Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling View Post
Kicking myself for not buying tickets when I had the chance.

But on the up side, if it happens, hopefully she'll have a positive enough experience to consider doing more with the band in future. I'm fairly dying to hear her on another album, even if it's just backing vocals or something small. I'll take anything at this point!
Ditto.. But we always have scalpers.. I thought to myself, "Boy if you really want something bad enough, you'll find a way."

It's so refreshing to see how many people appreciate Christine McVie's contributions to FMac. I often thought I was in a very small minority for a bit there.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Ditto.. But we always have scalpers.. I thought to myself, "Boy if you really want something bad enough, you'll find a way."

It's so refreshing to see how many people appreciate Christine McVie's contributions to FMac. I often thought I was in a very small minority for a bit there.
Funny you should mention that, as it's exactly what the friend I was planning on going with said. Scalpers!

I'm supposed to be in London at the end of September anyway, so if it comes down to it, I will probably sell a vital organ and make it happen. Knowing my luck, I'll do that, and she'll decide not to go on!

And I don't believe we're in the minority at all. I have many friends who could be considered "casual" Fleetwood Mac fans, and they openly talk about how much they miss her being part of the band. After SYW, I think lots of people gained perspective on how important she is. That whole "don't know what you've got 'til it's gone," thing and all.
Old 04-05-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Funny you should mention that, as it's exactly what the friend I was planning on going with said. Scalpers!

I'm supposed to be in London at the end of September anyway, so if it comes down to it, I will probably sell a vital organ and make it happen. Knowing my luck, I'll do that, and she'll decide not to go on!

And I don't believe we're in the minority at all. I have many friends who could be considered "casual" Fleetwood Mac fans, and they openly talk about how much they miss her being part of the band. After SYW, I think lots of people gained perspective on how important she is. That whole "don't know what you've got 'til it's gone," thing and all.
Yeah, I always thought another Buckingham/Nicks album would be awesome. But sadly it didn't do much for me. There's some magic in there but it seems so discombobulated as an album. Say Goodbye is an amazing tune. I feel that magic in places.

In The Meantime has a lot more of those magic moments for me. She had some nice soaring vocals and harmonies. She had those warm keyboards dashed with some of the McVie rhythm. She covered her nephew's composition "Calamy". The closing track, "Givin it Back" is very very (McVie/Buckingham). I love opening tunes Friend and You Are. There's some discombobulation on In the Meantime as well, but her album is so much more relaxed and warm. And So Sincere..
Old 04-05-2013, 06:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I always thought another Buckingham/Nicks album would be awesome. But sadly it didn't do much for me. There's some magic in there but it seems so discombobulated as an album. Say Goodbye is an amazing tune. I feel that magic in places.

In The Meantime has a lot more of those magic moments for me. She had some nice soaring vocals and harmonies. She had those warm keyboards dashed with some of the McVie rhythm. She covered her nephew's composition "Calamy". The closing track, "Givin it Back" is very very (McVie/Buckingham). I love opening tunes Friend and You Are. There's some discombobulation on In the Meantime as well, but her album is so much more relaxed and warm. And So Sincere..
In TOTAL agreement with you on ITM having more magic moments than SYW which, though strong, seemed like a collection of songs by two very different writers whose styles don't seem to mesh completely. There are so many more Fleetwood Mac-like moments on ITM! The ones you mentioned are highlights, of course. ("Givin' it Back" in particular would have strengthened any Rumours-era lineup album.) I also love "Forgiveness"--such a great tune and so well sung.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
In TOTAL agreement with you on ITM having more magic moments than SYW which, though strong, seemed like a collection of songs by two very different writers whose styles don't seem to mesh completely. There are so many more Fleetwood Mac-like moments on ITM! The ones you mentioned are highlights, of course. ("Givin' it Back" in particular would have strengthened any Rumours-era lineup album.) I also love "Forgiveness"--such a great tune and so well sung.
Forgiveness has grown into this amazing pop/rock piece for me!! I love the key she sings it on... "but once in a while I'm thrown into that dark place.............. that you reside." "trapped!" it's such a great contrast to the chorus and reminds me of Aretha a little bit...
Old 04-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ahhhhhh, it's all about "Forgiveness" for me on ITM! I love a lot of songs from that album, but "Forgiveness" is on a whole other level. Just the way the end contrasts with the rest of the song, it's so beautiful.

This isn't to say that I abhorred SYW; in fact, there were a lot of special moments on that album for me. Oddly enough (and I may get stoned here in the Chris forum admitting it), most of the songs that grabbed me were Lindsey's (ducking for cover!) In fact, "Red Rover" is probably my favourite on the whole album.

But yes, it felt like two solo records slapped into one. It was a long album, and even still, I didn't come away feeling sated. There was this hollow place in the middle of it all, the place where Chris should have been.

I think what makes me sad about SYW is that it's a "good" album that had the potential to be "great," if only Christine had present. I imagine what she could have brought to Lindsey and Stevie's songs, to say nothing of what they might have done with hers, and it upsets me a bit.

But moving on. . .I'll never give up hope that we'll hear her on a Mac album once again. 2014? My fingers and toes are crossed!
Old 04-06-2013, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Ahhhhhh, it's all about "Forgiveness" for me on ITM! I love a lot of songs from that album, but "Forgiveness" is on a whole other level. Just the way the end contrasts with the rest of the song, it's so beautiful.

This isn't to say that I abhorred SYW; in fact, there were a lot of special moments on that album for me. Oddly enough (and I may get stoned here in the Chris forum admitting it), most of the songs that grabbed me were Lindsey's (ducking for cover!) In fact, "Red Rover" is probably my favourite on the whole album.

But yes, it felt like two solo records slapped into one. It was a long album, and even still, I didn't come away feeling sated. There was this hollow place in the middle of it all, the place where Chris should have been.

I think what makes me sad about SYW is that it's a "good" album that had the potential to be "great," if only Christine had present. I imagine what she could have brought to Lindsey and Stevie's songs, to say nothing of what they might have done with hers, and it upsets me a bit.

But moving on. . .I'll never give up hope that we'll hear her on a Mac album once again. 2014? My fingers and toes are crossed!
That would be so amazing to have 2 Christine tunes, 2 Stevie, 2 Lindsey on the next EP.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default I posted this back in February 10th

Told you:

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...6&postcount=19
Old 04-07-2013, 12:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I LOVE Red Rover! It's my favorite Lindsey song on SYW.

So glad others love Forgiveness, too. It's such a great song!
Old 04-07-2013, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I LOVE Red Rover! It's my favorite Lindsey song on SYW.

So glad others love Forgiveness, too. It's such a great song!
I like Red Rover too..
Old 04-07-2013, 05:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie talked about why they aren't doing more of Christine's song this go round and said:

Quote:
The unfortunate thing is we haven't fared well in doing [retired Mac keyboardist-singer Christine McVie's] songs. We don't sound like Chris. I don't sound good singing lead on her songs. Lindsey doesn't sound good singing lead on her songs... Her songs don't really play a major part in this, but her songs play a major part in the whole thing."
Old 04-10-2013, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I like Red Rover too..
Me, too! It's my favorite on the album.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post
If she does a show I reckon she'll do Don't Stop at the O2 on the 27 Sep

Gail
I see the 27th is a Friday too. I have to agree with you that that's the most likely date.

Michele
Old 04-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I really don't know what to believe anymore. Journalists write too much nonsense just for gossip's sake. Unfortunately, this is what I read some days ago, but I hope they are wrong for all the people who will be lucky enough to go to the London concerts, hoping to see her:

Quote:
Christine McVie Not Returning to Fleetwood Mac

It appears that Fleetwood Mac drummer Mick Fleetwood has been instructed to stop trying to get Christine McVie to return to the band. McVie was part of their highly successful reunion tour captured on 1998′s ‘The Dance,’ but opted out when they reconvened in 2003 to work on a new album (‘Say You Will’) and tour, as has not been back since.

“I’ve had to agree to stop asking her,” Fleetwood told the U.K. Telegraph.

This nullifies last week’s news about Miss McVie possibly rejoining the group. “I’m seeing Chris here in London,” Fleetwood said. “And even though she loathes flying and she’s never been back to the United States since the day she left, she is getting on a plane and flying to Hawaii with me.” Fleetwood was hoping that seeing the group would re-kindle the desire to back on the road, but it certainly sounds as if McVie has no interest in returning.

In the meantime, the Mac are certainly keeping busy. They are wrapping up work on new material, getting ready for a major tour, and have just re-released their landmark ‘Rumours’ album in a deluxe package.
Source: http://ultimateclassicrock.com/chris...fleetwood-mac/