The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-14-2018, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I hate what has happened to Lindsey and wish he was back in the band.
I hate Stevie and Mick for their behaviour and I'm sad about John and Christine's behaviour too. I really do not want to go to a Fleetwood Mac concert on this tour.

However I am a (very) casual Crowded House fan. I know Neil Finn is a very, very talented person. I'f he'd joined the band 20 years ago I'd have been really excited. However, now I feel rather sorry for him. I think he's possibly been duped a bit. I can't see this incarnation being an on-going creative endeavor. He's therefore little more than a touring member who might sing a bit. His talent is therefore wasted in this venture.

I don't think he personally deserves any vitriol and cant see he's been anything other than humble either.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-14-2018, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
LOL yes Neil Finn fans are allowed to have and express an opinion on Fleetwood Mac and their fans. One of the great things about America is freedom of speech. Just like you have the right to express your hatred of Fleetwood Mac... on a FM fan board.
What a silly post. Again America is the only country that counts. Not to get into politics here, but right now the USA are not a shining example of, well, anything positive.
And why the heck should I post on a FM board if I hate the band? And how is that your business? I really dislike the entitlement of Neil Finns fans who run aroung proclaiming him and Crowded House world famous against all evidence of the contrary.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
He should stay sacked, fired whatever.....he looks great, relaxed and sexy.
Agree with all of that not to mention you get the anthology if you buy a ticket to the show. I can't wait to see what's on there. Personally I'd love that version of Stephanie that plays over the PA pre show among many other things.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
What a silly post. Again America is the only country that counts. Not to get into politics here, but right now the USA are not a shining example of, well, anything positive.
And why the heck should I post on a FM board if I hate the band? And how is that your business? I really dislike the entitlement of Neil Finns fans who run aroung proclaiming him and Crowded House world famous against all evidence of the contrary.

Could you do me a favour and just read through recent posts and highlight where somebody said he/they are world famous? I cant find it.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-14-2018, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
There's no way that globally, Finn/Crowded House/et al outsells Fleetwood Mac, end stop.
I never said or implied this once, Finn/CH are no where near on the same scale of success globally they are completely incomparable....but many posters here were saying they had never heard of Neil....I've simply said that is because you probably live in countries where he is not successful ....because he is FACTUALLY reknown in many countries. I am not implying Finn is a musical superstar, I just wish for more educated and knowledgeable comments that are fair and factual.

I am not SugarMouse and saying how wonderful it is that Finn is now in FM...I'm the opposite, I hate it and wish that LB was still there and that SN hadn't been so selfish and cruel.
Old 08-14-2018, 02:51 PM
Angel75
This message has been deleted by Angel75.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:04 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
Agree with all of that not to mention you get the anthology if you buy a ticket to the show. I can't wait to see what's on there. Personally I'd love that version of Stephanie that plays over the PA pre show among many other things.
The track listing for Anthology is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Solo-Antholog...gham+anthology

Looks pretty comprehensive, although I wish his solo version of "Steal Your Heart Away" (from that '97 Best Buy CD) was on there. And a couple more from "Law and Order" would've been nice. Great to finally get a remastered version of "Holiday Road"!
Old 08-14-2018, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
The track listing for Anthology is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Solo-Antholog...gham+anthology

Looks pretty comprehensive, although I wish his solo version of "Steal Your Heart Away" (from that '97 Best Buy CD) was on there. And a couple more from "Law and Order" would've been nice. Great to finally get a remastered version of "Holiday Road"!
Such great news about the tour and Anthology.....I can't wait to listen and so exciting to get some new music at last with two new tracks - Hunger and Ride this Road. Great work Lindsey.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Could you do me a favour and just read through recent posts and highlight where somebody said he/they are world famous? I cant find it.
??? How do you respond here when you can't read?
Old 08-14-2018, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Huh? FuzzyPlum is right when has anyone ever said he was World Famous?
Old 08-14-2018, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You sir/madam, are very rude.
The suggestion has been raised that Finn is famous in countries other than the US. At no point has anyone said he is 'World famous'.
I can read.

Mick Fleetwood
Old 08-14-2018, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gldstwmn View Post
I think the odds of him ever acknowleding Stephanie again are next to zero lol.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's plans look amazing. It's what I had hoped all of FM could've done. It's awful how it's had to happen but it's nice that he isn't wasting time. He puts on a great show so I'm sure anyone who appreciates his talents would have a great time.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I think he'll play it again. After all he's not going to stop playing GYOW.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
There's a live version of the song on the anthology.
Old 08-14-2018, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
I never said or implied this once, Finn/CH are no where near on the same scale of success globally they are completely incomparable....but many posters here were saying they had never heard of Neil....I've simply said that is because you probably live in countries where he is not successful ....because he is FACTUALLY reknown in many countries. I am not implying Finn is a musical superstar, I just wish for more educated and knowledgeable comments that are fair and factual.

I am not SugarMouse and saying how wonderful it is that Finn is now in FM...I'm the opposite, I hate it and wish that LB was still there and that SN hadn't been so selfish and cruel.
I live in the US and I'd never even heard the name Neil Finn before in my life and neither had loads of my friends. I asked someone I know who is very music minded and he told me that Neil/Crowded House is more of an Aussie thing and they've had some popularity in parts of Europe.