Yes 6 22.22%
Of course 6 22.22%
Definitely 2 7.41%
There were other female vocalists in Fleetwood Mac? 19 70.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-20-2010, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are a few more...

ETA: Did you notice that her tambourine isn't taped and she actually uses it as a real instrument? Isn't that weird?

ETA II: Does her performing "Imagine" mean she's trying to be John Lennon? (Also interesting: I saw her do as many John Lennon songs as Stevie Nicks songs. I guess they did "Dreams," but I've never seen or heard a performance. I only go by what I've seen.)

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 05-20-2010 at 10:51 PM..
Old 05-20-2010, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vicky View Post
Those are great ! I remember seeing Bonnie during her stint on Roseanne and being totally impressed in the episodes where they had her sing. What a voice!
I was just thinking that I need to go out and get a Delaney & Bonnie album and have a listen to them - my only exposure to them is through a couple of YouTube videos and if I remember rightly they are on a Clapton album or two that I have...
Old 05-20-2010, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskisn View Post
I was just thinking that I need to go out and get a Delaney & Bonnie album and have a listen to them - my only exposure to them is through a couple of YouTube videos and if I remember rightly they are on a Clapton album or two that I have...
Rhino had a decent comp that's sadly OOP. It was good, but there were better songs they could have chosen, and sadly no unreleased goodies. If you can find it cheap, go for it. But I've seen them go for more than the cost of the entire CD catalog (only one album isn't on CD).

Accept No Substitute, usually considered their classic, or Together, their swan song that also has their singles and some bonus solo tracks, are probably good starting points, though any album is great. Home is a classic Stax album that was actually on Stax and features Steve Cropper, Duck Dunn, Booker T., Isaac Hayes, et al (get the one with bonus tracks if you decide on this...The previously unreleased version of Long Road Ahead is just a monster). Motel Shot is an acoustic album that features Dave Mason, Gram Parsons, Duane Allman, and Joe Cocker. On Tour With Eric Clapton is a live album that features Dave Mason and George "Mysterioso" Harrison. To Bonnie From Delaney has a mostly different crew, but is still a good album and features the original God Knows I Love You, which was covered by Bekka & Billy.

Clapton's first solo album was essentially a Delaney & Bonnie album, only with Clapton on lead vocals. Derek & The Dominoes was Clapton with Delaney & Bonnie's backing band. Also of note are Dave Mason's Alone Together and Joe Cocker's Mad Dogs and Englishmen, which either feature D&B or their band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Here are a few more...

ETA: Did you notice that her tambourine isn't taped and she actually uses it as a real instrument? Isn't that weird?

ETA II: Does her performing "Imagine" mean she's trying to be John Lennon? (Also interesting: I saw her do as many John Lennon songs as Stevie Nicks songs. I guess they did "Dreams," but I've never seen or heard a performance. I only go by what I've seen.)
ok I apologize for my stupidity in before post she is awesome too. I was at the show when they came here to connecticut it was in June or July of 1995 and i want to say she did Gold Dust Woman different i could be wrong i do believe she came out in a cloak i believe when they sang The Chain I though she did do dreams as well if i remember correctly i was there for most of the show anyway. She is an added female vocal to be added as one of the greatest vocals in Fleetwood Mac there is not one bad vocalist and song writer in all the era's of FM.

It was billed as The 70's Classic Rock Tour

Orleans
Pat Benatar
Reo Speedwagon
Fleetwood Mac

this was the line up for that concert I saw Bekka and Dave Mason version of FM I remember the commerials for this tour and they never mentioned bekka and dave mason in commercial just fleetwood mac i knew stevie, christine and lindsey were not in the band before seeing the show. In the commerical they were advertising they should have mentioned bekka and Dave Mason which I definetly remember not hearing in the commercials . If i remember correctly there was some people upset that stevie,lindsey and christine were not in the band I knew they weren't cause they were advertising the show as classic rock 70's show maybe that is why some people were disappointed and mis advertised as well when they adverstised the concert too alot of people were starting to leaving in the middle of there performance if i do recall and mind you connecticut is a strong fleetwood mac fan base here. I think if it was not advertised as a classic 70's tour and it was just fleetwood mac it would have been different the more i think back about the concert was great on my opinion just remembering seeing alot of people leaving before the performance was over and some people were complaining not that FM was bad i just think the casual fans that were not aware of Stevie,Lindsey and Christine not being in the band on tour at that time. Sounds other people might have seen a different tour of FM on that tour in different tour package. It was billed as The Classic 70's Tour just think people were expecting the Stevie,Lindsey and Christine line up of the band and think that is why people were leaving half way thru there performance.

Last edited by StandbackStevie; 05-21-2010 at 08:56 AM..
Old 05-21-2010, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So I listnened to Bekka doing Imagine.
Nice voice
Old 05-22-2010, 05:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meowi View Post
So I listnened to Bekka doing Imagine.
Nice voice
Bekka does have a beautiful voice. However, I listened to Time, and I found the album largely forgettable, which is a shame because Behind The Mask was so unexpectedly good! Perhaps it was just too much to produce yet another great album after yet another change of line-up? Of course there's a fair few FM fans that do enjoy Time, so who am I to judge? (Oh, wait, my music standards are objective, aren't they? My mistake! )
So, Meowi, I suggest you buy the album, if you should happen across it for about $15 (give or take $5, depending on how interested you are). If nothing else, it completes the album collection.
And for the record, I enjoyed Time a bit more than Say You Will.
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 05-22-2010, 05:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaycee View Post
And for the record, I enjoyed Time a bit more than Say You Will.

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-22-2010, 06:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetAngel95 View Post
Oh dear, I'm sorry about that Miranda! I promise I'll give Say You Will another go sometime soon! You never know, I might like it the second time around - when you consider that I only liked many songs by The Moody Blues the second time around, and that they're now my second favourite band, it's possible the same thing may happen here.
Btw, have you heard much by way of The Beatles' psychedelic music? I know you don't like much of their music, but I get the feeling that it may be their earlier songs, which were more mainstream for the time, that you might not like as much. (And, yes, I know I'm going to be lynched for that comment, even though I actually like all of The Beatles music, and absolutely love the creativity of their later albums like Magical Mystery Tour.)
Old 05-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My thoughts exactly!

And so I'm not spamming this thread, yes, Bekka is amazing! Thanks to Vicky, I now know just how incredible she is. I have been playing her solo albums constantly, but the Bekka and Billy album is a current favorite
Old 05-22-2010, 06:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilthefirefades View Post
My thoughts exactly!

And so I'm not spamming this thread, yes, Bekka is amazing! Thanks to Vicky, I now know just how incredible she is. I have been playing her solo albums constantly, but the Bekka and Billy album is a current favorite
Ah, not again! I'm sure to have lost two good friends now!
Old 05-22-2010, 06:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LOL i'm just joking around, Jordan! I still love you! Everyone has their own taste, and i respect that -

BTW, my favorite Beatles album is Abbey Road/Magical Mystery Tour!

SN: 4/6/11
I met my angel: 3/31/09
Old 05-22-2010, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I promise I'll give Say You Will another go sometime soon! You never know, I might like it the second time around
Well to be honest I didn't like SYW for about the first three or four times I listened. Now I enjoy almost everything except that Red Rover song

Time really does take a few listens though, especially as I don't think the album really does Bekka's voice justice. I also wish that there was more of a feeling of unity within the band (like there was on BTM), and a few more guitar solos from Mr Mason (or hey in the case of the Christine songs - absolutely anything from Mr Mason).

I know that Dave Mason isn't everyone's favourite, and he sure isn't mine either (maybe we need to do a thread about this) but he can certainly play brilliantly which isn't highlighted on there.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh and for those who don't have copies of the album that Bekka used to sell at shows (and which you can't buy these days)...

Matt (streetdreamer) posted this up a long time ago, so here it is again - thanks Matt.

http://rapidshare.com/files/14939880..._It_For_Me.rar
Old 05-22-2010, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm with you. Time has wonderful stuff on it. But Say You Will is the first Mac masterpiece since Tusk.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Hahaha! It's alright! I think it means so much to me because it was my first new Fleetwood Mac album, and I got to experience it like that. Maybe for you it will be how spacetime was for me. The first few gos at it, I was left troubled and confused, but eventually it became one of my favorite concepts, or in this case albums

And again, to prevent spamming: Through The Walls is such a great song