The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read


Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16  
Old 08-15-2017, 03:39 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
The "MR Useless" phrase is about her getting a job in 73 or whenever... while Lindz woked on becoming a better guitarist. It's not a reference to him now in the least. Watch the video. It's around the 5 min mark.
read people's remarks. everyone is aware what it was about. and that it was about her being a "cleaning lady". everyone also read Keith Olsen's comments about how useless she really was as a cleaning lady.

she does come across as really bitter, i almost feel sad for her.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 08-15-2017, 04:14 PM
jmn3 jmn3 is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 658
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
read people's remarks. everyone is aware what it was about. and that it was about her being a "cleaning lady". everyone also read Keith Olsen's comments about how useless she really was as a cleaning lady.

she does come across as really bitter, i almost feel sad for her.
Right. I knew exactly what she was referencing. You have to read between the lines. Calling him Mr. Useless under the guise of referencing his inability to contribute to their ability to eat and pay the rent nearly 45 years ago is just another way for her to take a jab at him.

Agree about the bitterness - it is pretty sad.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 08-15-2017, 04:27 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 793
Default

I really doubt that Lindsay cares one bit about Stevie calling him Mr. Useless when describing their life in 1973. I mean, does anyone really thinks he gives a comment like that a second thought? Not making excuses for her, but this is an example of fans being more upset than Lindsay. Besides, if she really felt that way at the time, then her stupid comment says a lot more about her for staying with him.

Now if she had used that term in the present tense, I would think it a much bigger deal and could see why people would be offended for Lindsay.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 08-15-2017, 04:31 PM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
does anyone really thinks he gives a comment like that a second thought? Not making excuses for her, but this is an example of fans being more upset than Lindsay. Besides, if she really felt that way at the time, then her stupid comment says a lot more about her for staying with him.
i think fans are just sad for her., don't think anyone is really upset. that comment makes her look really bad.

he definitely doesn't care, although is probably sad for her too.

bwboy did you get your ticket for Cleveland yet? let's go boy, i will be there, want to see ya!
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 08-15-2017, 05:30 PM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 336
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deribish View Post
The "MR Useless" phrase is about her getting a job in 73 or whenever... while Lindz woked on becoming a better guitarist. It's not a reference to him now in the least. Watch the video. It's around the 5 min mark.

Ah, okay, better! Still not nice and I really wonder how long she can be so unforgiving. Not sure if Lindsey is any better.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 08-15-2017, 07:38 PM
bwboy bwboy is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Ohio
Posts: 793
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i think fans are just sad for her., don't think anyone is really upset. that comment makes her look really bad.

he definitely doesn't care, although is probably sad for her too.

bwboy did you get your ticket for Cleveland yet? let's go boy, i will be there, want to see ya!
Thanks for the encouragement, Elle! I remain on the fence, but I am much more likely to go to this venue because, even though Northfield/Cleveland is further away from me than Dayton was, I have a lot of friends there, so it would actually be easier on me. And it's a Friday. And it's their second leg, which means a second chance. If my friend up there says he'll go, then it's on; if he doesn't, we'll see. He's going to let me know by this weekend if he can go. I'm glad you're going. My friend didn't elaborate, but he said it's a decent venue.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-16-2017, 06:14 AM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 577
Default

She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music. Put yourself in her place. You are a 20 something year old female singer trying to break into the big leagues. Your boyfriend sits at home all day long and plays guitar while you are out working and paying the bills. Yeah...I dont think anyone on this board would appreciate that...and I also think that the language that would be used by them about their partner would be a lot more harsh than Mr. Useless.

But, go ahead, crucify her as usual. We all know Lindsey had a very spoiled upbringing. Has he ever had a real job? He has slapped her, thrown his guitar at her on stage, told her what to wear on stage and what not to wear. But she is the bitch here. Whatever....
__________________
Love is a word and some entertain it...if you find it...you have won the game baby
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-16-2017, 09:26 AM
AncientQueen AncientQueen is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 336
Default

^^^He was an ass then, she is a bitch now. His treatment of her has been criticized for decades. Hers is really hard to accept right now.

I think that Stevies recent statements regarding FM and especially Lindsey Buckingham are petty, mean and show how out of tune with decency she is.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-16-2017, 10:06 AM
elle's Avatar
elle elle is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: DC
Posts: 8,957
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music.
except that's not true, according to other people who were there. it's just Stevie's convenient story.

and he has always been classy about it and let her get away with telling that story, as he does.

her story was he worked as a telemarketer one day and got immediately fired. their friends' stories talk about him making money for them by painting houses for people. and of course as a session musician. something she couldn't do since she had no such skills.
__________________
"You know you should never believe what you read."
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-16-2017, 10:16 AM
button-lip's Avatar
button-lip button-lip is offline
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
She called him that because he refused to get a job other than working on music. Put yourself in her place. You are a 20 something year old female singer trying to break into the big leagues. Your boyfriend sits at home all day long and plays guitar while you are out working and paying the bills. Yeah...I dont think anyone on this board would appreciate that...and I also think that the language that would be used by them about their partner would be a lot more harsh than Mr. Useless.

But, go ahead, crucify her as usual. We all know Lindsey had a very spoiled upbringing. Has he ever had a real job? He has slapped her, thrown his guitar at her on stage, told her what to wear on stage and what not to wear. But she is the bitch here. Whatever....
So, if ok to call someone you have known for more than 50 years "useless" because he supposedly refused to get a job other than working on music? Why didn't she work on music too? Oh, right..... !

You don't know if anyone on this board hadn't live that situation, and she could have easily gone back to her Daddy, one of the big heads on Greyhound, and back to school.

Both had very spoiled upbringing. Don't put her here as a martyr who had to struggle to make ends meet, because we all know it was not the case. It was not as if she had no choice. She refused to take them because she didn't want to study and it was easier to dance and sing.
__________________
"This has been the best tour I've been on. Ever, ever, ever..."- Stevie Nicks. 24 Karat Gold Tour, Long Island, NY -April 6, 2017.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-16-2017, 11:33 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,404
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
^^^He was an ass then, she is a bitch now. His treatment of her has been criticized for decades. Hers is really hard to accept right now.

I think that Stevies recent statements regarding FM and especially Lindsey Buckingham are petty, mean and show how out of tune with decency she is.
THANK YOU!
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-16-2017, 11:37 AM
jbrownsjr jbrownsjr is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 10,404
Default

Does anyone else think it's pathetic that Stevie calls Lindsey 'Mr. Useless' and then informs us that she can't wake up until 3pm to rehearse with her band?
__________________
I would tell Christine Perfect, "You're Christine f***ing McVie, and don't you forget it!"
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-16-2017, 12:13 PM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 577
Default

I think it is pathetic to try to read something into this that isnt there. If they were that much at each others throats, I dont think that we would be hearing about a tour in 2018 at all. I, for one, hope it doesnt even happen. I do not think that Lindsey has the vocal chops anymore to tour. I would prefer to have Stevie solo anyway.
__________________
Love is a word and some entertain it...if you find it...you have won the game baby
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-16-2017, 12:18 PM
rajtrip rajtrip is offline
Junior Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnL View Post
I think it is pathetic to try to read something into this that isnt there. If they were that much at each others throats, I dont think that we would be hearing about a tour in 2018 at all. I, for one, hope it doesnt even happen. I do not think that Lindsey has the vocal chops anymore to tour. I would prefer to have Stevie solo anyway.
If we're going to be honest none of them have the vocal chops to tour, but we'll still see them
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-16-2017, 12:24 PM
JohnL JohnL is offline
Addicted Ledgie
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Tampa, Florida
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajtrip View Post
If we're going to be honest none of them have the vocal chops to tour, but we'll still see them
I still think Stevie and Christine sound pretty good. They may not hit the notes like they used to but I still thoroughly enjoy their voices.
__________________
Love is a word and some entertain it...if you find it...you have won the game baby
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump

1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031
$29.88
1976 Press Photo Carol Burnett & Billy Wilder - cvp77031 picture1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo
$20.0
1920 Elizabeth Burnett & Billy Peasley Fill Salvation Army Barrel Press Photo picture1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo
$20.0
1997 Pretty Blond Singer Bekka Bramlett With Billy Burnette Press Photo pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$11.91
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (3) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE pictureRARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE
$11.91
RARE 1980s Original 35mm Negative Strip of (5) Rock Star BILLY BURNETTE picture



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1995-2003 Martin and Lisa Adelson, All Rights Reserved