The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default What happens if Christine exits?

While likely just an internet rumor, what if Chris exits too?
Old 05-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Then we'll still have what we have a Stevie Nicks backing band only minus an old bird that can no longer sing or play the keyboards like she once could.

Old 05-23-2018, 08:29 PM
Ledgie

Not happening. She's here to stay.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They could probably sue her couldn't they? Since she'd already signed off.
Although I doubt they would but she would definitely be in a bind which is why I don't think the rumour is true but I do believe she might not agree to any other legs that get added.
If it were to happen they could just go on without her like they did for the years prior to her return but since they're in 'we're a new band' mode now I guess they might bring in a replacement. Maybe Stevie can finally get her Sheryl Crow wish!

But realistically I imagine they would have a serious problem because TWO missing members will make ticket sales even more dismal.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

At this point, I think it would be in breach of contract territory, promoters would pull out, and the tour would be canceled. They weren’t paying for a glorified Stevie Nicks solo tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-23-2018, 08:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
At this point, I think it would be in breach of contract territory, promoters would pull out, and the tour would be canceled. They weren’t paying for a glorified Stevie Nicks solo tour.
but - but - but........................... Fleetwood and McVie would still be there!! that's Fleetwood Mac!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-23-2018, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Chris exits, it'll likely be after this tour and she won't agree to another leg of it. This band has become toxic no matter whether you're to side with Lindsey or Stevie. And, in my personal opinion, despite their past mistakes and what they may or may not have done to one another (and while not condoning their behaviors either), to have any member of that iconic line-up be ousted at this stage of their careers whether it had been Lindsey, Stevie or Chris, I think is just criminal. If you cannot get along at this point, then call it a day as a collective and do your own solo things. If you can't be part of a band for 30-40 some odd years and get along, just call it quits altogether. You always have those royalty and solo checks to keep you afloat since it's obviously not the creativity keeping you there...... But that's just my two cents.
Old 05-23-2018, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
but - but - but........................... Fleetwood and McVie would still be there!! that's Fleetwood Mac!
Old 05-23-2018, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
If Chris exits, it'll likely be after this tour and she won't agree to another leg of it. This band has become toxic no matter whether you're to side with Lindsey or Stevie. And, in my personal opinion, despite their past mistakes and what they may or may not have done to one another (and while not condoning their behaviors either), to have any member of that iconic line-up be ousted at this stage of their careers whether it had been Lindsey, Stevie or Chris, I think is just criminal. If you cannot get along at this point, then call it a day as a collective and do your own solo things. If you can't be part of a band for 30-40 some odd years and get along, just call it quits altogether. You always have those royalty and solo checks to keep you afloat since it's obviously not the creativity keeping you there...... But that's just my two cents.
I completely agree. I actually think this is shaping up to be a US tour. I don't see them extending beyond. Whether it's because Christine wants to bail (and if she does, I think you can 100% attribute to the Lindsey situation--she had blast during OWTS and during Buck Vie) SHe's had a 16 year vacation...and she's fit--she's ready to be out there.....IF ITs FUN for her. I think she towed the band line , mind you I am not giving her a pass, but the fact that 1/2 the band is British and not a rumble of at least London shows yet. I think promoters are nervous to commit because sales are so dismal. I don't care how much you like to twirl around your living room--in the cold clear light of day....it's clear this "new band" isn't resonating like the PTB hoped. Question becomes can they (and by they I mean can Mick deploy Christine to try to make amends with Lindsey on the bands behalf to give it one last go) Otherwise, hope y'all saw OWTS--because that was in my mind and a lot of other folks, the FM Farewell Tour.
As things stand now, I don't see Christine sticking around beyond the last date in April '19.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

All this makes me wonder if Chris and Lindsey have spoken since everything went down. And if so, what was said. I finally watched the big interview the other day, and it was eye opening how very unamused Chris was. She’s always been the queen of cool & reserve (publicly). I’d hope Chris at least put in a conciliatory call to Lindsey.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
I’m specifically talking about this tour. If they wanted to continue on as Fleetwood Mac without Christine, they would certainly be within their right. But from the perspective of the promoters regarding THIS tour, losing the member who had 17% of the band’s Top 40 output is manageable, especially with who they brought in. But losing the member who had 50% of the Top 40 singles would be a breach of contract at this point.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-23-2018 at 09:17 PM..
Old 05-23-2018, 09:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’m specifically talking about this tour. If they wanted to continue on as Fleetwood Mac without Christine, they would certainly be within their right. But from the perspective of the promoters regarding THIS tour, losing the member who had 17% of the band’s Top 40 output is manageable, especially with who they brought in. But losing the member who had 50% of the Top 40 singles would be a breach of contract at this point.

I don't really think who wrote the most or least hits matters to promoters as much at this point as you think it does. At this point, given the majority of people who buy the tickets, as long as it mostly resembles Fleetwood Mac (aka Stevie Nicks has to be there) and they play Rumours and their other really famous non-Rumours songs, then they'll be fine.
They went on for years without Christine and the tours sold just fine. I'm sure that (when they lower prices more), the Lindsey-less tour tickets will sell fine as well. But were Christine to leave as well would just generate too much controversy. The Lindsey situation already has gotten plenty of bad press and for that to happen too would just be too much.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
All this makes me wonder if Chris and Lindsey have spoken since everything went down. And if so, what was said. I finally watched the big interview the other day, and it was eye opening how very unamused Chris was. She’s always been the queen of cool & reserve (publicly). I’d hope Chris at least put in a conciliatory call to Lindsey.
I still refuse to watch it. I'm waiting for this tour and this band to fail. Then, with a glass of wine in my hand (or whatever I could put my hands on), I'll finally sit and watch it with great delight.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't really think who wrote the most or least hits matters to promoters as much at this point as you think it does. At this point, given the majority of people who buy the tickets, as long as it mostly resembles Fleetwood Mac (aka Stevie Nicks has to be there) and they play Rumours and their other really famous non-Rumours songs, then they'll be fine.
They went on for years without Christine and the tours sold just fine. I'm sure that (when they lower prices more), the Lindsey-less tour tickets will sell fine as well. But were Christine to leave as well would just generate too much controversy. The Lindsey situation already has gotten plenty of bad press and for that to happen too would just be too much.
I agree with a lot of this--but Stevie can only twirl her way through "Gypsy" so much The reality is, IMO, the bad press they've gotten to date is likely not something they anticipated.....turns out, people ARE paying attention to a bunch of almost 70+ folks getting out on the road....KUDOS FM. Downside is---they mucked this up bad. I doubt they expected the Lindsey backlash to carry on as far and deep as it did (Hey Mick--he's an important part of your band and legacy) but it has. If Christine were to bail, so soon after rejoining, the backlash, bad press and just general malaise would be too much (and Stevie's knees couldn't handle all of the twirling to offset no Lindsey or Christine "don't look to the left or right of the stage...just watch me twirl and shake my tambo).That only goes so far..
Old 05-23-2018, 09:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Christine’s lack of name recognition is irrelevant. Her brand is “Fleetwood Mac,” not “Christine McVie.” For comparison, Robert Pollard isn’t as big a draw under his own in terms of album and ticket sales name as he is if he bills it as Guided by Voices.

Comparing the 2013 tour to the 2014-15 tour, concert goers clearly understood the difference.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-23-2018 at 09:51 PM..