Of course 6 22.22%
Definitely 2 7.41%
There were other female vocalists in Fleetwood Mac? 19 70.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by zb1 View Post
Email Bekka and ask her point blank: How many times did you visit your father when he was in UCLA for 9 months.

The answer...One maybe two times. That will show you how close she was to Delaney.
Really, Steve, what's your problem? Bekka didn't want to sign with your "company" or something?

If you want to contribute positively to preserving the legacy of Delaney and his final years/output, how about NOT trolling message boards with your own hybrid of privileged information & biased opinion? Regardless of what Delaney & Bekka's relationship may have been like towards the end, I'm sure he would have been mortified to have a business associate of his to air such dirty laundry to suit their own agenda.

Stay classy!
Old 05-23-2010, 09:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Really, Steve, what's your problem? Bekka didn't want to sign with your "company" or something?

If you want to contribute positively to preserving the legacy of Delaney and his final years/output, how about NOT trolling message boards with your own hybrid of privileged information & biased opinion? Regardless of what Delaney & Bekka's relationship may have been like towards the end, I'm sure he would have been mortified to have a business associate of his to air such dirty laundry to suit their own agenda.

Stay classy!
I wholeheartedly agree!!! Why drag personal information into this forum like that? Very low class!

Bekka's got a killer voice and made a good contribution to FM with her tunes on "Time". Not FM's best work as a band, but certainly not their worst (try "Penguin" for that honor!!!!)
Old 05-23-2010, 09:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
I found this great video of Bekka singing Gold Dust Woman -

Admittedly, she sounds fantastic. Even if I don't like her singing Gold Dust Woman, she has one hell of a voice xD

The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Gaaah. I'm really tempted to give Time another try now... I've got it set to skip on shuffle in itunes >_>

I am impressed. If the band weren't called Fleetwood Mac, people would be raving at the daring new read on this song and hailing Bekka for his guts. Unfortunately, at this point, for most people, no one can sing Stevie-Lindsey-Christine songs in the context of the band other than those three.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I am impressed. If the band weren't called Fleetwood Mac, people would be raving at the daring new read on this song and hailing Bekka for his guts. Unfortunately, at this point, for most people, no one can sing Stevie-Lindsey-Christine songs in the context of the band other than those three.
And even when they sing eachothers songs, they screw it up

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-24-2010, 06:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjpdg View Post
Not FM's best work as a band, but certainly not their worst (try "Penguin" for that honor!!!!)
Grrr...you just had to bring that up didn't you
Old 05-24-2010, 09:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
And even when they sing eachothers songs, they screw it up
Agreed! Though Lindsey does do a killer "Oh Well."
Old 05-24-2010, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Agreed! Though Lindsey does do a killer "Oh Well."
Are you ****ting me? He's the WORST of all Fleetwood Mac versions. (but, that said, there's really not a "bad" version of "Oh Well"....unless you've heard Kenny Wayne Shepard's...his is God-awful....Lindsey's just pales in comparison to other Fleetwood Mac guitarists versions...and "killer" would never be my choice of word to describe one of Lindsey's versions. Have to admit, though, his more recent versions are a HELLUVA lot better than his '75-'82 versions.)
Old 05-24-2010, 11:55 PM
Registered

Its called an opinion, Chili. We're all aware (please- seriously- we are. really) that you were around back then and are more "enlightened"- there is such a thing as perspective.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks Chili! I didn't want to say that and piss people off, but I figured we could could count on you. Lindsey does a fabulous job with Lindsey songs, but his 'Unleashed' Oh Well is.........oh well, not my cup of tea either. The others have done it better.

Hey, maybe we should do another one of those godawful, meaningless, throw-down-the-gloves-and-smash-out-the-windows polls, eh? No, wait, I'm kidding, kidding, I'm just KIDDING!
Old 05-25-2010, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukeA View Post
Its called an opinion, Chili. We're all aware (please- seriously- we are. really) that you were around back then and are more "enlightened"- there is such a thing as perspective.
Yep, and I was expressing mine...again. Don't like it? Put me on "Ignore".
Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Are you ****ting me? He's the WORST of all Fleetwood Mac versions. (but, that said, there's really not a "bad" version of "Oh Well"....unless you've heard Kenny Wayne Shepard's...his is God-awful....Lindsey's just pales in comparison to other Fleetwood Mac guitarists versions...and "killer" would never be my choice of word to describe one of Lindsey's versions. Have to admit, though, his more recent versions are a HELLUVA lot better than his '75-'82 versions.)
Now, I wouldn't say that Lindsey's is the "worst" of all FM versions. I actually like it. Of course, I much, much, much more prefer Peter's original and really love Rick's versions.

Thanks for putting your opinion out there chiliD! We've all got one, and forums like this are just another opportunity for us to share them. Those that don't like them don't have to agree or even pay attention. Keep sharing. I, for one, will keep reading!!
Old 05-25-2010, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldTimer View Post
his 'Unleashed' Oh Well is.........oh well, not my cup of tea either. The others have done it better.
His 'Unleashed' Oh Well is a lot better than Stevie's 'Unleashed' Don't Stop.

Oh Yeah Christine McVie | Tumblr
Old 05-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JEEEZUS!! Got an exposed nerve??

I never said I DISLIKED Lindsey's versions, I just said that his are the worst of all the Fleetwood Mac versions I've heard. And, I've heard worse versions than his by other artists...namely Kenny Wayne Shepard in particular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ButterCookie View Post
His 'Unleashed' Oh Well is a lot better than Stevie's 'Unleashed' Don't Stop.
I guess they should've gotten Bekka to do "Don't Stop"....she nailed it on the '94/95 tour.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
I guess they should've gotten Bekka to do "Don't Stop"....she nailed it on the '94/95 tour.
Yeah, or use a playback of Chris' voice... or Grace Sli-*dodges rocks*
Old 05-25-2010, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have to say the '94-'95 version of Oh Well was my least favorite. I didn't mind that it became a duet, but Dave Mason's solo was a typical Dave Mason solo (very similar to the Only You Know And I Know solo, IMO), which really didn't suit the song all that well. I also thought it got a little schticky.

THE Stephen Hopkins