindsey, she'll probably do at least 4 if not more of her Mac staples - Don't Stop, SYLM, Little Lies, You Make Loving Fun. and i would love to hear Hold Me, finally! so that's 5 already. add Everywhere, and that's 6. so she gets just 2 spaces for deep cuts left. oh i how could i forget Songbird? so just one deep cut / unusual choice left.

i wish they were adventurous, but knowing Lindsey, the thinking will be that setlist has to have some hit-new song-familiar-new song-hit flow, especially since they are doing sheds and not completely intimate setting which would make them more free. so their sense of adventure will be fulfilled with doing 6 new songs. which i guess i can live with, but will depend on the new songs - on Seeds tour Lindsey's setlist was so great because his new songs were all so fantastic.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 04-16-2017 at 05:18 PM..
Old 04-16-2017, 05:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
other than World Turning, i don't know any of these songs (you all may wanna burn me for that!), and i'm more than happy to get to hear them.

What?
I am gobsmacked

gobsmacked
ˈɡɒbsmakt/
adjectiveBRITISHinformal
utterly astonished; astounded.
"the locals were gobsmacked when us lot trooped in"

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-16-2017, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heard my first radio commercial for the upcoming tour and it was dubbed as "Mac tunes you know and love and some you haven't heard in years" while playing quick a quick clip of Got A Hold On Me so that was interesting. I think this is basically what it's going to boil down to;

Practically Guaranteed
In My World
Never Going Back Again
Big Love
Second Hand News
Tusk
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
You Make Loving Fun
Say You Love Me
Everywhere
Little Lies
World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird

Strong Possibilities
Over My Head
Eyes Of The World
Bleed To Love Her
Got A Hold On Me
Love In Store
Trouble
Isn't It Midnight
Go Insane
Oh Daddy
Brown Eyes
Spare Me A Little
Save Me A Place
Old 04-16-2017, 05:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
What?
I am gobsmacked

gobsmacked
ˈɡɒbsmakt/
adjectiveBRITISHinformal
utterly astonished; astounded.
"the locals were gobsmacked when us lot trooped in"
haha i knew it!

i'm a newer LB solo fan. Mac just came in with LB, as a side thing i have to live with . i started caring for Christine's stuff only on the last tour, although i knew all her hits, of course. i don't know any of Christine's solo stuff (or Nicks solo stuff, but i tried to listen to it). Jbrownsjr is trying to get me into Christine's stuff. i listened to Why. and Friend. and i love LB-CM relationship and am looking forward to enjoying their interplay on the upcoming tour. and i love Hold Me, Think About Me, World Turning and even Don't Stop, so i'm hoping to get some more of those great collaborations between the 2 of them on this new album.

btw, was looking up LB's setlists on setlist.com after you called me on Go Insane. had to laugh at this entry (listing only the songs he did by request that evening) - http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/lindse...l-bcbd986.html

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 04-16-2017, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Heard my first radio commercial for the upcoming tour and it was dubbed as "Mac tunes you know and love and some you haven't heard in years" while playing quick a quick clip of Got A Hold On Me so that was interesting. I think this is basically what it's going to boil down to;

Practically Guaranteed
In My World
Never Going Back Again
Big Love
Second Hand News
Tusk
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
You Make Loving Fun
Say You Love Me
Everywhere
Little Lies
World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird

Strong Possibilities
Over My Head
Eyes Of The World
Bleed To Love Her
Got A Hold On Me
Love In Store
Trouble
Isn't It Midnight
Go Insane
Oh Daddy
Brown Eyes
Spare Me A Little
Save Me A Place
very interesting!

however much i don't like it, i agree with you on practically guaranteed. so that leaves about 8 more songs, 5 of which will be new ones (if LB's way of promoting new albums is any indication. i think Mac usually did the same - 6 new songs). and then we can possibly get 3 unexpected or deeper cuts. on the last few Mac tours it was basically one deep-er cut per songwriter. Save Me a Place would be refreshing. i dislike that song on the album, but i like the version on new Tusk set and also live versions have been nice. i still prefer one of those 5-8 songs i listed but oh well, we'll see.

Last edited by elle; 04-16-2017 at 05:48 PM..
Old 04-16-2017, 05:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=KenshiMaster16;1207160]Heard my first radio commercial for the upcoming tour and it was dubbed as "Mac tunes you know and love and some you haven't heard in years" while playing quick a quick clip of Got A Hold On Me so that was interesting. I think this is basically what it's going to boil down to;

Wouldn't that make Got A Hold On Me a 'practically guaranteed'? I mean, somebody must be in the know and that's not an obvious one to include on a commercial.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-16-2017, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Wouldn't that make Got A Hold On Me a 'practically guaranteed'? I mean, somebody must be in the know and that's not an obvious one to include on a commercial.
one would think so, but for 2014/15 Mac tour there were articles and i think radio commercials featuring certain Mac songs as expected to hear on the upcoming tour, raising people's hopes up, but turned out they were just haphazard listings of songs and had nothing to do with songs actually played on the tour.

even if someone knew what they were rehearsing, doesn't mean those songs will all end up on the setlist.

Old 04-16-2017, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i listened to Why. and Friend. and i love LB-CM relationship and am looking forward to enjoying their interplay on the upcoming tour.

I'm sure you're aware of the Chris/Lindsey/Stevie/Mick/John version of Why. Not as good as the original MTM album version but great nevertheless.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 04-16-2017, 06:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I think it would be most realistic to expect say most if not all of the new album and then another ten from the stuff they recorded for Mac while both were members with emphasis on where they either both sang or both wrote.

Don't Stop (lead vocals from both)
Hold Me (duet)
You and I (full version)
Isn't It Midnight (co-write, criminally omitted from OWTS tour)
World Turning (bit obvious really)
Tusk (his voice, her concertina)
Songbird (well the original was just the two of them)
Murrow (cos Chris sings on the chorus on the original)

Then I guess Everywhere and Go Your Own Way would have to be included. Behind the Mask would be great too but like The Chain and Little Lies it just wouldn't sound the same with some backing vocalist pretending to be Stevie.
Old 04-16-2017, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
Little Lies it just wouldn't sound the same with some backing vocalist pretending to be Stevie.
Get George Hawkins on bass, and that problem is solved.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-16-2017, 07:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
Practically Guaranteed
In My World
Never Going Back Again
Big Love
Second Hand News
Tusk
I'm So Afraid
Go Your Own Way
You Make Loving Fun
Say You Love Me
Everywhere
Little Lies
World Turning
Don't Stop
Songbird

Strong Possibilities
Over My Head
Eyes Of The World
Bleed To Love Her
Got A Hold On Me
Love In Store
Trouble
Isn't It Midnight
Go Insane
Oh Daddy
Brown Eyes
Spare Me A Little
Save Me A Place
14 songs by Fleetwood Mac?!? 14 songs?!? When would they play songs from their new album? Besides, they keep saying "this isn't Fleetwood Mac," so they won't sing that many FM songs. I say 8 tops, and if people really think otherwise, you're in for a world of disappointment.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hope Oh Daddy doesn't make it. I love the song; just not live.

I'd love "Shadow of the West" and "Steal Your Heart Away," since Christine sang on both.
Old 04-16-2017, 07:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really, really, really hope "Think About Me" makes the cut.