User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
This topic somehow reminds me of how last year when Lindsey said "she can't just come and go" a lot of folks around here took that as meaning his ego was too big to let Christine rejoin, when that wasn't the case at all.
True. That's usually the basic reaction to his psychobabble. He's easily misunderstood.

Old 10-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This topic somehow reminds me of how last year when Lindsey said "she can't just come and go" a lot of folks around here took that as meaning his ego was too big to let Christine rejoin, when that wasn't the case at all.
apparently Lindsey would not even hold her hand anymore during final bows in Columbus, he just held both his hands behind his back.

i have this mental image of the 4 of them swarming around SN before/after every show and going "say you'll record with us as soon as this tour is finished" and her saying "no no no no no!".

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-21-2014, 05:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie just needs to hand in 4 piano and voice demo's, let LB play with it, hire a studio for a month, plant Christine in between them, and let them finish it.

Old 10-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Stevie just needs to hand in 4 piano and voice demo's, let LB play with it, hire a studio for a month, plant Christine in between them, and let them finish it.
Amen! If she's worried about LB highjacking her songs, just give him four decent ones and keep the best for herself--exactly what she's been doing since 1982.

The problem is I suspect she doesn't have a lot of songs left and is afraid to give up any new material, as each new song she would write would likely be precious to her.

I understand her fears: she associates LB and Mac record-making with all kinds of dysfunction and abuse. But it's only a handful of songs! Just write something already. Or go into the studio and say, hey--let's cowrite together.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't think it's that simple. If this album is going to be good, they need outside producer(s), not Lindsey Buckingham. His production did not do favors to many good songs on Say You Will. I'm tired of his over produced, distorted vocals. I think they need a fresh sound, yet someone who understands how important Mick and John are to the music. I'm not crazy with how the songs sound on the EP or SYW...I'm having a hard time describing what it is exactly, the synthesizers, the "adult-contemporary-ness," having too much going on, etc.
Old 10-21-2014, 08:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^the mixing is wonky and the whisper vocals on the ep. on syw, the problem is only that each song follows the same structure (well, especially stevei's songs)...skeletal then cacophonous. EVERY song.<--and yet it's still my fav american album of the 00s. I think my second fav is David Morales' TWO WORLDS COLLIDE. I'm eclectic like that.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-21-2014 at 08:58 PM..
Old 10-21-2014, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
By which you mean there is a lot of conjecture that ended up being proved false. I hope Stevie proves us wrong like Lindsey did.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
By which you mean there is a lot of conjecture that ended up being proved false. I hope Stevie proves us wrong like Lindsey did.
THANK YOU!!!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-21-2014, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
were you there ? or did this come from your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend who heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who works at 31 Flavors ?
It's a ridiculous premise; there was no bargaining chip there . Fleetwood Mac just came off last year's tour, and wasn't even thinking of another tour, that is, until Christine entered the picture. Stevie was not holding out for Christine; no one had no idea that Christine was coming back.

Lindsey and Christine have got the ball rolling on the album. Since they are on tour now, the album is on hold for now. As Mick (or was is it Lindsey) stated, that when the tour is over, they'll get back to recording the album, and Stevie will put her touch on it. It's not going to be a SAY YOU WON"T album with just Christine and Lindsey. Stevie has way too much ego to let that happen.

I wish someone would interview Stevie and ask her some pointed, assuming questions like "Are you excited to work in the studio with Christine again? Any chance of a collaboration? The world is waiting for this album. Have you written anything special for the album? We're really looking forward to those classic harmonies between you, Lindsey and Christine." Hopefully all the endless and useless speculation would end and we'd get some clear indication about what's going on in her big convoluted head.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-21-2014 at 11:12 PM..
Old 10-21-2014, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
I don't think it's that simple. If this album is going to be good, they need outside producer(s), not Lindsey Buckingham. His production did not do favors to many good songs on Say You Will. I'm tired of his over produced, distorted vocals. I think they need a fresh sound, yet someone who understands how important Mick and John are to the music. I'm not crazy with how the songs sound on the EP or SYW...I'm having a hard time describing what it is exactly, the synthesizers, the "adult-contemporary-ness," having too much going on, etc.
I liked the guy who produced "Love Shines" and "Heart of Stone." Someting contemporary yet organic like that would be great.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Regarding his handling of Stevie's songs on these projects I agree (vocals were subpar on several tracks), but can go back further to Twisted and Tango in the Night in terms of production. I can see why she's concerned. Mirage was the last time he consistently got it right. That's a long time ago!

Last edited by Bandon; 10-22-2014 at 06:32 PM..
Old 10-22-2014, 06:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Say You Won't?! Another great title idea.

Old 10-22-2014, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
Stevie has a lot of songs on 24k that should be played all over the radio. Not happening. Ageism is alive and well in Rock N Roll.
And misogyny. Don't forget misogyny.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jondalar View Post
We'll like I said before there is no accounting for taste and some people just don't have any.
Oh, for the love of god, get a grip you ridiculous person!

Just because you have an opinion on something does not make you instantly right. Nor does it make anybody else's opinions any less valid.
Old 10-23-2014, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenshiMaster16 View Post
4) Everywhere got to #15 on the UK singles chart last year because of that commercial with the moon-walking horse.
The "Rumours" reissue from last year went to #3 in the UK album charts and stayed in the top 20 for 3 weeks. "The Very Best Of" reissue from 2009 and the reissue of The Chain boxsett also went top 10 in the last 3 years. Considering that there are more contemporary artists barely scraping the top 20 at the moment in the UK album charts, that's not bad going.

All 3 nights at the O2 last year were sold out in less than an hour - that's 54,000 tickets. The press here for the tour last year and the hype surrounding Christine's return was MASSIVE. It was splashed all over the music magazines and they had a big spread in the Metro newspaper. I've never seen so much Fleetwood Mac related hype in the UK.