User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 11:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
that's what I don't get-- gotta fire Lindsey coz we're all in a BIG RUSH TO GET ON THE ROAD and he's holding us back!!!!!!!

And now, what are they doing? They aren't even properly in rehearsals till later in summer and touring in the fall. So what exactly is it they couldn't wait for???
I think that now that they finally got rid of Lindsey, they’re shoving in his face that they’re gonna tour whenever they want. Pathetic. And I hope they fail like never before.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel75 View Post
That's it, it probably factually started our with scheduling issues, like you said the ball started rolling.....despite Lindsey wanting to tour with FM this year....then no doubt it was simply a huge ugly fight....and she said 'I can't do it. It's him or me'
Goat Coke van Butt knows which buttons to push. She has known for the past 50 + years.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Goat Coke van Butt knows which buttons to push. She has known for the past 50 + years.
Because he lets her…

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2018, 11:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Because he lets her…
Interesting comment. Care to elaborate and share your view with the class....
Old 05-22-2018, 12:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Goat Coke van Butt
I've grown accustomed to seeing such things in Homer's posts but please don't make them a regular part of your posts, too, I beg of you. The level of discourse around here is becoming unbearably low.

Old 05-22-2018, 12:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I've grown accustomed to seeing such things in Homer's posts but please don't make them a regular part of your posts, too, I beg of you. The level of discourse around here is becoming unbearably low.
The fandom of FM will never be the same again. They have done this.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
The fandom of FM will never be the same again. They have done this.
Yes they have. They finally gave her the reigns, and accepted that it's The $tevie Nick$ Show.

If she had a teaspoon of class, she would have just left the band, and stayed solo. But instead she has to end the history of the band like this.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
Thank you, Nancy. You're always so kind.
Old 05-22-2018, 02:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitzo View Post
Lindsey dominated later FM albums, largely because he was unable to have a successful solo career, and it was an outlet for his obsessive compulsive creative tendencies. This gave the recordings a certain sound but it succeeded on the girl's tunes not his. His songs on Tango and The Dance and SYW were like his solo work... unattractive and self absorbed. Come, Murrow, Family Man, anyone? WTF. Now he wanted to record with FM again, likely because he knew his solo efforts would flop. And the band voted against another album with him, dreading months of his bullying lunacy with them dancing to his overwrought tune.

As for pouring venom on a band member holy ****. Look at the grotesque accusations and characterizations of Stevie and Mick elsewhere on this board. Give your head a shake, child.
LOL! Well, in memory of rational thought, could you answer the following question: Where is the good stuff that LB blocked with his own songs? On Stevies solo albums?

Everything she has published for decades now, are previously rejected, recyled leftovers from a time when she could more or less put a song together.
She has managed to write one relativly decent song in the last 15 years and that was "Illume", oddly enough it's on a FM album, made from scratch by LB.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 05-22-2018 at 02:51 AM..
Old 05-22-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
You know, you're right. She should of had Sandy Stewart write another hit for her.

via GIPHY

That’s a point, they should have had Sandy join instead of Chris in 2004 when Stevie said she didn’t want to do another album as the only woman which let’s face it led to them hardly darkening a studio in ten years.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Yes they have. They finally gave her the reigns, and accepted that it's The $tevie Nick$ Show.

If she had a teaspoon of class, she would have just left the band, and stayed solo. But instead she has to end the history of the band like this.
Such a disgrace. If they couldn't get a long, they should have just disbanded. Legendary status still intact. INSTEAD we get a faux FM for $$$$$$. Now I'm just going to enjoy watching what they built up burn to the ground.
Old 05-22-2018, 01:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murrow View Post
That’s a point, they should have had Sandy join instead of Chris in 2004 when Stevie said she didn’t want to do another album as the only woman which let’s face it led to them hardly darkening a studio in ten years.
And daaaayuumm she jumped back into the studio when Christine came back as if it were stockpiled with animal crackers and yogurt!! I LOVE her songs on that last album..

Oh. Wait....
Old 05-22-2018, 07:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, no, no! Don't you get it??? "The BAND" can only refer to none other than their most Dylanesque member.
I don't think Stevie compares herself to Bob Dylan.
That statement was made to Lindsey, during the documentary, "Destiny Rules, in regards to how she writes in the 3rd person, first, etc.
Stevie named a very famous person as an example of writers that write in the third person, etc.
Lindsey was telling Stevie it is considered incorrect to word lyrics that way, which is silly, because she's always written that way.
I think he was trying to "correct her" as cameras were rolling.
He knew she has always written "incorrectly," so why point it out in 2003 when cameras are rolling.
Her reply "You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan," was pointing out some very respected writers also write their lyrics "incorrectly."
Fact is, some critics have dissed Dylan for his "incorrect" wording of lyrics, yet people love his songwriting, and he's very successful.
Stevie used Dylan as an example of a very respected songwriter that also writes, so called, "incorrectly."
I never felt she was saying she was as great as Bob Dylan.

Last edited by TheWildHeart67; 05-22-2018 at 07:36 PM..
Old 05-22-2018, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Lindsey dominated later FM albums, largely because he was unable to have a successful solo career, and it was an outlet for his obsessive compulsive creative tendencies. This gave the recordings a certain sound but it succeeded on the girl's tunes not his.
I don't agree.
Lindsey "dominated"(produced) the album "Tusk," strongly. Before any members had a solo career. Which at the time was dismissed but now is considered a masterpiece by critics.
He helped shape "Rumours" into the iconic album that it is.
Just because his solo music wasn't very successful, that doesn't have anything to do with his role as producer of Mac's albums.
It's been revealed by Stevie herself, that even though Lindsey was not credited as producer of "Rumours," he was very much involved in the producing of that record.
He has always been behind production of the FM sound.
Old 05-22-2018, 07:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWildHeart67 View Post
I don't think Stevie compares herself to Bob Dylan.
That statement was made to Lindsey, during the documentary, "Destiny Rules, in regards to how she writes in the 3rd person, first, etc.
Stevie named a very famous person as an example of writers that write in the third person, etc.
Lindsey was telling Stevie it is considered incorrect to word lyrics that way, which is silly, because she's always written that way.
I think her was trying to "correct her" as cameras were rolling.
He knew she has always written "incorrectly," so why point it out in 2003 when cameras are rolling.
Her reply "You wouldn't say that to Bob Dylan," was pointing out some very respected writers also write their lyrics "incorrectly."
Fact is, some critics have dissed Dylan for his "incorrect" wording of lyrics, yet people love his songwriting, and he's very successful.
Stevie used Dylan as an example of a very respected songwriter that also writes, so called, "incorrectly."
I never felt she was saying she was as great as Bob Dylan.
WildHeart67, that was from the song Thrown Down, right? What is the line in question that they were discussing in the documentary, do you remember?