User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-19-2010, 05:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
My husband is the most beautiful man ever...huge storm-blue eyes, killer bod, salt n pepper andersoncooper cut.
i thought storm clouds were grey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy-Rhiannon View Post
Is this just a thread for Ethan to tell us who he's lusting after right now?

And right now I would say the most beautiful woman imo is the actress Elizabeth Mitchell. I have a total girl crush on her
i think she'd be a lot prettier if she hadn't hacked away at her nose and f*cked with her lips so much. her face looks artificial to me now, even though there's clearly a lot of natural beauty there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
Not in the least. Honestly? I'm having a hard time explaining this because I only apply it to myself. I don't hold anyone to the standards I hold myself to, thank god. I don't think it's wrong to really compliment someone. And it isn't wrong to accept one. Speaking only for myself, though, sometimes a compliment that focuses on that single thing is actually harder to take, because it's one thing. It's not like, "you're 100% pretty" it's "well... your hair is nice." See what I mean?
but you have such a nice personality!

i get where you are coming from, as i used to be really self conscious about my appearance. but now, if someone wants to say i'm hot (as the lecherous hispanic men at work frequently do ... and btw, PC police, if you're out there, i mean lecherous AND hispanic, not lecherous BECAUSE they're hispanic, k?), i own it and agree. f*cking right i'm hot. who cares if somebody else thinks i'm not?

i am not conventionally pretty, movie star pretty, or any of that. but i have enough casual sex to not give a f*ck. attitude can make up for a lot of physical deficiencies.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
but i have enough casual sex to not give a f*ck. attitude can make up for a lot of physical deficiencies.
Srsly, you could have me just for that line, bb.
You're so like me
Old 07-19-2010, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
oh the stories i could tell.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeAWillow View Post
Sassy! I'm next in line .
Old 07-19-2010, 05:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have an odd tendency to find "prettiness" where someone else may not. I'm not sure why.

Good lord, is this true:
Quote:
It's a double edged sword: If you say you're attractive, then the knee jerk reaction from some people is that you must be conceited. Downplaying it might make people think you are truly not aware of what you are (thus, maybe dumb?), or it might aggravate them even more if they think you're playing dumb.
I also think that if someone is pretty, but the self-esteem doesn't match, she may be perceived as someone who is fishing for compliments. I wish I had understood how pretty I was in my younger years. I really struggled with self esteem for many years. Only now, in my 40s, do I have an air of confidence that probably doesn't even match the reality! (Ala Elaine in Seinfeld, "...is it possible I'm not as attractive as I think I am?')

Quote:
Alternately, if someone comes out and says they're ugly or that they feel that way, it's almost guaranteed that someone will try to dissuade them. So... looking at it like that, if you want to be black and white about it, then it seems no one can comment on their own appearance.
I believe that we all are capable of finding beauty in people when the reality may be different . I had a boyfriend once that I found pretty physically unattractive at first sight. After getting to know him, I became really attracted to him and ended up with him for 5+ years.

I'm glad this thread turned out to be more involved than Ethan's friend who really is "quite the piece."
Old 07-19-2010, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
I have an odd tendency to find "prettiness" where someone else may not. I'm not sure why.
I'm somewhat the same way, I guess it has something to do with seeing deeper than what the outside shows.

Quote:
I believe that we all are capable of finding beauty in people when the reality may be different . I had a boyfriend once that I found pretty physically unattractive at first sight. After getting to know him, I became really attracted to him and ended up with him for 5+ years.
I felt the exact same way with Debbie, but deeper down she was more beautiful than what physically could be seen (Same can be said for Christy C. - though someone needs her to see within instead of WHAT appears in the mirror)

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-19-2010, 06:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
but you have such a nice personality!

i get where you are coming from, as i used to be really self conscious about my appearance. but now, if someone wants to say i'm hot (as the lecherous hispanic men at work frequently do ... and btw, PC police, if you're out there, i mean lecherous AND hispanic, not lecherous BECAUSE they're hispanic, k?), i own it and agree. f*cking right i'm hot. who cares if somebody else thinks i'm not?

i am not conventionally pretty, movie star pretty, or any of that. but i have enough casual sex to not give a f*ck. attitude can make up for a lot of physical deficiencies.
Great, not only are you a liar, but you're racist too.

I care because I want everyone to think I'm hot. A lofty goal, but seriously, I'm nothing if I don't have looks. That's why it bothers me so much that I don't have them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
II also think that if someone is pretty, but the self-esteem doesn't match, she may be perceived as someone who is fishing for compliments. I wish I had understood how pretty I was in my younger years. I really struggled with self esteem for many years. Only now, in my 40s, do I have an air of confidence that probably doesn't even match the reality! (Ala Elaine in Seinfeld, "...is it possible I'm not as attractive as I think I am?')
Occasionally I wonder if I fall into that first category, or will eventually. I'm afraid I might look at pictures in 20 years and realize I wasted a lot of time being self conscious. However, this is an unlikely scenario since we all know about 2012.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Occasionally I wonder if I fall into that first category, or will eventually. I'm afraid I might look at pictures in 20 years and realize I wasted a lot of time being self conscious. However, this is an unlikely scenario since we all know about 2012.
I'm still extremely self conscious. Okay, I'm 41(get guessed younger), and most of my friends are in their early 20's. Well, I've got a pool, and I've realized that I tend to only throw pool parties at night. I always find a daytime excuse. But the reality is, I don't feel like I'm being examined and scrutinized, at night. A 500 watt pool light is one thing...full sunlight is another!
Old 07-20-2010, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool I can relate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
See, the weight loss DID a lot for me, facially. Because I was all JOWL-Y, when I was 45 lbs more. And that's all gone now.
because I have lost about 30 lbs. (Down from 266 lbs to 238 lbs) just by changing my diet alone (Plus I bought a treadmill awhile back that I use occassionally) and my face is not as 'puffy' as it once was.

I look young for a 40 yr. old, minus the greying hair - which started WAY back in 1989 due to an incident involving the following:

#1 Christy C.
#2 A dark secluded park in Miami, OK
#3 The back seat of a car
#4 And an intruding Oklahoma Highway Patrolman.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 07-20-2010, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Wuteva, wuteva, you don't know me~
PLEASE tell me that's a reference to the South Park episode where Cartman goes on Maury Povich as an out of control child

"It's my hot body, I do what I want!"
Old 07-20-2010, 11:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
i thought storm clouds were grey.
Jesus okay slate blue eyes.....

Old 07-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
PLEASE tell me that's a reference to the South Park episode where Cartman goes on Maury Povich as an out of control child

I'm outta control! I do what I want, bitch!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Great, not only are you a liar, but you're racist too.
damn straight.

Quote:
I care because I want everyone to think I'm hot. A lofty goal, but seriously, I'm nothing if I don't have looks. That's why it bothers me so much that I don't have them.

the world iz gunna end, but skully can't find owt~

Quote:
Originally Posted by gretchen View Post
Jesus okay slate blue eyes.....

thank you.
Old 07-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post

I think I just died a little bit inside!!!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:36 AM
Senior Ledgie

Heart

Now I thought the question was who you know, not who you've seen in Hollywood, etc..? Anyway, I actually know the most beautiful woman I have even seen in person or o/w, and maybe you've seen her too! She goes by Nico, and not only is she the most beautiful woman on the outside, but she is the most amazing person inside too! Her inner beauty and personality would shine through regardless of her appearance...if she gained 100# or her hair turned gray I would love her just the same Glad I know you gorgeous girl!
Oh honey sweet
So full of sleep
I'm backsliding..."
Radiohead