User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[The Wire responds to the Stevie interview] by Price Peterson, 2/7/2014

http://www.thewire.com/entertainment...you-do/357828/

With a career as long, storied, and influential as Stevie Nicks' is, it makes sense that People would focus exclusively on her lack of boyfriend, right? Nothing offensive or awful about that! Just what even is a human being without a significant other? Trash, that's what. Just miserable, lonely junk who should walk directly into the ocean. Anyway, the good people at People recently interviewed Nicks about her mystical career and made sure to ask plenty of questions about Nicks' love life, to which she had plenty of responses:

Quote:
It would be fun if I could find a boyfriend who understood my life and didn't get his feelings hurt because I'm always a phone call away from having to leave in two hours for New York or a phone call from having to do interviews all day long. . . It's not very fun to be Mr. Stevie Nicks.
Uh, first of all, DOUBTFUL. Can you imagine all that unspoiled access to spells and hexes and her potion cupboards? But second of all, Stevie Nicks, you are not that busy. I mean yeah you do the occasional Fleetwood Mac reunion concert for aging Boomers up way past their 9pm bedtimes, and yeah, you're obviously taking Ryan Murphy's calls still. But come on. Something tells me a Mr. Stevie Nicks would be seeing A LOT of you, just sort of twirling around the living room in a top hat all day every day. Somebody please just date Stevie Nicks already! Make her life MEAN something finally. (Note to Stevie Nicks, this is all in good fun, please don't hex me, girl.) [People]
Old 03-13-2014, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[Northern Virginia Magazine referencing Stevie's NYT interview]

http://www.northernvirginiamag.com/m...-it-ever-work/

Exes and Friendship. Does it ever work?

Thursday, March 13th, 2014

Stevie Nicks might be my new hero.

Yes, she has the fierce voice and songs to show it off. She at least used to have the fierce looks in her glory days. And she most definitely has the kind of fierce attitude that I’d like to rock well into my 60s.

In a recent New York Times story, Stevie revealed a lot about what makes her tick and how she looks at the world (hint: with a lot of letting dumb drama roll off of her back). Not only does she use Lady Gaga’s music to fuel dance romps around her apartment that conjure up happiness—as I do—but she fosters a healthy attitude about being blissfully independent and never marrying:

In the last 10 years I’ve just said I’m going to follow my muse.
If I want to go somewhere I don’t have to worry about anyone being mad at me.
I don’t have to make up excuses on the phone about why I’m not coming home.
If it were to happen to me I’d be thrilled.
But when I’m 90 years old and sitting in a gloriously beautiful beach house somewhere on this planet with five or six Chinese Crested Yorkies, surrounded by all my goddaughters who will at that point be middle-aged, I’ll be just as happy.

As famous as the diva singer became for her mane of blonde locks she was probably more known for the comingling between members of her longtime band Fleetwood Mac. She reportedly got busy with Lindsey Buckingham and Mick Fleetwood, who later married and divorced a backup singer. And before you knew it, practically everyone had hooked up with everyone else in a “Melrose Place”-style show of incest well before Amanda Woodward was closing the blinds to initiate angry sex with underlings or throwing drinks in other females’ faces.

Yet when Stevie talks about her past relationships now, she’s civil. Apparently, at least when it comes to her and Mick, the trouble’s in the rear view mirror. The tumultuous exes are, in fact, buddies, in each others’ lives in a seemingly healthy way.

My question is: Bloody how?

I don’t mean to imply that I’ll go all “Waiting to Exhale” on any of my exes, setting their cars ablaze and walking off with flames artfully raging behind me. But to call us amigos is a stretch. I tend to think most people fall in my camp, compartmentalizing periods of their life to not get lost in the past.

Men who I’ve dated I wish well. We didn’t work out. That doesn’t mean, though, that they should flail, fail or otherwise struggle. Am I anxious to go to their weddings, meet up regularly or have tea? Hell no.

Perhaps that’s OK. Or perhaps I need to take a page from Stevie.

I know for sure that the immediate period post-breakup should consist of going on separately, preferably without any contact whatsoever. For anyone who’s ever tried to transition to friends too quickly, they know that it doesn’t work. Unless the relationship ended during the the world’s first truly mutual parting, one person has, essentially, told the other that it’s done. Crawling back right away is about the same as saying, “I don’t accept that. I’ll stay around you, and you’ll realize we should be a couple.” It’s a teensy bit pathetic.

If the breakup initiator is the one trying to turn the pairing into an immediate friendship, well that’s just plain cruel. The message there: “You’re not good enough to be my mate, but I guess you can be my platonic buddy who I let hang around me.”

Ouch. I’ve been in both camps.

What’s the right amount of time, then, to go from not speaking to exes to becoming legit friends? Can ex-lovers even become functioning friends at all?

Judging by a recent episode of “New Girl,” the answer is never and no. Jess, initially, believes she and an ex—played by Adrien Brody as a stay-at-home dad with not much of his own life—have found the elusive post-dating friendship. But things go awry when he suddenly—and creepily, in its repetition—declares his love and how he’ll leave his wife for Jess. And, as it turns out, Nick’s earlier assessment is the correct one.

In his words, “Men don’t talk to people they’ve dated unless they want sex, or they’re Winston.”

My exes are, to be fair, my Facebook friends. I have a general sense that they’re not in prison or, if their “About me” sections are to be believed, they’re not working for the Mob. Occasionally, I’ll confess, it’s nice to check in on them, particularly in a nonconfrontational virtual manner. That’s pretty much where I leave it, however. I guess my thinking is that, if we had something truly special, we’d still be together, right?

Or, if things get too weird, maybe I can round them up and send ‘em to Texas together.

Sorry, Stevie. I’m not quite at your level yet.

-Dena
Old 04-09-2014, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie Nicks: The Gypsy You May Not Know By Mike Tuttle ·

Web Pro News, April 9, 2014

http://www.webpronews.com/stevie-nic...t-know-2014-04

Lately we’ve brought you a few different bits of news about Stevie Nicks. First of all, she performed on the AMAs with Lady Antebellum, bringing a little bit of class to the self-congratulatory proceedings of that event. Also, she will be touring with the “classic” (not original) lineup of Fleetwood Mac, along with friend Christine McVie.

Stevie Nicks has been a household word ever since the Fleetwood Mac album in 1975. Of course, she had an album with then-boyfriend Lindsey Buckingham before that. But there is more to the “Welsh witch” than most people may know.

For example, Stevie Nicks and Prince have a musical connection. Stevie Nicks once called up Prince and told him that she was writing as song that she wrote while listening to “Little Red Corvette”, and that she was going to give him 50% of it. That song became “Stand Back” and was a hit.

Then Prince called her up and wanted to do a song with her. He sent her a demo instrumental to write lyrics to. Nicks was so intimidated by the song that she sent it back and told him she couldn’t do it. That song ended up becoming “Purple Rain”.

Stevie Nicks has soft spot for and does a lot to help wounded American soldiers. Back before it became vogue to do so, she would visit Walter Reed Hospital and give out hundreds of free iPod Nano players loaded with music, sitting with soldiers, listening to their stories.

Stevie Nicks had a really bad addiction to cocaine. But she checked herself into the Betty Ford Clinic and kicked her addiction. She once said in an interview:

“I saw how [Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix] went down, and a part of me wanted to go down with them…but then another part of me thought, I would be very sad if some 25-year-old lady rock and roll singer ten years from now said, ‘I wish Stevie Nicks would have thought about it a little more.’ That’s kind of what stopped me and made me really look at the world through clear eyes.”

Nicks is now 65, clean and sober, about to start a tour with the band she helped put on the map in the U.S.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Stevie Nicks: The Gypsy You May Not Know By Mike Tuttle ·

Web Pro News, April 9, 2014

http://www.webpronews.com/stevie-nic...t-know-2014-04

“I saw how [Janis Joplin and Jimi Hendrix] went down, and a part of me wanted to go down with them…but then another part of me thought, I would be very sad if some 25-year-old lady rock and roll singer ten years from now said, ‘I wish Stevie Nicks would have thought about it a little more.’ That’s kind of what stopped me and made me really look at the world through clear eyes.”
I would love to hear her expand on "part of me wanted to go down with them". I'm taking that as, "I was getting so high, so often, with such quantity and recklessness and without desire to stop that I figured I was going to die anyway but at least I'd be a legend".