The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-16-2017, 03:18 AM
tango87 tango87 is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 130
Default Stevie Nicks is a distraction Fleetwood Mac cannot afford...

In the interest of fairness...

Stevie:

- Says there's no money in new music so refuses to make a new album

- Won't get out of bed to rehearse until after 3pm

- Calls Lindsey 'Mr Useless'

We all know that Buckingham/McVie was supposed to be the new Mac album. They could be touring behind it now as a group. So Ms Nicks's attitude is holding the group back from moving on.

Discuss...
Reply With Quote
.
  #2  
Old 08-16-2017, 06:39 AM
seanthompson seanthompson is offline
Senior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 134
Heart

I am at a total loss of any kind of explanation. The only thing I can think of is, perhaps, Stevie is wrapping up her solo career and is seeking to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a solo artist. Otherwise, I have absolutely no idea. They could have been on their second or third Fleetwood Mac album by now since the reformation of the the five fireflies in 2014. I still hold hope the upcoming Buckingham solo project slated for early 2018 morphs into the last great Mac album followed by the Farewell Tour. In these strange times, who can say? The world needs a great Fleetwood Mac album, especially now. Yes, I love Buckingham McVie; though, imagine if it was a double album with all five members. What's baffling is there's no explanation from the band.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-16-2017, 07:35 AM
sleepless child's Avatar
sleepless child sleepless child is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 362
Default

I love Stevie, but this has been so frustrating to me.

You miss Christine. Christine comes back. Now you don't want to do an album with all 5 members. I understand you want to tour with 24K but you don't want to do an album at all because you say no one will buy it.

But you will do a solo album that won't sell as much as a Mac album would. The biggest frustration is that she wants to tour with the Mac. So lets just go out do the same songs and make millions from us fans, but don't give us new music. I still love her and follow her career but it's not quite the same following this past year.
__________________

I have changed, but you remain ageless
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-16-2017, 07:51 AM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 578
Default

So the sleeping during the day thing has been what she does since what...1974? This is not a newflash to the members of FM or anyone else. The Mr. Useless comment is being taken way out of context in my opinion and is nothing worse than he has said or done to her in the past. And I suspect that she is just truly over the control freak in the studio so doesnt want to record with him anymore.
__________________
Love is a word and some entertain it...if you find it...you have won the game baby
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-16-2017, 08:47 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
So the sleeping during the day thing has been what she does since what...1974? This is not a newflash to the members of FM or anyone else. The Mr. Useless comment is being taken way out of context in my opinion and is nothing worse than he has said or done to her in the past. And I suspect that she is just truly over the control freak in the studio so doesnt want to record with him anymore.
She should hire you as her publicist.

Lort knows she could use one, lately.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-16-2017, 09:04 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,543
Default

I guess she had me fooled for awhile. I thought she really showed Christine McVie a lot of respect when Christine retired. But, her attitude and comments over the past several years have really eroded my interest in her. (sans WH and BD remasters... I obsess over those albums because they are just so damn good)

In my opinion, her ignorance is quite staggering. It's not just the useless comment. Her comments about making money in music, and growing old, and body shaming people her age tell me that she has no idea what it would be like to live in a world without mega money and a staff and posse always telling you how amazing you are.

She's lost her mind for making some of the comments that she has. Mr. Useless? The guy that got you in the band that made you the pseudo diva you are today is useless??? The guy that told an already famous band that he's not joining unless Stevie joins too?? Bitch please, have several seats and shut the hell up. You are so full of yourself.

Continue to have people write for you and do another solo album. Collaborate with some young artists and/or soundtrack (the last one was beautiful). And just stop talking. STOP TALKING. Nobody gives a damn that you can't wake up at a reasonable hour to work with the band that got you there. STOP TALKING ABOUT LINDSEY SO MUCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH HIM. Next time someone wants to interview you, DECLINE!!

and that's just HOW I FEEL... pun intended.
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-16-2017, 09:17 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,634
Default



She should leave the band and just do her own thing. I think that's what she actually wants to do, anyway.

I wish they had the balls to just go on without her.
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-16-2017, 09:44 AM
Macfan4life's Avatar
Macfan4life Macfan4life is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Somewhere out in the back of your mind
Posts: 1,917
Default

I believe this topic was beat to death several months ago when we all finally realized Stevie was not going to go into the studio with the Mac. I admit I was shocked she declined. She was always there for the Mac. But I called out her outrageous and false statements about why she did not join the Mac in the studio. It was bitter for me because the miracle of Christine coming back to the band made me dream of one final Mac album. However, I have accepted this and love the Buck/McVie album although I would have preferred a Mac album. Stevie's latest comments reveal she is jealous or not ok that Lindsey and most of the band went on without her. I also strongly believe if you decline to record with your band then you have officially left the band. I don't understand why she only wants to tour. She has one foot in and one foot out of the band. Its not right
Just imagine if Lindsey said "Stevie was Miss Useless back then. I stayed home, practiced guitar and developed our music career. She just cleaned toilets while I worked on music. Lindsey would be called out for being so harsh. So I think her statement was wrong even though she meant it as a joke. Lindsey worked so hard and that is why he was asked to join the Mac and they made it in music. She is not ok with this latest Lindsey adventure and she is using code language to say it.
__________________

Still I believe.....LOVE will show us how
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-16-2017, 09:58 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepless child View Post
I love Stevie, but this has been so frustrating to me.

You miss Christine. Christine comes back. Now you don't want to do an album with all 5 members. I understand you want to tour with 24K but you don't want to do an album at all because you say no one will buy it.

But you will do a solo album that won't sell as much as a Mac album would. The biggest frustration is that she wants to tour with the Mac. So lets just go out do the same songs and make millions from us fans, but don't give us new music. I still love her and follow her career but it's not quite the same following this past year.
Thank you for being a coherent Stevie fans.

What irks me the most is how she talked during 16 years about Christine's absence and how much she missed her, and how she reached to her when she wanted to come back, but once she does, and Christine wants to make new music, her hate towards Lindsey prevented her from helping her so-called friend. Forget Lindsey, what she did to Christine is what bothers me the most.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-16-2017, 10:07 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I guess she had me fooled for awhile. I thought she really showed Christine McVie a lot of respect when Christine retired. But, her attitude and comments over the past several years have really eroded my interest in her. (sans WH and BD remasters... I obsess over those albums because they are just so damn good)

In my opinion, her ignorance is quite staggering. It's not just the useless comment. Her comments about making money in music, and growing old, and body shaming people her age tell me that she has no idea what it would be like to live in a world without mega money and a staff and posse always telling you how amazing you are.

She's lost her mind for making some of the comments that she has. Mr. Useless? The guy that got you in the band that made you the pseudo diva you are today is useless??? The guy that told an already famous band that he's not joining unless Stevie joins too?? Bitch please, have several seats and shut the hell up. You are so full of yourself.

Continue to have people write for you and do another solo album. Collaborate with some young artists and/or soundtrack (the last one was beautiful). And just stop talking. STOP TALKING. Nobody gives a damn that you can't wake up at a reasonable hour to work with the band that got you there. STOP TALKING ABOUT LINDSEY SO MUCH IF YOU DON'T WANT TO WORK WITH HIM. Next time someone wants to interview you, DECLINE!!

and that's just HOW I FEEL... pun intended.
Like I said before I read your comment what angers me the most is her attitude towards Christine. You wanted her to come back, she did and how do you pay her? You refused to work with her on her new material, only because you want to be the boss around Lindsey.

Pathetic, and the only thing you're showing here is that you're still in love with him. Because she is. She dumped him 40 years ago and she still wants him around her to worship her. Not anymore, because he has Christine now.

Mr. Useless and Christine f*cking McVie are the new King and Queen of FM, baby!!!
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 08-16-2017, 10:28 AM
HomerMcvie's Avatar
HomerMcvie HomerMcvie is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Indiana/Tennessee
Posts: 9,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Mr. Useless and Christine f*cking McVie are the new King and Queen of FM, baby!!!
I love you!
__________________
and Stevie Nicks was starting to lumber along like a sod-packed wheelbarrow.
And I'm David, not Homer!(we all should be able to change our name, at least once)
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 08-16-2017, 11:30 AM
Buster Buster is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
She should hire you as her publicist.

Lort knows she could use one, lately.
She's doing just fine. Also, Fleetwood Mac hasn't been a "band" since the 80's. Lindsey and Christine certainly took lots of time off. Stevie can as well.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 08-16-2017, 11:41 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,543
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Like I said before I read your comment what angers me the most is her attitude towards Christine. You wanted her to come back, she did and how do you pay her? You refused to work with her on her new material, only because you want to be the boss around Lindsey.

Pathetic, and the only thing you're showing here is that you're still in love with him. Because she is. She dumped him 40 years ago and she still wants him around her to worship her. Not anymore, because he has Christine now.

Mr. Useless and Christine f*cking McVie are the new King and Queen of FM, baby!!!
Get those shirts made!!! hahahaha
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 08-16-2017, 11:56 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buster View Post
She's doing just fine. Also, Fleetwood Mac hasn't been a "band" since the 80's. Lindsey and Christine certainly took lots of time off. Stevie can as well.
Then why they continue touring if they are not a band? Because Stevie is certainly ready to tour, but not to record an album.

Stevie can take all the time in the world for herself. So much she can leave the "band" if she wants. But she doesn't.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 08-16-2017, 12:03 PM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Argentina
Posts: 701
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I love you!


Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Get those shirts made!!! hahahaha
And I can show them in those Cali concerts! Don't tempt me!
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..." - Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

E. Thomasson Tiffany Style Art Nouveau Daphne Lamp Vintage Stevie Nicks Owns One
$975.0
E. Thomasson Tiffany Style Art Nouveau Daphne Lamp Vintage Stevie Nicks Owns One pictureFleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee
$799.99
Fleetwood Mac Signed Photo Stevie Nicks Mick Fleetwood Christie McVee John McVee pictureFleetwood Mac Poster Tusk Two Sided Stevie Nicks
$199.99
Fleetwood Mac Poster  Tusk  Two Sided  Stevie Nicks pictureStevie Nicks & And Friends Offset Poster bob Masse Of Fleetwood Mac
$74.99
Stevie Nicks & And Friends Offset Poster bob Masse Of Fleetwood Mac pictureStevie Nicks Poster Best of Timespace Album Tour Promo Mint Fleetwood Mac
$69.99
Stevie Nicks Poster Best of Timespace Album Tour Promo Mint Fleetwood Mac picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved