User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2014, 11:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Hahahaha.I guess somebody beat me to it.Heres my try with YT anyway.
Your version was better than my posting because yours had the introduction and Stevie thanking the audience at the end. My post had neither of those. Will you ever win? You win.
Old 04-06-2014, 11:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Awesome!! Stevie ROCKS!! thanks for posting skip & Vivfox..
Old 04-07-2014, 12:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie W/Heart View Post
Awesome!! Stevie ROCKS!! thanks for posting skip & Vivfox..
No problem.She's alittlebit country and she is alittlebit rock and roll.I mean Stevie.

Sorry guys I guess I had Donny and Marie Osmond on my mind.LOL........

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Your version was better than my posting because yours had the introduction and Stevie thanking the audience at the end. My post had neither of those. Will you ever win? You win.
Yes I notice they clip the intro off on it.

I will upload the high def version when I receive it later today from my source which it should be complete..

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-07-2014, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Perez Hilton, April 6, 2014 [click to see several Stevie photos]

http://perezhilton.com/cocoperez/201...t#.U0I2CMJOUiQ

Stevie Nicks & Hillary Scott Are Both Bewitching In Black At The ACM Awards!

Stevie Nicks and Hillary Scott arrived at the Academy of Country Music Awards together on Sunday, and both ladies looked bewitching in mostly black ensems!

Miz Nicks went for a simple, all-black number that showed a seksi glimpse of shoulder, while Hillary's frock featured white sleeves and zig-zag panels down the sides.

Each musician incorporated a few pieces of statement jewelry, and Stevie finished up her look with ombre shaded aviators.

Lookin' good, gals!!

Read more: http://perezhilton.com/cocoperez/201...#ixzz2yAv1O1Du
Old 04-07-2014, 12:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wonder if Stevie and Sheryl are going to visit for a day or two since they are in the same town.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Billboard.com, April 6, 2014

http://www.billboard.com/articles/co...m-awards-video

"I love Lady Antebellum, and to me, this song is their 'Landslide’ because it's just that spectacular," Nicks said earlier in the week in an announcement for a special release of their joint version of "Golden."

Nicks' appearance at the ceremony precedes a North American tour with Fleetwood Mac that, for the first time in 16 years, features singer-keyboardist Christine McVie as part of the lineup, after rejoining the group in January.

Lady Antebellum's star has continued to rise on the country charts, returning to No. 1 on the Country Airplay chart last month with "Compass," which received songwriting credits from the likes of production duo Stargate (Beyonce's "Irreplaceable," Katy Perry's "Firework"). "Compass" is off "Golden," the trio's May 2013 release, which also hit No. 1 -- including a top spot on the Billboard 200, Lady Antebellum's third such album.

The Nicks-Antebellum collab came about after both parties performed together on "CMT Crossroads" last September. They tore through country chart-toppers "Need You Now" and "Just a Kiss," as well as rock standards "Landslide" and "Rhiannon" -- the latter with Scott singing the song's higher melody.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Zap2it, April 6, 2014

http://www.zap2it.com/blogs/academy_...rainer-2014-04

2014's first big reunion is Fleetwood Mac's: Christine McVie, a founding member of the group and the singer-songwriter behind many of the group's hits, will tour with Fleetwood Mac starting in the fall. On the 2014 Academy of Country Music Awards red carpet on Sunday (April 6), Stevie Nicks got a chance to comment on her bandmate's return.

"She had us all completely convinced she wouldn't come back," Nicks replied when asked about the reunion, adding that she told McVie: "'It's your band. I don't really think you have to ask.'"

There was only one caveat that Nicks had for McVie: "Get a trainer," she said, referring to the tough job of fronting a band on an international tour.

Apparently, McVie is up to the challenge. The band confirmed to Billboard in January that the singer would return to tour for the first time since 1998. The new tour is expected to begin in September 2014.
Old 04-07-2014, 04:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

^^^Thanks for posting the vids. I love this heart-warming performance. She does look a bit nervous at times, but the band are so supportive of her, you can tell they love her to bits. Golden is a very sweet song, with wonderful vocals and harmonies. It was great to hear the appreciation from the audience too.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Enjoyed the performance but I would have rather heard the entire version of Golden, as it's such a beautiful song and has just been released as a single. Rhiannon seemed rather out of place at a country music awards show.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-07-2014, 08:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
Enjoyed the performance but I would have rather heard the entire version of Golden, as it's such a beautiful song and has just been released as a single. Rhiannon seemed rather out of place at a country music awards show.
I agree as Golden is a beautiful song. I was shocked Rhiannon started playing. Actually, I was shocked by many of the performances last night...and wondering is this what country music sounds like now? The whole night seemed to have a rock n roll feel...I mean I thought Keith Urban was country.....and last night it didn't sound like country to me....more rock. I don't know though as I am so unfamiliar with country music.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
I agree as Golden is a beautiful song. I was shocked Rhiannon started playing. Actually, I was shocked by many of the performances last night...and wondering is this what country music sounds like now? The whole night seemed to have a rock n roll feel...I mean I thought Keith Urban was country.....and last night it didn't sound like country to me....more rock. I don't know though as I am so unfamiliar with country music.
I'm not a fan of country music but I did watch most of the "pre Stevie" performances and enjoyed most of them.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 04-07-2014, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Quote:
I'm not a fan of country music but I did watch most of the "pre Stevie" performances and enjoyed most of them.
Yes My speed is into the classics from the 1930's to the 1980's like Merle Haggard,George Jones,Tammy W,Loretta Lynn.Dolly,Kenny,Judds ,Hank and Hank Jr.

The list goes on.

The show was OK.The Highlights were Stevie with Lady A of course .Merle Haggard George Strait on the show.Some of the tunes showcased sucked.

Shakira was great on the show and looked stunning .Sheryl Crow and Darius Rucker were great too.

I'm not a fan of Luke Bryan Rascal Flatts,Big and Rich.

Heres a song that sums it up.

Who is going to fill their shoes.No .Taylor is not going to fill Tammy Wynette's shoes and so on.

It was great in the 1970's and 80's when Linda Ronstadt,Eagles,Poco,Pure Prairie League ,38 Special.Allman Bros,Bellamy Bros and other rockers cross to the country charts.

Now country is rock and roll.

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-07-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Foot note..

Tonight .I would recommend to watch ET,Extra,Access Hollywood and other entertainment news shows for wrapup reports on last night ACM awards show.

They might have some red carpet interviews and other stuff to show.

Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heres the HD version with intro for keepers.Thanks to my buddy Pete catching it and sending it to me this morning.

http://www.adrive.com/public/sf2eq8/...62014%20HD.avi

Heres a better copy of the promo.

I post it on YT for the hell of it.It probably get a 3rd party content notice like the first one in this thread.

Enjoy............................................................................................... ...........

Last edited by Macfanforever; 04-07-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was surprised that Golden was shortened so. I don't think I was disappointed, but just surprised.

Michele