The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Stevie still not on board for new album.

This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:40 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
This according to Mick at a meet and greet. So Stevie only wanted Christine back to tour? She hates Lindsey that much? Well count me as someone seriously disappointed in her.
Whatever her reasons are, time is beginning to run short for these folks and their ability to work together.

And without a gimmick to promote (like Christine back for the first time in 17 years, or a new album), I don't see this band being able to keep doing the greatest hits tour circuit and selling out arenas.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Registered

Quote:
What exactly did he say
Old 10-13-2014, 10:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I understand the situation on not liking coworkers .I've been there.I had plenty of aholes at the last job.

I did not know about this.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-13-2014, 10:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I said earlier this year that hopes were going to be dashed on that new record. Could it still happen? Yes. But the longer they get away from it, the less likely it is.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Didn't she get Lindsey to work on Soldier's Angel and said that was a great experience? Unless that was all pr...
Old 10-13-2014, 10:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Didn't she get Lindsey to work on Soldier's Angel and said that was a great experience? Unless that was all pr...
It's always a great experience for her when someone else is producing the record.
Old 10-13-2014, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

who did he say this to? A Ledgie? If a Ledgie heard this, please tell us about the conversation-- what did he say exactly? What was the question he was responding to?

Would love to get more info on this…

Cannot believe she would be that obtuse at this point in their careers. Might this be a negotiating strategy by Stevie or her team??
Old 10-13-2014, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Might this be a negotiating strategy by Stevie or her team??
Very likely. She's not getting something she's demanding, so she's withholding her participation until her requests are fulfilled. But the big question is, what are those requests? Is she worried about the oversaturation of the Mac with these back to back oldies tours? Does she want to break and promote her new solo album? Does she want time to go write some new material to bring to the band after hearing what Chris & Lindsey have come up with? Is the issue of producers looming large again?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

This honestly does not come as a surprise to me. I wonder what her reservations are?

Is she being denied her choice of producers for her own songs? Or is she demanding the entire album be produced by her choice of producer? The latter could be tricky, given how Lindsey & Christine's songs are apparently finished.

Or is Stevie not liking what she's heard from Lindsey & Christine's sessions? Maybe she's demanding a reboot?

Perhaps she's pulling a Lindsey- demanding time for her solo career after these consecutive Mac tours?
Old 10-13-2014, 11:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Is she being denied her choice of producers for her own songs? Or is she demanding the entire album be produced by her choice of producer? The latter could be tricky, given how Lindsey & Christine's songs are apparently finished.
I wouldn't be surprised if she wants Dave for her songs, but I doubt she's that worried about the other tracks.

Quote:
Or is Stevie not liking what she's heard from Lindsey & Christine's sessions? Maybe she's demanding a reboot?
I don't think this is it either. Didn't Stevie say in a recent interview that she hasn't heard their material yet?

Quote:
Perhaps she's pulling a Lindsey- demanding time for her solo career after these consecutive Mac tours?
I can certainly see her wanting to get in a tour for 24KG, perhaps in the second half of 2015, but that wouldn't have to stop her from participating in a Mac album next year too, not after the way she pulled 24KG together in a flash.
Old 10-13-2014, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This honestly does not come as a surprise to me. I wonder what her reservations are?

I doubt that Stevie has even heard Lindsey and Christine's sessions yet. It's been clear that she hadn't agreed to a new album all along, so it's not a surprise.

When those new 2015 dates came out, I couldn't see how a new album could be fit in. No matter what they hope and dream, I don't see them working on an album after this tour. The only thing I wished was that they could do an album between tour segments, but now that 2015 will start so soon, that hope was dashed too.

The only way there will be an album is if Lindsey and Christine record without Stevie. Since they will already have made lots of tour money in 2014-2015, I don't see what they could lose by recording without her at this point. They won't lose money and I doubt they will lose critical acclaim. They will lose some album sales without Stevie, but this wasn't going to be a block buster album anyway. If they care anything about expressing themselves creatively, they'd just put an album out without her. They disappoint me by not doing so.

Michele
Old 10-13-2014, 11:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethelblues View Post
Yes but that was on Stevie's terms and in her own house...Stevie had the final say on what happened...
Old 10-13-2014, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These old farts are so dramatic and over the top about everything. I could see ANY of the reasons already listed being reasons that she would be holding out.

Or maybe she's still pissed about "Stand Back" getting banned from the setlist this year. I say that half in jest, but I could totally see that having been a huge fight during rehearsals.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is nothing new...Stevie's been holding the "touring revenue" over the boys heads for years...They wont stand up to Stevie for fear of losing the "cash cow" tours...