User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-21-2019, 09:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
That is why I used the Tusk is everyone’s favorite album example. He asks questions and they answer in a certain way designed to mollify him, but they don’t necessarily mean what he concludes they mean. Tusk is probably no one’s favorite album, not even Mick’s, even though Mick liked working on it. Those 4 pick the most commercial as their favorite, but Lindsey will say that they all came round to admitting Tusk was their favorite.

I would have to see the email chain to make a decision about what Christine said about Stevie’s regret. If she really regretted it, I think she would have responded differently to his surgery. Chris might have said something in response to him that he took to mean that Stevie was sorry.
Well, that's why he said that Stevie's desire for Lindsey to "come home" could have been just Christine's wishful thinking. Maybe it was his wishful thinking and not Christine's.

I found a bit odd that Christine said that about Stevie, because she didn't show any signs of remorse since she fired him. I also think he wants and needs not only a closure with the band but for things to be ok with them, especially with Stevie.

Mental issues? That's actually more like Stevie's thing these days….
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know Mick has said that and more and Stevie has said something similar about Tusk. But my point is they tend to say this after much discussion from Lindsey about the album and the unfortunate way it was viewed in the past. He believes them. I do not.
Old 02-21-2019, 11:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Well, that's why he said that Stevie's desire for Lindsey to "come home" could have been just Christine's wishful thinking. Maybe it was his wishful thinking and not Christine's.

I found a bit odd that Christine said that about Stevie, because she didn't show any signs of remorse since she fired him. I also think he wants and needs not only a closure with the band but for things to be ok with them, especially with Stevie.

Mental issues? That's actually more like Stevie's thing these days….
I don’t think he has any mental issues that he hasn’t always had. Nothing new and certainly nothing that would keep him off the road. Nancy knows that, I think.

Last edited by michelej1; 02-22-2019 at 12:02 AM..
Old 02-22-2019, 10:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I no longer believe that Stevie has any true feelings for Lindsey and I don’t want the pretense. What once gave me pleasure, like the flirting they did in 1997, would only make me feel more cynical and hardened today. I don’t think they feel the bond I ascribed to them. I thought The Chain was true and I no longer do.

But I think Lindsey wants the Mac to want him and to feel sorry. He said that Chris told him that deep down Stevie was sorry. At this point, I don’t even believe Christine actually said that to him. I don’t know. He might be delusional. He is the same guy who thinks Tusk is now everyone’s favorite album. He’s kind of a nut.

But they hurt him and if something can be done to make him feel better emotionally, then I want that to happen. It will not move ME, because I feel that I’ve been deluding myself all these years. But if it moves him, go for it. And, um, people were saying that Lindsey could have taken ill had he been on the FM tour.
Lindsey is a ham. He doesn’t want to die, not with a 14 year old left to finish raising. But if he HAD to go, I am sure he would like for it to be at the climax of the ISA solo when the stadium crowd has jumped to its feet, yelling in admiration. I think he wants one last Big Machine turn and I want what he wants.
Tusk is MY favorite album.
Old 02-23-2019, 02:52 AM
Ledgie

Default Wow

Just so much to say on this. First off, I love Fleetwood Mac! If you have read past interviews, both Lindsey and Stevie have mentioned that they have been Muses for each other throughout the years. It was fine with his wife, and although they were not "together", they have always had that Love/Hate relationship. I appreciate and understand this. I have seen Lindsey solo, which I was excited to see(3 times) and I'm seeing the new incarnation of FM. We are not privy to what has transpired between them all. Of course I would have loved them to have ended the Fleetwood Mac legacy with all of them, but I think something happened to change it. We are all mad at Stevie, and I want answers as well. Something changed this past year, and if so, she should tell it. All other members were complicit in firing him
Old 02-23-2019, 06:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbrFireflie View Post
We are not privy to what has transpired between them all. Of course I would have loved them to have ended the Fleetwood Mac legacy with all of them, but I think something happened to change it. We are all mad at Stevie, and I want answers as well. Something changed this past year, and if so, she should tell it. All other members were complicit in firing him
I'll tell you one thing that changed, in 2014: Christine rejoined which, because the band since 1997 needed at least two of its lead singers to be viable, made Lindsey expendable in a way he was not from 1998-2013. Stevie may have been planning her coup for some time, and just need to go through one full reunion tour before executing it.

I agree with you that we are not privy to what transpired behind closed doors. That's why I ultimately don't blame them for parting ways with Lindsey so much as I do the way they did it (ghosting, lying, smearing) and for carrying on without him as Fleetwood Mac.

Last edited by cbBen; 02-23-2019 at 08:07 AM..
Old 02-23-2019, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
How can a person who wrote Landslide, a song about reflection, not see her onwn ugly negative reflection right now and want to be redeemed???
Are you the same person as you were 45 years ago? I guess not ...
Old 02-23-2019, 03:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t think he has any mental issues that he hasn’t always had. Nothing new and certainly nothing that would keep him off the road. Nancy knows that, I think.
Yes. That was my point. That is why I believe Christine said what he claims she said.

As for the Tusk example, is it really delusional to believe Mick might actually hold an opinion he has publicly expressed? At worst, it is naive, but even that is arguable.

JMHO.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It is not just Mick. Mick has had kind words for the album almost since it’s inception, even when it did not sell. But Lindsay will now say that all of them have come round to consider it their favorite album. Despite the fact that they have flattered it, it is far from the band’s favorite album. Yes, I do think it’s delusional of him to think otherwise. When you keep harping on something people finally say things to mollify you.

When SYW came out Lindsey gave 25 interviews saying that Stevie never thanked him for the album. Stevie finally said something like ‘is that’s what he is saying? By all means I thank him for the hard work he put in polishing my songs.’ She still hated her songs on the album. But Lindsey could take her words as praise for the album, finally. That’s what he’d been wanting to hear.

I don’t know what Christine said to him about Stevie’s regret. I would have to see her actual words and to see what he said to her first that caused her to respond. I just don’t think she said that to him.
Old 02-23-2019, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don’t know what Christine said to him about Stevie’s regret. I would have to see her actual words and to see what he said to her first that caused her to respond. I just don’t think she said that to him.
i don't think he said anything to her. this was her email to him right after the settlement. they didn't actually talk. i asked him about that at a meet and greet about a week before that CBS interview was taped / aired. i specifically asked him "so you talked to Christine?" and he said "i didn't actually talk to her, no - she sent me an email" - something like that.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 02-23-2019, 11:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But Lindsay will now say that all of them have come round to consider it their favorite album.
Lindsay? Who's she?
Old 02-23-2019, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie is going to her career and Fleetwood Mac’s on a bad note.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Lindsay? Who's she?
I was dictating the post. The other day though, Siri spelled Lindsey’s name correctly, but spelled Peter Tork as Peter torque.
Old 02-24-2019, 01:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I was dictating the post. The other day though, Siri spelled Lindsey’s name correctly, but spelled Peter Tork as Peter torque.
Voice to text blows goats. No, not that one.

It's pretty much guaranteed to get at least 10% of words wrong. When driving, I do voice to text, and preface any such things with, "hey, I'm doing v2t, so ignore all the misspelled words you're about to read!"
Old 02-24-2019, 04:00 AM
Senior Ledgie

Although I haven't let go of my admiration for Stevie it has been a challenging year and after all this time I still don't get IT. Especially with Lindsey recovering from heart surgery.

Just watched this and THIS is what it would take.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bnh4qRCLwLc

Just speculation on my part, but maybe Stevie has decided that she never wants to feel regret like that again.
A lot of the stage antics have been scripted sure, but THIS? I don't think so.