User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-27-2018, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Back in the day of the Great Ledge Implosion(2007), people were bant for even posting pics of animal's posteriors.
What?!? No doggie butts???

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-28-2018, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Back in the day of the Great Ledge Implosion(2007), people were bant for even posting pics of animal's posteriors.
Oh, you KNOW it wasn’t about the horse.
Old 05-28-2018, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Oh, you KNOW it wasn’t about the horse.
I've always loved horses. Butt not horse's asses.
Old 05-28-2018, 05:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
I’ve always been struck by how much better a song this was live. This is he kind of energy that Lindsey brought to the shows and I for one wouldn’t care to see this band without him.
A masterpiece. So moved, I cannot help but steal a line for my signature.
Old 05-28-2018, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm reporting Y'ALL if you don't stop using that word to describe sweet, sweet, Mick. He's a saint!!!!

Sorry, he's probably the best known WHORE in the music business. He'd sell Biddy's used underwear if he could make a nickle off of it.
How one could be the owner of the name Fleetwood Mac and still go bankrupt multiple times is beyond me. If the term whore can’t be applied to Mr. Fleetwood then I don’t know where it can be applied.
Old 05-28-2018, 08:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How one could be the owner of the name Fleetwood Mac and still go bankrupt multiple times is beyond me. If the term whore can’t be applied to Mr. Fleetwood then I don’t know where it can be applied.
He obviously has no clue about living within his means. He wants Stevie's lifestyle, when he probably doesn't make 10% of what she does. But he's never "got that". Spend, spend, spend, even when it stops coming in....OOPS, I'm bankrupt again!!! #dumbass
Old 05-28-2018, 08:56 AM

God, I just caught up this read. I'm in Europe.

Love Homer.. why would anyone take his banter personal or seriously is beyond me.

Don't need to be telling folks to shut it.. but the walls are not tumbling down. So let's do away with that.

We have freedom of speech.. try not to be too vulgar and too sensitive... You all need to govern yourselves accordingly.. there.. I moderated...

Having said that.. some really interesting discussion on the Mick video. I'm so over them. I'm love Tony's take. It's really spot on.

Been enjoying BuckVie so much. The album gets better and better..

Cheers to the new folks.. cheers to the old timers..
Old 05-28-2018, 08:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He obviously has no clue about living within his means. He wants Stevie's lifestyle, when he probably doesn't make 10% of what she does. But he's never "got that". Spend, spend, spend, even when it stops coming in....OOPS, I'm bankrupt again!!! #dumbass

Maybe he’s just plain stupid where money’s concerned(or just plain stupid)
He has had 3 divorces however and maybe his lawyer wasn’t upto scratch.

John, who must earn approx. the same amount, seems to exist on the paltry amount.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it’s bad enough that he has his accountant set up an allowance for him.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-28-2018, 09:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Maybe he’s just plain stupid where money’s concerned(or just plain stupid)
He has had 3 divorces however and maybe his lawyer wasn’t upto scratch.

John, who must earn approx. the same amount, seems to exist on the paltry amount.
John used to ride back to the hotels with the crew, after the shows, because the money for his limo went into his bank account instead!

That's a man after my own heart.

But I think you're right. In many ways, Mick's an idiot.
Old 05-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And until I hear from some reputable source (i.e. a quote from Lindsey, Stevie, Christine, Mick, or John), I refuse to believe Lindsey demanded the Fleetwood Mac tour not take place until late 2019 (I see we're going with "late" now instead of the more concrete "November 2019" from last week). There is absolutely no evidence of this, and it goes against EVERY SINGLE THING that they ALL have been saying for quite some time now.

After John's illness and Christine's limited capabilities and vocal range that Lindsey witnessed from 2014-17, there is simply no way he would have been demanding a two year break from the time of MusicCares until the tour commenced.

100% this---All of them, before the great breakup of 2018 were saying they were touring in 2018. Lindsey and Christine said as much during Buckvie press. I think the behavior of the band in both interviews speaks to how backhanded the situation is. If they were telling the truth--they would not have been as uncomfortable as they are.
All of these "sources" want to get the story out their that views them in a more positive light and as the "injured" party--except for Mick who will take any press he can get. The only "sources" I think can be believed are the Rumours 5--until they speak--it's all speculation.
All 5 of them are coming across as overindulged, catered to juveniles. The only one who has come across remotely as an adult is Mike Campbell--his statement was classy and respectful.
Old 05-28-2018, 10:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
The only one who has come across remotely as an adult is Mike Campbell--his statement was classy and respectful.
Mike and Neil have said nothing but glowing things about Lindsey. They’re innocent bystanders in all of this.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-28-2018, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I think it’s bad enough that he has his accountant set up an allowance for him.
At least he's learned he needs to do this. Hopefully it will keep him from going bankrupt yet again.

Rock star: "I can afford to buy seven houses!" Accountant: "Yes, but can you afford years of paying all the property taxes, upkeep, etc. on all those houses in addition to all the other purchases you're going to make? Those houses will wind up costing you a great deal more than their asking price over the years." Rock star: "Er... oh."

I do think another reason he went bankrupt is his tendency to pour money into ill-conceived business ventures. One can understand those electronic drum things he did a while back although that failed, but there was also the wine, the jewelry(!), etc... investments that didn't pay off.

Old 05-28-2018, 10:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
John used to ride back to the hotels with the crew, after the shows, because the money for his limo went into his bank account instead!

Plus, I’m sure the crew had way better post-show parties.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-28-2018, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

But I think you're right. In many ways, Mick's an idiot.

WOW!!! I did not think I could love John more then I already did but I Do now.

And another first, it looks like we agree on something for a change. An appreciation for people who understand the value of money and know how to use it properly. I would handle my money exactly like John. I’m not saying I wouldn’t spend quite a bit as does John (a boat for example) but I feel John is more deserving of his bait because he sacrificed to be that rich and was smart.

He Will Burn You Down