User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-26-2017, 10:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Default Irving BuckVie concert - Oct 24, 2017

Great show! Wilderado was a nice, opening act with tight harmonies and playing. Reminded me a tad of Fleet Foxes. My friend and I enjoyed them.

Show started between 8:45-9pm and we were walking out to our cars at 10:30pm.

I did notice that the wierd sounds were toned down this leg. They were quite prominent when I saw them at Winstar back in August.

During, I think, Feel About You (?), Christine sang a lil part I don't remember hearing before, but granted, I haven't watched ANY vids. It was cool b/c I don't remember hearing that at Winstar.

The venue (Brand new Toyota Music Factory) allowed the first three rows up at the beginning of the show. The rest of us (we were in the fourth row) were allowed up when GYOW started. Sound was great, sitting down, but once we went to the stage, it was muffled.

Lindsey's voice shocks me, because it's still so powerful. Chris sounded really good too... stronger this leg.

What's interesting is that I really enjoyed the acoustic beginning quite a bit. Probably because I was with someone who had never seen the show before and I was excited to see her reactions. She loved it. There were people dancing and just really enjoying themselves, which was great to see. When Lindsey mentioned them doing a few more songs, people yelled out "Do I'm So Afraid again!" (No, it wasn't me. Lol), Big Love and The Chain. Dummy me, didn't yell out Carnival Begin. Arg!!

I took some pics and vids with my phone, but my phone sucks. They aren't that great. I'll try to post them soon, if I can.

I'll be seeing three more shows next month in TX. Terrific show and the venue was full but not sold out.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:16 PM

Wow!! great review. ... Even on the youtubes it sounds like Chris' voice is stronger.
Old 10-27-2017, 07:49 AM
Ledgie

Thanks for sharing! Yeah, I thought they did tone down the karaoke machine this time around, but it's still there for some parts. I did hear Christine sing out an extra "feel about you" that actually sounded like her towards the end-ish part of the song in San Jose. It did not sound like the karaoke.

Did they drop "Game of Pretend?" On Setlist.fm, it appears that they dropped it for the Midland Oct. 22 show.
Old 10-27-2017, 08:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudieCantFail View Post
Thanks for sharing! Yeah, I thought they did tone down the karaoke machine this time around, but it's still there for some parts. I did hear Christine sing out an extra "feel about you" that actually sounded like her towards the end-ish part of the song in San Jose. It did not sound like the karaoke.

Did they drop "Game of Pretend?" On Setlist.fm, it appears that they dropped it for the Midland Oct. 22 show.
Whatever show was with fire alarm they dropped it there according to tweets- not sure whether it was timing issue or they really dropped it. If they really dropped it they should replace with something else - their show was not that long to begin with.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-27-2017, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
Whatever show was with fire alarm they dropped it there according to tweets- not sure whether it was timing issue or they really dropped it. If they really dropped it they should replace with something else - their show was not that long to begin with.
Fire alarm? I did not hear about this.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Lightbulb

They did do Game of Pretend in Irving. Christine said, "Were gonna do one more, but it's not Songbird." The lady next to me groaned REALLY loud. I felt so bad for Chris.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:31 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Fire alarm? I did not hear about this.
In Jimmy Paxson's now expired IG live story, he said it had to do with someone with having a cigarette. I guess someone was smoking or something?
Old 10-27-2017, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
They did do Game of Pretend in Irving. Christine said, "Were gonna do one more, but it's not Songbird." The lady next to me groaned REALLY loud. I felt so bad for Chris.
Then she belongs at a FM show, not BV. I'm proud that they're doing 8 of the new songs!
Old 10-27-2017, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Then she belongs at a FM show, not BV. I'm proud that they're doing 8 of the new songs!
I feel they should open with On With the Show (full band section)

And close w/ Carnival Begin
Old 10-27-2017, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
On Stern today they were talking about this same thing. Kid Rock was in the studio and he said he knows his fans only want the hits so he only plays them the hits. He said he refused to put his fans through new music.
Then Robin said she just saw Paul McCartney in concert and Paul said something like, "I know this is the bathroom break because we are doing new songs but its ok if you don't like them because we like the play them" Or something like that .
Old 10-27-2017, 03:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I feel they should open with On With the Show (full band section)

And close w/ Carnival Begin
OWTS is the catchiest song on BV. Why the HELL aren't they playing it?

I wish I had the love that y'all do for Carnival....it just doesn't thrill me. I like it, but...meh!
Old 10-30-2017, 07:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Buckingham McVie- Irving, TX-October 24, 2017 torrent

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-d....php?id=604647

Buckingham McVie
Irving Music Factory
Irving, TX
October 24, 2017
“Bi-Mac”
Taper:V4TX
DPA4061>Edirol R9>Sony CDRW66>CDR>FLAC
Disc 1 is an analog mono split of the left channel. Disc 2 is a digital transfer of both channels.

Disc 1-mono
1. Trouble-w/audience chatter
2. Wish You Were Here
3. Never Going Back Again
4. Shut Us Down
5. Sleeping Around The Corner
6. Feel About You
7. In My World
8. Too Far Gone
9. Hold Me
10. fade out

Disc 2-stereo
1. disc 1 overlap
2. Little Lies
3. Tusk
4. Love Is Here To Stay w/ some drop outs
5. Red Sun
6. You Make Lovin' Fun
7. I'm So Afraid
8. Go Your Own way
9. Everywhere
10. Lay Down For Free
11. Game Of Pretend

Had a bit o' trouble with the rig at the show, which cost me the right channel for much of the first 40 minutes. Finally figured out where the source of the issue was and got it fixed by the end of Hold Me. Since I am not an Audacity expert yet, I didn't attempt any fixes via that program. What I did was make a mono transfer of the left channel via analog cables for disc one. Disc two was done via an optic cable and you get both channels. There are a few brief dropouts in track four. If anyone wants to PM me feel free, and maybe someone can work with the original 48/24 files. This is a really nice recording. It starts out with a bit of audience chatter in track one. Luckily I was able to move away from the talkers, and after about 20 minutes the audience is very quiet on the recording. This was made easier by the fact that so few people were at this how to begin with. I did tweak the sound a bit for my ears. The venue is a bass haven, so I tried to reduce that. Tracks done on the fly so they are not perfect. If you eliminate the last track on disc one, and the first track on disc two, you should get a continuous recording. Enjoy.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 10-30-2017, 08:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Awesome!

I can't download torrents. 😞

Would some kind soul transfer to files I could download? I'd love ya forever!!
Old 10-30-2017, 08:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up Texas shows next month

I will definitely let them know we wanna hear those next month.

I DO wanna hear the new stuff and I want them to know that.
Old 10-30-2017, 01:19 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I can't download torrents. 😞

Would some kind soul transfer to files I could download? I'd love ya forever!!
Same here! I might just be technologically challenged, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the torrent to download.