The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.
View Poll Results: what should LB do before FM tour?
work on his solo stuff / album? 12 37.50%
tinker with 16 recorded FM tracks? 20 62.50%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-06-2014, 05:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default what should LB do before FM tour

according to this new interview http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showpo...07&postcount=1 (however we don't have the whole interview yet i suspect, so maybe he said something different), it seems that FM is done with recording for now, after 2 months at the village.

so what should Lindsey do these 2 months before the rehearsals start:
  • work on his solo stuff / album?
  • tinker with 16 recorded FM tracks?

there are some other options i could think of, like collaborating on other people's albums (we know whenever he had a couple of weeks free in 2012, he was working on projects like NIN, This is 40, or putting out live OMS), but i will offer just these 2 options for now, because they seem to be the most probable.

my preference is clear - he promised us in vegas he'll try to get to some small machine work in between the mac stuff this year... seems like about now he actually has some time to do it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oh jeez. I don't know :/ if he tinkered with the fm songs, he could either over-do them, or make them brilliant... It can go either way. I'd rather he just get his ass back on tour OMS style! But maybe less is more, Tusk-style. I guess I'll go with solo!
Just a dream, just a dream.
Old 05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloMonster View Post
Oh jeez. I don't know :/ if he tinkered with the fm songs, he could either over-do them, or make them brilliant... It can go either way. I'd rather he just get his ass back on tour OMS style! But maybe less is more, Tusk-style. I guess I'll go with solo!
well, yeah, that would be my first choice, but i don't see him doing it on such short notice although he does still owe us that "request" tour! . plus he already did SWS and OMS tour after his last album, so he'd probably want to get some new music in before getting back on the road.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-06-2014, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh jeez. I don't know :/ if he tinkered with the fm songs, he could either over-do them, or make them brilliant... It can go either way.
except in the case they are waiting to add stevie to them, it seems he would be just wasting his time before they are completely recorded.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Solo stuff of course!
Old 05-06-2014, 07:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We only have May and June, though.

I assume when his kids get out of school, he'll vacation and then it's into rehearsals for FM in July.

Michele
Old 05-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
We only have May and June, though.

I assume when his kids get out of school, he'll vacation and then it's into rehearsals for FM in July.

Michele
he always vacations with kids in july, that's when he has his solo tour breaks. so i think rehearsals start in august which still gives them 2 months for rehearsals which i don't see why they'd really need.

so yeah, he has may and june. plenty of time, he just recorded 8 songs with Christine in 2 months, and as many with the boys in like 2 weeks i think in 2012.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he always vacations with kids in july. so i think rehearsals start in august which still gives them 2 months fro rehearsals which i don't see why they'd really need.
But one of them said July. Christine, I think. It was in her USA today interview.

Quote:
McVie's chief worry? Finding proper caretakers for her house and two 15-year-old dogs. Once tour prep starts in July, she won't see them until 2015. She may Skype, "but then I'll be even more broken up."
Michele

Last edited by michelej1; 05-06-2014 at 08:27 PM..
Old 05-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But one of them said July. Christine, I think.

Michele
yeah, same as lindsey said the tour starts in the summer. turns out summer is the last day of september.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
he always vacations with kids in july, that's when he has his solo tour breaks. so i think rehearsals start in august which still gives them 2 months for rehearsals which i don't see why they'd really need.

so yeah, he has may and june. plenty of time, he just recorded 8 songs with Christine in 2 months, and as many with the boys in like 2 weeks i think in 2012.
As far as I remember they worked for about six weeks in 2012 with Froom.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I want him to write some more new FM songs. He wrote Stevie-friendly songs in 2012. Just to seduce her back in the studio. Now Chris is back! Stevie is still not there, so crank out a bunch of songs in the style of The Ledge, WMYTYTO, Great day, Gift Of Screws, or a modern, driving track like this one from War On Drugs,
who copied your style anyway for their new album into 2014. Respond in your own gritty way. Be the counterpart of Chris and Stevie on the new Mac album please. It's your job dammit.

http://youtu.be/1LmX5c7HoUw

Listen,please, this is getting big over here. Time for Lindsey to counter it with a driving, grooving macsingle.

Last edited by shackin'up; 05-07-2014 at 04:19 AM..
Old 05-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
I want him to write some more new FM songs. He wrote Stevie-friendly songs in 2012. Just to seduce her back in the studio. Now Chris is back! Stevie is still not there, so crank out a bunch of songs in the style of The Ledge, WMYTYTO, Great day, Gift Of Screws, or a modern, driving track like this one from War On Drugs,
who copied your style anyway for their new album into 2014. Respond in your own gritty way. Be the counterpart of Chris and Stevie on the new Mac album please. It's your job dammit.
Yes, I want at least two avant-garde songs on there at least. Even if they don't appeal to me personally, I think the album will need them for balance.

Michele
Old 05-07-2014, 03:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I want at least two avant-garde songs on there at least. Even if they don't appeal to me personally, I think the album will need them for balance.

Michele
Have you heard that War on drugs clip? You may like it...

Old 05-07-2014, 03:49 PM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post

http://youtu.be/1LmX5c7HoUw

Listen,please, this is getting big over here. Time for Lindsey to counter it with a driving, grooving macsingle.
i concur, and not just because WMYTYTO is one of my favorite songs...
Old 05-08-2014, 09:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I share the fear that over-tinkering would be detrimental. Lindsey seems to have gotten better in recent years with a less-is-more approach, and when he goes for more, it can get messy. He once did it better than anyone else, with Go Insane and OOTC, but things change.

Now, Tusk, however, isn't necessarily less is more. It's an exercise in restraint because as we know, there is actually a lot underneath the tracks we hear, not to mention all the stuff that was thrown out.