No 6 4.05%
Suck it and see 4 2.70%
Voters: 148. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Can we be tired of it happening?
All of us are tired of different things, I'm sure.

Michele
Old 01-16-2014, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

They could hire Stomp to do a Tusk remake.

I saw these guys on PBS and enjoyed them.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 01-16-2014, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrStevie View Post
Please show me where Stevie complained Lindsey ruined her stuff, or where she said HE was the cause of her unhappiness with the recording process during SYW. Thanks.
As soon as the Unleashed interviews started Stevie said since it's been 5 years she can be honest and say that she was unhappy making SYW and that unhappiness ruined the tour for her as well. “It was five years ago now so I can say I didn’t like it at all; I didn’t like making it. I didn’t like the songs, so that tour was very hard for me.” She said that in 2009 in the Sunday Express, but it's been said in several interviews. Stevie has been open about her displeasure with the SYW recording process for years. And I believe that she said that she couldn't understand why her demos sounded better than the finished product and that frustrated her.

As for Lindsey being the cause of her unhappiness:

Quote:
I think Fleetwood Mac is thinking about working next year and we'll see how that goes. Lindsey knows that I did not have a great time during Say You Will. Because he was just not being very nice or friendly to me. And at my old age I'm like, "Please! I can't do it". Why should I? I have a great, great band. I just did a show two nights ago that got such a flamingly fantastic review. So the only reason for me to do this is for my heart. I 've always loved being in Fleetwood Mac and I'm never going to be the one to squash it if I think there is this much hope. So if Lindsey Buckingham wants to be the Lindsey Buckingham that he was a long time ago—and be happy with me and enjoy what I do, and enjoy my celebrity and just appreciate the marvellous gift of being in this elite band—then I will do it again. I will also walk away so fast that the palm tree tops will fall on his head.
Old 01-16-2014, 05:25 PM
Ledgie

Last night I put on my headphones and listened to the Live in Nashville (May 21, 1977) bootleg. It's probably their best recorded live performance. They were a BAND. They sang and played as a really tight unit. Now, I don't expect the singing to match what they were capable of back then (Stevie's higher register was still intact), but if they're going to record and/or tour with Christine rejoined, then I'd like to feel some of that old unity again. Is that even possible? I don't know. Should they go back to playing without the extra musicians and backup singers? I don't know.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Some of Lindsey's 'Say You Will' tracks were co-produced with Rob Cavallo and John Shanks, while Lindsey was the sole producer on Stevie's tracks. Fleetwood Mac could very easily do the reverse for the next album: Lindsey as the solo producer on his tracks and possibly Christine's as well, while he co-produces Stevie's tracks with someone else.
And the album unfortunately is very inconsistent. Even Lindsey says so now.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockawayBlind View Post
And the album unfortunately is very inconsistent. Even Lindsey says so now.
I think that might have had more to do with the six or seven years that went by between the recording of Lindsey's tracks and the recording of Stevie's, rather than the fact that there were additional producers.
Old 01-17-2014, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Let's not forget all of the amazing demos of Stevie's that Lindsey has made much better. There are many more of those then the opposite. Look what Lindsey did to songs like Gypsy.
Old 01-17-2014, 03:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I mean, I actually think Lindsey's going to produce the album and then in 2016 Stevie will say her demos sounded a lot better than his finished product. That's what I think will happen. But if I had a wish, she would be Lennon and McCartney with Dave, all over again.
With the "Annabel Lee" arrangement and production style, Dave actually did a better old-school Lindsey Buckingham than Lindsey himself has done in his own work—probably since "Countdown" and "Soul Drifter" twenty years ago.

Dave also got beautifully hushed vocals out of Stevie on a few of the songs on that album. Lindsey hasn't captured a great vocal out of Stevie since "That's Alright."

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 01-17-2014, 04:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
With the "Annabel Lee" arrangement and production style, Dave actually did a better old-school Lindsey Buckingham than Lindsey himself has done in his own work—probably since "Countdown" and "Soul Drifter" twenty years ago.

Dave also got beautifully hushed vocals out of Stevie on a few of the songs on that album. Lindsey hasn't captured a great vocal out of Stevie since "That's Alright."
Completely agreed. Hushed vocal and falsetto. He made her sound 30 years younger.

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 01-17-2014, 04:28 AM
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
I have to give to you on that one...
Old 01-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still think they should go in with songideas and record an album with
Jack White as a producer with a deadline of 4 months. He can do that.

Old 01-17-2014, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My prediction is that Stevie's FM songs will be recorded at her house with Dave Stewart co-producing...
Old 01-17-2014, 02:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh my goodness .These five people have collectively well over 200 years of experience of making records and some of these recordings are some of the most iconic of the rock era. I understand all of the baggage that this also brings but it still seems unreasonable that they cannot pull it together to make one more album where all of the Five are fully invested .

Old 01-17-2014, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Lucas View Post
Thanks for posting those links, Steve. It's been a while since I've listened to Thompson, so I'm going to have to pull out those Fromm-produced records on the iPod and give them a spin.

Here are some links to tracks produced by Daniel Lanois and Jon Brion, respectively.

Regards,
matt

Daniel Lanois productions:

Jon Brion productions:
I don't think Daniel Lanois would be good fit for Fleetwood Mac, but I think I’d love to hear him do produce a solo album (namely a Lindsey Buckingham solo album). His production style seems to use a lot of droning guitars with a lot of busy though not especially groove heavy drumming going on in the background, and the vocals don’t seem to be especially dynamic. Fleetwood Mac’s sound traditionally has been very driven by a drum-bass-keyboard groove and has been loaded with harmony. Lindsey can get droney, but it doesn’t drive the song the way it appears to on a Lanois produced song.

If it were just the SYW line-up, Jon Brion would be an amazing fit. I’ll even say it’s unfortunate that their paths didn’t cross back when they were recording Stevie’s material. Very guitar driven, with lighter keyboards. Even songs like Rhett Miller’s “Come Around,” which has a very present piano, are still mostly guitar driven. Traditionally, the Fleetwood-McVie-McVie rhythm section drives the songs in Fleetwood Mac.

I think that’s why I think Froom is the best choice, if they need an outside producer that isn’t Ken or Richard. He's a piano player and understand how a rhythm section can drive a song while the guitarist (and, in his case, typically a folky guitarist) does his or her thing. He also gets lots of great harmonies.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 01-17-2014 at 03:15 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I know i haven't been here in a while. But with Chris Back, my interest in the band is back and yes I want a new album.

Mick

-Tom Waits