Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2017, 07:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Yay, Angel ....at last???. Maybe.
That's THE one song I would love to hear.
I really hope not! Because if they play Angel, I will have to go and give this band all my money for a ticket in the first row - because, you know, it's Angel.
Old 08-29-2017, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Yay, Angel ....at last???. Maybe.
That's THE one song I would love to hear.
I would love to see Angel. Her recent SOTM is awful. She just can't sing it.
I don't think she would have trouble w/ Angel and it's also a Tusk song.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
I really hope not! Because if they play Angel, I will have to go and give this band all my money for a ticket in the first row - because, you know, it's Angel.
I have to admit, I'd wait to hear how she sings it... but if good.. I might go see them.. one of my fav songs..

Having said that, SOTM is one of my favs.. but the way they perform it now is sooooo boring.. It's just lifeless. But, I think Angel has that bouncey FMac feel.
Old 08-29-2017, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
this bit was interesting:

She said to me, "Let's sit down and really listen to some stuff that sort of almost got forgotten." So I know she's already thinking she wants to do some things we haven't done in years. I always think that Stevie and Lindsey should do a Buckingham Nicks song in the set. And have Christine should do a blues song. I hope it certainly won't be the same show as we did before.
Yes it was! It did make me wonder, though... exactly what is left that they haven't done in years, especially of Stevie's stuff? Really not a whole lot. Aside from "Angel," maybe "Fireflies"? Of things they've never done, maybe "Straight Back"? I can't see them doing either of her Side 2 songs from TITN... And SYW is probably off the table due to the lack of Christine and Stevie's hard feelings about it...
Old 08-29-2017, 11:01 AM
Ledgie

Another vote for Angel - that would be a great choice for a Stevie/FMac song on the next tour -- fans love it, it's pretty much within her vocal range and has that classic Mick/John rhythm and bass.

Personally I'd love to hear the 3 vocalists do live harmony on Honey Hi. A gorgeous little song that Christine and L&S could still do well with their current voices, and I don't think they've ever done it on tour.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinker12 View Post
Yes it was! It did make me wonder, though... exactly what is left that they haven't done in years, especially of Stevie's stuff? Really not a whole lot. Aside from "Angel," maybe "Fireflies"? Of things they've never done, maybe "Straight Back"? I can't see them doing either of her Side 2 songs from TITN... And SYW is probably off the table due to the lack of Christine and Stevie's hard feelings about it...
That's Alright, I Don't Want to Know, Straight Back, Fireflies, When I See You Again, Welcome to the Room, Sara, and Crystal are the Stevie songs that haven't been performed live (might be wrong about Crystal).

Warm Ways, Over My Head, Honey Hi, Mystified, You and I II, Sugar Daddy, One More Night, and by Christine.

Book of Love, Can't Go Back, Caroline, Tango in the Night, Family Man, and Empire State by Lindsey.

These songs were played on one or two tours- Isn't It Midnight, Brown Eyes, Seven Wonders, Over and Over, Storms, Beautiful Child, Think About Me, Hold Me, Love in Store, Eyes of the World, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Big Love, Angel, Save Me a Place, That's All For Everyone, and What Makes You Think You're the One.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
That's Alright, I Don't Want to Know, Straight Back, Fireflies, When I See You Again, Welcome to the Room, Sara, and Crystal are the Stevie songs that haven't been performed live (might be wrong about Crystal).

Warm Ways, Over My Head, Honey Hi, Mystified, You and I II, Sugar Daddy, One More Night, and by Christine.

Book of Love, Can't Go Back, Caroline, Tango in the Night, Family Man, and Empire State by Lindsey.

These songs were played on one or two tours- Isn't It Midnight, Brown Eyes, Seven Wonders, Over and Over, Storms, Beautiful Child, Think About Me, Hold Me, Love in Store, Eyes of the World, I Know I'm Not Wrong, Big Love, Angel, Save Me a Place, That's All For Everyone, and What Makes You Think You're the One.
Big Love??
Old 08-29-2017, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
How interesting.

I think Lindsey is the one who doesn't want to spice up the set list. I think I read somewhere (but I'll admit I don't remember where) that he thinks a Fleetwood Mac show should be a Fleetwood Mac show, which is why they dropped the solo songs and why they never do a Buckingham Nicks song. Maybe the BuckVie tour has gotten him to change his mind a little. We'll have to see.
well, it raises the question then of just how he is defining "Fleetwood Mac".... it sounds like he means the BN era of FM, because they stopped doing older Mac stuff eons ago.

If Mick is serious, and the band wants to truly represent the breadth and depth of their catalogue, there has to be at least one Peter Green song. They used to do Oh Well, which has a great energy... Green Manalishi? I love John's playing on that song, but the style of guitar playing is a bit heavier than Lindsey's so not sure...... Love Hypnotized and I think these 3 singing it would be great but band politics likely precludes its inclusion.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

pretty sure Over My Head was played as it was a hit off the first album.
Old 08-29-2017, 12:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
pretty sure Over My Head was played as it was a hit off the first album.
Yep, I meant Only Over You, not Over My Head. Thanks! And thanks to Mike for pointing out Big Love, which was performed on 2 different FM tours, I think.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

most of Tusk by Lindsey - including The Ledge, What Makes You Think, Walk a Thin Line, Save Me A Place. (he always performs IKINW and NTF of his Tusk deep cuts)

most of SYW by Lindsey - including Steel Your Heart Away, Red Rover, Murrow. (he's only performed Bleed To Love Her and Say Goodbye on recent Mac tours.)

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 08-29-2017, 01:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yep, I meant Only Over You, not Over My Head. Thanks! And thanks to Mike for pointing out Big Love, which was performed on 2 different FM tours, I think.
Hasn't Big Love been a fixture in the set since its debut (in a FM show) on The Dance? I'm thinking that's about, what, 5 tours and all shows not part of a tour.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
most of Tusk by Lindsey - including The Ledge, What Makes You Think, Walk a Thin Line, Save Me A Place. (he always performs IKINW and NTF of his Tusk deep cuts)

most of SYW by Lindsey - including Steel Your Heart Away, Red Rover, Murrow. (he's only performed Bleed To Love Her and Say Goodbye on recent Mac tours.)
Red Rover was definitely performed on the second leg of SYW tour including the show I saw.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Hasn't Big Love been a fixture in the set since its debut (in a FM show) on The Dance? I'm thinking that's about, what, 5 tours and all shows not part of a tour.
well, the acoustic version.

It'd be a nice change I guess to hear the band version.
Old 08-29-2017, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
yes. both FM and LB solo shows.

the only tour where LB is not doing Big Love is the current BuckVie tour.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"