User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-14-2020, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
Stevie's round of interviews continues with one in The Guardian here in the UK - not much sign here of any rapprochement:

'Has she spoken to Buckingham since he left? “No.” Do you really think you’ll never appear on stage with him again? “Probably never.” Really? “Uh-uh,” she says, indicating a firm no.

She says people always ask the band: “‘Do you get along?’ We’d go: ‘Not really.’ They’d say: ‘Are you friends?’ and we’d go: ‘Not really.’ ‘Do you see each other when you’re not on tour?’ ‘Er, no.’ It has been like that since 1976.”'

https://www.theguardian.com/music/20...a-satanic-cult

Once again an example of Stevie's selective memory / spin.

Sometimes that's how SHE'D answer, especially if she was mad at Lindsey (and moreso after she became a bona fide solo success and wasn't as dependent on him).

On the other hand, SHE was the one who insisted on pandering to the shippers and choreographing all sorts of bull-doody hand-holding onstage AND during publicity interviews for several of the tours before Chris came back, the longing gazes onstage, dropping those tantalizing "you never know" sorts of answers in interviews, "Lindsey and I will always love each other on some level" "We get to re-live our romance onstage" "I was the girl who loved him for all the right reasons" "One day when one of us dies the other one will be sitting on a bed alone" blah blah blah

MANY of us knew for years and years that she was spouting nonsense meant to sell tickets. But her spin worked and many thought there was still something between them. So for her to act like "We TOLD everyone for years that we were not close so why are you all surprised now" is a bs attempt at gaslighting.

And besides LB, what about all the "Mick and I are so close" "Mick and I hang out and watch movies together" "Mick and I get together in Maui" "Mick is one of my closest friends" "Mick and I will be besties forever"

Maybe she's finally old enough to finally drop the mask and reveal the truth, that she was only ever in it for the money and the fame and "I'll never be the one to break up this band" well....she finally decided she's ok with that after all.
Old 10-14-2020, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don’t want to say it, but this sounds shippy.

I agree with what Elle said about the last time fans speculated that a new album was coming, Mick and Stevie were actually planning to kick Lindsey out of the band. Even so, I am asking if this refers to the Lindsman.

It’s like there are people that I really need to call that are important to me that I have not called

.”
Could be Mike. He did say after all he wrote some tracks and sent them to her and so far she hasn't responded.

Could be Sharon and/or Lori... neither is quarantining with her.

Could be any number of old boyfriends.....

I just don't see her categorizing LB as "people that are really important to me". She could figure, "Hey, he's got a wife and kids, let them worry over him, takes more burden off of me". Call me cynical. She no longer sees a financial need to deal with him, so she's done.
Old 10-14-2020, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Could be Mike. He did say after all he wrote some tracks and sent them to her and so far she hasn't responded.

I just don't see her categorizing LB as "people that are really important to me". She could figure, "Hey, he's got a wife and kids, let them worry over him, takes more burden off of me". Call me cynical. She no longer sees a financial need to deal with him, so she's done.
He's so important she's tells the world that she'll probably never share a stage with him again. "uh uh".
Old 10-14-2020, 01:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
It's interesting she talks about her abortion. I was thinking lately about her never having children even though she said she wanted them as far back as the Rolling Stone Rumours interview. She said she was so busy with her career. that it was impossible. Sorry, I don't buy that. Madonna had children, J-Lo, Brittany Spears. I could go on and on. I believe it was her lifestyle of drugs and partying that kept her from having kids. She couldn't stop cocaine long enough or stop pills or drinking long enough. And yes, she is famous, but not in the same vein as Madonna or others. It was the drugs that took a lot away from her. She could have done so many more albums with and without Fleetwood Mac. And now, I see a lonely woman, who lives in the past, only wanting to tour. Not interested in doing anything new. I doubt we see the Rhiannon project.
I agree. It's true stars are always very busy. But that doesn't make "impossible" to have children. Anyway, if something positive can be obtained from there, it's that it was a wise decision not to have children while being an addict.

And I don't buy Mick's "We had the greatest talk. It was like we’d just spoken five minutes ago". Yeah, sure. After the demand and that Buckingham claimed that he lost an estimated $12 million in upcoming tour ???
Old 10-14-2020, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

This makes me so sad. There's nothing worse than a bitter old woman or man. She's filling that role beautifully.
But at least she's not claiming that her and Christine are like sisters any longer.

Michele
Old 10-14-2020, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post

I don't think she sees any of those people as Fleetwood Mac, not Mike and I think she sees Sharon and Lori as hers more than FM's.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But at least she's not claiming that her and Christine are like sisters any longer.

Michele
Agreed. It kind of makes me wonder what happened. After the 2018 tour wrapped up was there talk about making new music and Stevie had issues with that AGAIN? Hence, what appears to be some ice between her and the rest of the band?

What happened between the email where everyone was keeping in touch to mid pandemic and nobody is talking.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I totally buy they had the greatest talk and I would suspect subsequent talks since.

New age Lindsey is much more forgiving and wanting. Mick having not talked to Stevie since December, is sensing that Lindsey is his path forward post pandemic, and despite what many want to believe, in my uneducated opinion, I think Mick and Lindsey have a pull to each other, and Lindsey has a soft spot for Mick. Tango 1985-1987, Solo sessions in 1996, The Dance in 1997, Say You Will 2001-2004, FM into Buckingham McVie 2012-2017. He always becomes drawn to Mick. I am quite sure Lindsey pays Mick for those studio sessions for anything other than Fleetwood Mac branded outcomes.

Mick sees at the very least a viable Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey and Christine fronting it, knowing that Lindsey will want the FIVE together again, and it will be Lindsey who will show up at Stevie's door, heart in hand.

As I wrote earlier, Lindsey feels pain and for him relieving the pain, is at the very least being the last band leader of Fleetwood Mac and at most the one who brought the FIVE to the FRONT one last time.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post

Further, for the prior 21 years he was the band's driving force and frankly why it came back to life and then thrived during its revenue making heyday, post Stevie's temporary career crater, Mick's bankruptcy(s), Christine's departure. The Dance does not happen. Say You Will and its 130 date tour does not happen. 2009, 2013, 2014-2015 tours don't happen and the band becomes so irrelevant, there is no chance the financially successful revamped 2018-2019 tour takes place. In his mind, Fleetwood Mac had become his band and I am sure he at times became overbearing and controlling, but he was also essentially given the power. As Stevie, famously said, Fleetwood Mac is a democracy, we all get a vote, except Lindsey, he get's two. They empowered him, he became the big (well really skinny) daddy. Then the family left him.

He had a heart attack, he had open heart surgery, his children are getting older. The youngest will graduate high school in 2022. In my opinion he sees his mortality and he may prioritize his need to reconnect with his estranged band family and he needs to be part of the final incarnation of Fleetwood Mac for his posterity, legacy and peaceful closure.
I agree it must have been a shock to his system. He realized since they wouldn't make new music that they didn't need him any longer in the studio. Even if they did agree to make another album, Stevie probably wouldn't want him to play the producing role that he had in the past.

But it seemed that they would still need him on stage. I certainly thought so. I felt he was such a powerhouse, so energetic still. Mick would comment on how he never left the floor. I couldn't envision their show without him. I felt that Stevie has been miffed that he upstaged her ever since the SYW tour, but on the other hand, I thought she liked the fact that she had a lot of time backstage and could change her clothes, sip some tea and then return and dazzle her fans without straining herself too much physically. It gave her so much more money and exposure than her solo shows, but for less work. That's why I thought the live shows still gave him leverage. With Christine's return, I didn't think that would suggest to Mick and Stevie that they could tour with two songwriters. I could not have foreseen that she would kick him out and I guess Lindsey didn't either. He didn't know that he was expendable.

Willy Loman, Death of a Salesman.
Old 10-14-2020, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I totally buy they had the greatest talk and I would suspect subsequent talks since.

New age Lindsey is much more forgiving and wanting. Mick having not talked to Stevie since December, is sensing that Lindsey is his path forward post pandemic, and despite what many want to believe, in my uneducated opinion, I think Mick and Lindsey have a pull to each other, and Lindsey has a soft spot for Mick. Tango 1985-1987, Solo sessions in 1996, The Dance in 1997, Say You Will 2001-2004, FM into Buckingham McVie 2012-2017. He always becomes drawn to Mick. I am quite sure Lindsey pays Mick for those studio sessions for anything other than Fleetwood Mac branded outcomes.
I had long felt that Mick and Lindsey genuinely loved each other and I still think that Lindsey cares for Mick. Even after leaving the band, Lindsey attended Mick's wedding. He had a soft spot for him. Mick may have been high, but he was in the studio with Lindsey all day and all night long. He made Tusk possible. I thought they were rooted together. I didn't think Mick would do what he did. Now, I just don't credit Mick with any feeling any longer.

For Lindsey, I believe the sentiment is still there.

Paul McCartney once described how he just kind of lightly rubbed George Harrison's wrist at the end. And that always got to me. I thought, you know, I thought maybe Mick and Lindsey had something like that.
Old 10-14-2020, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[/QUOTE] Paul McCartney once described how he just kind of lightly rubbed George Harrison's wrist at the end. And that always got to me. I thought, you know, I thought maybe Mick and Lindsey had something like that.[/QUOTE]

They do....
Old 10-14-2020, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had long felt that Mick and Lindsey genuinely loved each other and I still think that Lindsey cares for Mick. Even after leaving the band, Lindsey attended Mick's wedding. He had a soft spot for him. Mick may have been high, but he was in the studio with Lindsey all day and all night long. He made Tusk possible. I thought they were rooted together. I didn't think Mick would do what he did. Now, I just don't credit Mick with any feeling any longer.

For Lindsey, I believe the sentiment is still there.
during 2018 tour meet and greets, Lindsey would tell us that "Mick is weak" and that he also thinks Mick is "too embarrassed" to talk to him after succumbing to Stevie's pressure to break up the band.

so yes, Lindsey still probably cares for Mick.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-14-2020, 04:58 PM

Quote:

Michele
Christine probably asked to stop doing that.
Old 10-14-2020, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
during 2018 tour meet and greets, Lindsey would tell us that "Mick is weak" and that he also thinks Mick is "too embarrassed" to talk to him after succumbing to Stevie's pressure to break up the band.

so yes, Lindsey still probably cares for Mick.
I've been saying all along, the source of the problem is $$$tarry Nicks.

$he used her pull to Trump Mick, McVies and Mgmt. She played her ace. And $he used it to rip the band into what $he wanted it to be.

Blame Mick, Christine, John if you want. But, $he tied their hands. Many Millions of dollars that many many people count on were held in this so called "star's" hands. And she let her overblown ego, her soulless personality, and her long brewing vengeance make a move that ruined the legacy of the Rumours 5.

.........but yet she still uses it to gain relevance.

Last edited by jbrownsjr; 10-14-2020 at 07:49 PM..
Old 10-14-2020, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Mick sees at the very least a viable Fleetwood Mac with Lindsey and Christine fronting it,
well said.

and then you went off to the imaginary land:
Quote:
I knowing that Lindsey will want the FIVE together again, and it will be Lindsey who will show up at Stevie's door, heart in hand.

As I wrote earlier, Lindsey feels pain and for him relieving the pain, is at the very least being the last band leader of Fleetwood Mac and at most the one who brought the FIVE to the FRONT one last time.
no Lindsey will not show up at Stevie's door. she would have to come begging. and she won't because she has it all now as far as career goes, and she doesn't need the other 4.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"