User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-01-2018, 04:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post
I agree, how could someone think that was ok??..........unless they were told by a legal team.

When I read this comment about the anger and depression, it suddenly hit me, what a horrible place Lindsey must have been in. It made my heart ache to think of what his heart had been feeling. No wonder Kristen commented on him being so blindsided and hurt.
I cannot pretend that the heart ache falls away.

But let’s say he went psycho about Rhiannon. He may have. He is not the, “oh my goodness. I did not know there would be walk out music. Bless you,” type.

He may have pitched a fit. It is no reason to fire him. New Year’s Eve 1974. After everything that has happened and all of his contributions, the only reason I see firing him is if they discovered he took a hit out on the four of them.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbBen View Post
Of course she had reasons, or at least one reason. I would love to see a video of Lindsey's outburst over the walkout music at Musicares. If he really flew off the handle in a particularly nasty way, it might explain a lot.
Lol, this is Stevie Nicks. When people make posts like these and the original, I genuinely wonder if they really have paid any attention to anything Stevie Nicks has done over the past 50 years. I can 100% believe that she would indeed be that dramatic. This is a woman who bawled her eyes out over the high art that was the Twilight movies and a Katy Perry music video, who has aired out just about every grievance she's ever had, who, even the 2000s thought that her ex-boyfriend of a billion years ago who was now married with children still wasn't over her, who told that same ex-boyfriend that palm trees were gonna fall on his head and later admitted she was mostly just upset because she didn't like the album. She's a very dramatic person with an assistant that does practically everything for her. She lives in a bubble and has admitted it. I can absolutely, 100% believe that she would put out an ultimatum like that for mostly petty reasons.

Seriously, I'll never deny Lindsey being difficult but unless he was literally on the verge of blowing the band to bits, I can't find a legitimate reason to fire someone after so many years of hard work. I can't think of anything crueler.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I cannot pretend that the heart ache falls away.

But let’s say he went psycho about Rhiannon. He may have. He is not the, “oh my goodness. I did not know there would be walk out music. Bless you,” type.

He may have pitched a fit. It is no reason to fire him. New Year’s Eve 1974. After everything that has happened and all of his contributions, the only reason I see firing him is if they discovered he took a hit out on the four of them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol, this is Stevie Nicks. When people make posts like these and the original, I genuinely wonder if they really have paid any attention to anything Stevie Nicks has done over the past 50 years. I can 100% believe that she would indeed be that dramatic. This is a woman who bawled her eyes out over the high art that was the Twilight movies and a Katy Perry music video, who has aired out just about every grievance she's ever had, who, even the 2000s thought that her ex-boyfriend of a billion years ago who was now married with children still wasn't over her, who told that same ex-boyfriend that palm trees were gonna fall on his head and later admitted she was mostly just upset because she didn't like the album. She's a very dramatic person with an assistant that does practically everything for her. She lives in a bubble and has admitted it. I can absolutely, 100% believe that she would put out an ultimatum like that for mostly petty reasons.

Seriously, I'll never deny Lindsey being difficult but unless he was literally on the verge of blowing the band to bits, I can't find a legitimate reason to fire someone after so many years of hard work. I can't think of anything crueler.
Yep, I'd believe it if someone said he pitched a fit of epic proportions. Lindsey has always been difficult. But they all have.
Mick was drunk, stoned, spending money or all over the place.
John had his fair share of drinking issues and being unavailable.
Stevie was all over the map, drunk and stoned, and MIA.
Chris, I'm sure she wasn't a peach all the time.

And I agree, it still didn't warrant what they did to him.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango View Post
Wow:

"The thing I wish that all the fans would realize about FM, is that everyone, Stevie , Lindsey, Rick Vito, Billy, Bekka, Bob Weston etc are all really nice and fun people, the SOURPUSSES, are, and have always been, in my opinion, Mick, John and Chris, who have tended to act as if they were English 'royalty' and 'Better' than everybody else.

"I'll tell you another little secret that is not known at all except to a few close 'insiders' and me. I met Lindsey once at Chuck's Steak House, (next to the old 'Record Plant' studios) on Melrose in LA after Lindsey had been in the band maybe 6 months, and was in the middle of recording the white album. We had a couple of beers and then he confided in me, "how the hell did you stand it?" he asked me. I knew immediately what he meant...the "emotional atmosphere" created by Mick, John and Chris, all together in the same room could get intolerable at times...

"Any body who EVER was in FM, had to put up with some version of this.

"In the end, Lindsey was actually thinking of leaving FM 6 months after he joined...he didn't know if he could 'take' it...

"...it was not a 'fun group'...."

Last edited by cbBen; 11-02-2018 at 09:18 AM..
Old 11-01-2018, 06:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow:

"The attitude was, at the companies, 'dinosaur' rock is OVER, (this INCLUDED Fleetwood Mac) and the new thing, for the 'kids', was gonna be new wave, epitomized by The Knack, Pat Benatar, Sex Pistols etc.

"This was the EXACT reason that Lindsey did 'Tusk', changed HIS hairstyle, and made FM's music sound rougher and more harsh than it had been on 'Rumours' and the 'White Album'. We were all under the same pressure, from the record companies, and the notoriously trend oriented 'critics', to be 'hip' and to get on board the new thing, or be thought of as laughable old dinos."

Last edited by cbBen; 11-01-2018 at 09:58 PM..
Old 11-01-2018, 06:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Lol, this is Stevie Nicks. When people make posts like these and the original, I genuinely wonder if they really have paid any attention to anything Stevie Nicks has done over the past 50 years.I can 100% believe that she would indeed be that dramatic. This is a woman who bawled her eyes out over the high art that was the Twilight movies and a Katy Perry music video, who has aired out just about every grievance she's ever had, who, even the 2000s thought that her ex-boyfriend of a billion years ago who was now married with children still wasn't over her, who told that same ex-boyfriend that palm trees were gonna fall on his head and later admitted she was mostly just upset because she didn't like the album. She's a very dramatic person with an assistant that does practically everything for her. She lives in a bubble and has admitted it. I can absolutely, 100% believe that she would put out an ultimatum like that for mostly petty reasons.
right? this is Fleetwood Mac. expecting logic and sober reasoning from them makes no sense. why do people expect logic somehow all of the sudden where there never was before?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"

Last edited by elle; 11-01-2018 at 06:55 PM..
Old 11-01-2018, 07:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Bob Welch on Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame snub:

"The RnR hall of fame thing hurt my feelings, naturally, but I think Mick would've done that even before the lawsuit. Here's why; Mick (and John, and Chris) associate Pete Green with the high flying glory days of their youth, when FM was first breaking out in Europe. They associate Stevie and Lindsey, naturally enough, with the most glamorous, successful and exciting period in FMs' history, when FM became worldwide stars. They associate MY 5 years with the band, in contrast, with a very difficult time emotionally, which it was; losing Pete Green, having to redefine what their music would be, the Davis lawsuit etc. Even though the band survived because of what we went through in that period, it's not pleasant to think about for them,and so they DON'T think about it and pretend it doesn't exist. Of course I'm sure Stevie and Lindsey think all this b.s is pretty irrelevant, which it is, for them. Gee I'm starting to sound like Xavier Pacheco ! ;-) Stevie has always been great to me BTW... My beef with Mick, John, and Chris had absolutely nothing to do with her, or Lindsey."

I confess unfamiliarity with his period in the band, but I do think it would have only led to griping from the other excluded members had they included him.

It makes sense to me that they drew the line at the Rumors and Then Play On/Boston Tea Party lineups.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
It makes sense to me that they drew the line at the Rumors and Then Play On/Boston Tea Party lineups.
Ooh, that's a brave opinion! I'm not sure you'll get too many here agreeing with you there. The subject's been done to death, anyway. For what it's worth, I would have (probably) just included the eight who got inducted, plus Bob Welch, although excluding Bob Weston pains me a bit. His guitar work was great, but the man himself was rather charmingly nonchalant and British about missing out, if you read his Q & A. I'm not sure that the exclusion of the other six ex-members at the time would worry me that much.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Of course she had reasons, or at least one reason. I would love to see a video of Lindsey's outburst over the walkout music at Musicares. If he really flew off the handle in a particularly nasty way, it might explain a lot.
Her only reason was Buckingham McVie. The end.

Oh, I’d also love to see so many videos of Stevie’s outbursts towards many members of the band and crew over the years, but unfortunately that’s not gonna happen
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 11-01-2018, 07:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Her only reason was Buckingham McVie. The end.

Oh, I’d also love to see so many videos of Stevie’s outbursts towards many members of the band and crew over the years, but unfortunately that’s not gonna happen
or her outbursts towards the current band members.

there's a reason Neil and Mike IG posts would never give unsuspected any clues of them actually being either members or contractors with FM.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 11-01-2018, 08:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
"I'll tell you another little secret that is not known at all except to a few close 'insiders' and me. I met Lindsey once at Chuck's Steak House, (next to the old 'Record Plant' studios) on Melrose in LA after Lindsey had been in the band maybe 6 months, and was in the middle of recording the white album. We had a couple of beers and then he confided in me, "how the hell did you stand it?" he asked me. I knew immediately what he meant...the "emotional atmosphere" created by Mick, John and Chris, all together in the same room could get intolerable at times...

"Any body who EVER was in FM, had to put up with some version of this.

"In the end, Lindsey was actually thinking of leaving FM 6 months after he joined...he didn't know if he could 'take' it...

"...it was not a 'fun group'...."
Fascinating quotes. Thank you.
(His Q&A is so long it's hard to remember it all.)

This quote reminded me of the rehearsal interview for The Dance.
The five of them are sitting/standing together next to some equipment boxes and answering questions. (Stevie is sitting on top of one of the boxes in some sort of lotus position..)
John and Christine are off to one side. When the interviewer turns to the topic of 1992 Clinton performance, and Chris says "(The audience) really got into it. Even "old Prez" got up--oh, sorry.. "Mr. President"." Then she and John lean towards one another and chuckle away like a private joke. Stevie and Lindsey are looking on at them like "Hmm.. ." It made me realize what a divide there was between the US and UK contingent. Utterly different backgrounds (and unlike some expatriates, Chris Mick and John all have their same thick accents, as if they never really adapted.) I can see now that they may indeed be in their own little bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBji-8-3jo&t=686s
From about 7:00
Old 11-01-2018, 08:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Fascinating quotes. Thank you.
(His Q&A is so long it's hard to remember it all.)

This quote reminded me of the rehearsal interview for The Dance.
The five of them are sitting/standing together next to some equipment boxes and answering questions. (Stevie is sitting on top of one of the boxes in some sort of lotus position..)
John and Christine are off to one side. When the interviewer turns to the topic of 1992 Clinton performance, and Chris says "(The audience) really got into it. Even "old Prez" got up--oh, sorry.. "Mr. President"." Then she and John lean towards one another and chuckle away like a private joke. Stevie and Lindsey are looking on at them like "Hmm.. ." It made me realize what a divide there was between the US and UK contingent. Utterly different backgrounds (and unlike some expatriates, Chris Mick and John all have their same thick accents, as if they never really adapted.) I can see now that they may indeed be in their own little bubble.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGBji-8-3jo&t=686s
From about 7:00

All I can see when I watch that is how close Stevie and Lindsey seem to be.

So freaking sad, to destroy that relationship, after fifty freaking years.

Old 11-02-2018, 12:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
All I can see when I watch that is how close Stevie and Lindsey seem to be.

So freaking sad, to destroy that relationship, after fifty freaking years.
yes, she's all about how he made her music so beautiful and amazing, and he kisses her on the head basking in her praise.

you'd think a hundred years on they'd've let all that go, but nope.
Old 11-02-2018, 12:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
I think Stevie uses Mick. Oh, I am sure she cares for him and did back then too, but I believe he shielded her from "The Big, Bad Wolf" after their break-up. She ran to Mick to protect her and be on her side.

In her own words....nothing ever changes.
Indeed.

Stevie does have a tendency to get involved with men who can help her career/do something for her.....LB, Mick, Paul Fishkin, Jimmy, and many others.

Mick was still managing FM when she got involved with him

Curious, isn't it, how the power has shifted over the years-- first Mick had it, then S&L joined, and slowly LB took over the power-- controlling the band's sound and direction, producing, musical director etc.., and then Stevie took it from them both.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I love you!

It's true that I have no trouble at all believing that LB lost his stuff. He's an edgy artiste and he's quite self-conscious (I think they all are, actually). Firing, though, requires a whole different set of circumstances: first of all, some sort of collusion among other members, and secondly a deed that was either warned off well in advance or shocked the remaining members into unheralded action.

moviekinks.blogspot.com