User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2019, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

She had wanted him out of the band since The Dance.
She's probably wanted to kill him since the seventies, but I don't think she's wanted him out of the band until the last few years, maybe after Christine returned.

She didn't want him to leave in 1987 and she wanted them all together for The Dance and after. If Christine had been with them when SYW came out and she was still mad at him about the recording process, then I suppose she would have started wanting him out of the band then. But Christine wasn't there and she lacked options. If they were going to tour as FM, they needed at least two of the singers. So, she realized he was needed in FM. Maybe if she got Sheryl Crow in and the fans really liked Crow, then she would have started trying to push Lindsey out then. But as it was, I don't think she really envisioned or wanted FM without him until Christine returned.

Christine came back, he kept pushing for a new album and getting on her nerves. He kept foolishly thinking he was still her equal. Heads had to roll.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Why people have the need to trash Neil Finn and Mike Campbell is completely beyond my comprehension.

I could somewhat understand people who were shippers... but Lindsey cult seem to really be into trashing them, and that is just weird.
If this had happened to Robert Pollard, we'd see a different Steve, singing a different tune. Oh, there'd be blood on the dance floor then.
Old 03-14-2019, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
She's probably wanted to kill him since the seventies, but I don't think she's wanted him out of the band until the last few years, maybe after Christine returned.

She didn't want him to leave in 1987 and she wanted them all together for The Dance and after. If Christine had been with them when SYW came out and she was still mad at him about the recording process, then I suppose she would have started wanting him out of the band then. But Christine wasn't there and she lacked options. If they were going to tour as FM, they needed at least two of the singers. So, she realized he was needed in FM. Maybe if she got Sheryl Crow in and the fans really liked Crow, then she would have started trying to push Lindsey out then. But as it was, I don't think she really envisioned or wanted FM without him until Christine returned.

Christine came back, he kept pushing for a new album and getting on her nerves. He kept foolishly thinking he was still her equal. Heads had to roll.
I agree with this. But I also think he’s wanted to kill her too. Who knows what the final straw was. If it really was just a smirk, she is well and truly insane. There is a fine line between love and hate. And I do think even now, they both love and hate each other. The lack of any reference of Lindsey by the band of him being a crucial and critical part of this band’s legacy is almost sociopathic. It really makes my wonder if they are truly discounting all of this and when they tour is over, they think they can call him up as if this last year (year and a half by the time this tour is finally over) never happened?
Old 03-14-2019, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
I agree with this. But I also think he’s wanted to kill her too.
I don't think he's wanted to kill her since the eighties. He's been more focused on trying to get her to make albums, after that. Michele
Old 03-14-2019, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceLover View Post
I mean, they've done worse to each other. The last break up was physical. I know they are much older know, and I think much smarter (and sober). I think they realize the importance of reflection and what it means to end on a good note. I'm not saying its going to be easy or even quick, but I don't see this as a complete end.

What is Stevie going to do? Tour solo forever? She definitely has at least 5 more good years in her.

I really think if Lindsey fully heals, they'll reconcile.
Worse than this? I don't think so. They could have become physical but words (or lack of them) sometimes can hurt more.

Lindsey realizes the importance of reflection. He wanted to talk. Stevie? Not so much. As long as she has her yes people around her, she doesn't care about Lindsey.

I wish I have your optimism. But I doubt it will happen.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-14-2019, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Christine should have never come back.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-14-2019, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Christine should have never come back.
I can't agree with that. I would have felt incomplete if she'd never returned. But I had no idea that it would end this way.
Old 03-14-2019, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
I don't mean to say they feel contrite or responsible, but I bet they all regretted it as soon as Lindsey had a heart attack.
there was certainly nothing they did in public to show that regret so i really don't know what people are basing such opinions on. that they might be decent people? we already saw over the last year they are not.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2019, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know, about Christine, unless she just totally hates Lindsey's guts, what is her problem??

I mean, she's kind of bullet proof. What could Stevie have done to her if she didn't take Stevie's side? Stevie could refuse to tour, but let's be honest, Stevie wants the FM money as well. If she flounced off and refused to tour, she would only hold out another year and then she'd cave in and do another tour, even if she said she wouldn't. But refusing to tour is the only power Stevie has over Christine.

Stevie can't push Christine out of the band, because she'd look awful. What would that do to her public image, mistreating another woman who is a musician (unlike Stevie), who is responsible for some of the band's hookiest (if not deepest) tunes, who is older than Stevie and who is not widely thought to be as sexy. I mean, Christine looks great to me, but I mean the general public. Stevie would look like the "mean girl" and self-centered bully if she tried to get rid of Christine. So, Christine could basically curse Stevie out and say she would never agree to firing Lindsey. Stevie would have no recourse. Why couldn't Christine just stand up to her.

Christine used to tell people off all the time. Remember how Mick said that Stevie tried to throw a tantrum because she wasn't on Tango and Christine told her off and said the reason she wasn't on Tango was because she wasn't there? Christine made Stevie pipe down. She was like, "I'm sorry you're not on Tango. I wanted you on my Tango songs, but YOU WEREN'T HERE, SO SHUT UP." She had no problem treating Stevie like the little sister that you had to tell to be quiet.

I guess being away from the band for so long made her feel that she had to be humble and meek when she returned. She had to be grateful to them for letting her back, but FORGET that.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Well, I think that old age HAS caught her(as in when Lindsey called her fragile). I think she's getting shaky in her confidence and mobility. Yes, we know that she SHOULD have stopped it, but she didn't. Yet, unless she's a completely doddering old incompetent fool, I'll always hold her partially to blame.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You know, about Christine, unless she just totally hates Lindsey's guts, what is her problem??

I mean, she's kind of bullet proof. What could Stevie have done to her if she didn't take Stevie's side? Stevie could refuse to tour, but let's be honest, Stevie wants the FM money as well. If she flounced off and refused to tour, she would only hold out another year and then she'd cave in and do another tour, even if she said she wouldn't. But refusing to tour is the only power Stevie has over Christine.

Stevie can't push Christine out of the band, because she'd look awful. What would that do to her public image, mistreating another woman who is a musician (unlike Stevie), who is responsible for some of the band's hookiest (if not deepest) tunes, who is older than Stevie and who is not widely thought to be as sexy. I mean, Christine looks great to me, but I mean the general public. Stevie would look like the "mean girl" and self-centered bully if she tried to get rid of Christine. So, Christine could basically curse Stevie out and say she would never agree to firing Lindsey. Stevie would have no recourse. Why couldn't Christine just stand up to her.

Christine used to tell people off all the time. Remember how Mick said that Stevie tried to throw a tantrum because she wasn't on Tango and Christine told her off and said the reason she wasn't on Tango was because she wasn't there? Christine made Stevie pipe down. She was like, "I'm sorry you're not on Tango. I wanted you on my Tango songs, but YOU WEREN'T HERE, SO SHUT UP." She had no problem treating Stevie like the little sister that you had to tell to be quiet.

I guess being away from the band for so long made her feel that she had to be humble and meek when she returned. She had to be grateful to them for letting her back, but FORGET that.

I think this is it, 100%. She feels "lucky" that they let her return, and I would be willing to bet that she feels like she lost her place in the pecking order when she left.

I do agree with you though........where is the woman who would have slapped Stevie silly, when Stevie started her temper tantrum to get rid of Lindsey?? It's just ridiculous that she hasn't spoken to Lindsey, that any of them, esp after the medical crisis, haven't reached out to him. It's beyond anything I could have ever expected. I thought these were decent people, well was I wrong. Lindsey seems to be the only one who has any sense and morals and kindness.

And for those who will say that he must have done something............no, he didn't, or we would have heard about it right away. The remaining band members (minus Neil and Mike-although Mike doesn't have a full pass from me yet) are horrible human beings. No matter how you look at this.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
And for those who will say that he must have done something............no, he didn't, or we would have heard about it right away. The remaining band members (minus Neil and Mike-although Mike doesn't have a full pass from me yet) are horrible human beings. No matter how you look at this.
we'll see what Christine says in that Mojo interview coming out next week. if she throws Lindsey under the bus than all the excuses we are trying to come up with in here are swept away. you can only be complacent so much, before you are as bad as people you are appeasing.

as for Lindsey, we know he was never perfect, and we know he has gotten way better and mellower with years.

someone described to me their kid who's been identified by the school as incredibly smart and ahead of their age but also on autistic spectrum, as high functioning. this kid is mostly doing amazing, but is a perfectionist and when frustrated with something they deeply care about but others do less than perfect loses the patience and throws disruptive tantrums. sounds familiar?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2019, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If this had happened to Robert Pollard, we'd see a different Steve, singing a different tune. Oh, there'd be blood on the dance floor then.
Bob getting fired from GbV would be like John Mayall getting fired from the Bluesbreakers, Stan Webb getting fired from Chicken Shack, or Neil Finn getting fired from Crowded House. Those bands are based solely around one artist and the other members are employees.

That’s never been the case with Fleetwood Mac. Peter Green went out of his way to make sure of that.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-14-2019, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I think this is it, 100%. She feels "lucky" that they let her return, and I would be willing to bet that she feels like she lost her place in the pecking order when she left.

I do agree with you though........where is the woman who would have slapped Stevie silly, when Stevie started her temper tantrum to get rid of Lindsey?? It's just ridiculous that she hasn't spoken to Lindsey, that any of them, esp after the medical crisis, haven't reached out to him. It's beyond anything I could have ever expected. I thought these were decent people, well was I wrong. Lindsey seems to be the only one who has any sense and morals and kindness.

I also think she feels she owes Mick some loyalty, but she didn't need to trash Lindsey on a magazine to show some of that. What are they gonna do? Go on and on until they finish him?

They wanted to fire him because "oh, poor Stevie! She can't work with him anymore!", fine. But once they did it, why the need to diminish his legacy and bad mouth him on every interview? Would love for some of their fans to answer me that.

He didn't do anything but being Lindsey. They're certainly not covering him up. They just got tired of him being him, that's all. Fantastic people indeed.
Old 03-14-2019, 10:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
someone described to me their kid who's been identified by the school as incredibly smart and ahead of their age but also on autistic spectrum, as high functioning. this kid is mostly doing amazing, but is a perfectionist and when frustrated with something they deeply care about but others do less than perfect loses the patience and throws disruptive tantrums. sounds familiar?
It obviously sounds like Lindsey, but also Danny Kirwan.

THE Stephen Hopkins