Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
This is just too easy, in no particular order

9) Time Bomb Town

Yes, Time Bomb Town would definitely be on my list. TITN as well.

Michele
Old 07-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Senior Ledgie

I was going to apologize for not having anything from UTS on my dream setlist. But since Lindsey nearly left out the entire OOTC album from his last tour repertoire...well, no apology!

To create such a masterpiece as OOTC and then toss it aside like unwanted baggage, well I don't know what to think of that. UTS is a brilliant album as well, but maybe he'll conveniently forget it and instead play some rarely heard gems (or even some interesting covers). I'd love to hear more great ideas, please keep them coming! (still waiting for a certain Ledgie to post their dream setlist -- you know who you are ;-)
Old 07-05-2008, 10:25 AM
Billo

I for one think UTS completely OWNS OOTC, and appreciate the comments above re: the outdated production on Cradle. I'd love to see Don't Look Down tho.

The only other monster that I'd kill to see that I haven't seen mentioned here is:

That's All For Everyone

Play it LB, c'mon fella!
Old 07-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd World Man View Post
I was going to apologize for not having anything from UTS on my dream setlist. But since Lindsey nearly left out the entire OOTC album from his last tour repertoire...well, no apology!
I put it in context by saying the only FM album he overlooked was Mirage and we know he doesn't like Mirage. I don't want to ever think he feels about OOTC the way he feels about Mirage, especially since EOTW got plenty of exposure by FM.

Michele
Old 07-05-2008, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I put it in context by saying the only FM album he overlooked was Mirage and we know he doesn't like Mirage. I don't want to ever think he feels about OOTC the way he feels about Mirage, especially since EOTW got plenty of exposure by FM.

Michele
I agree, Eyes Of The World has seen quite a bit of exposure. I would love to hear Oh Diane. I think I'm one of the few that really digs this little song. Wouldn't mind Can't Go Back either.

Here is a short list of songs I'd love to hear on a tour:
Oh Diane
Tango In The Night (I'm really tired of ISA)
Don't Look Down
Surrender The Rain
Shadow Of The West
Can't Go Back
Walk A Thin Line
Old 07-05-2008, 03:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Michele
Maybe Lindsey was honest about actually forgetting to put OOtC songs in his set list. He's getting kind of up there in years, maybe it just slipped his mind what with the upcoming album, scheduling his first tour in quite some time, changing diapers...

Or it's quite possible he purposely avoided the album because it conjures up a lot of sad memories...weren't many of the songs related to his family? Perhaps it is more difficult to return to those songs after so many years and realize again that those people he loved are no longer physically there.

Yeah, I didn't read too much into that.

But seriously, Out of the Cradle is such a masterpiece for me. I adore it. It totally owns the number one spot for me and kicked Plastic Ono Band to number 2. That's John Lennon for goodness sakes.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 07-05-2008 at 07:19 PM..
Old 07-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Maybe Lindsey was honest about actually forgetting to put OOtC songs in his set list.

Lindsey would say that Brett was responsible for the setlist. If that's the case, Mr. Tuggle has some 'splanin to do!

Regarding the personal meaning of the songs, well that's true of Turn It On as well and that's the one he chose.

I have noticed that where his brother is concerned, Lindsey can't even really seem to talk about it. Even the intros he did at the end of SYW when he mentioned his brother got him choked up. It seems easier for him to talk about his dad. Maybe it's because we expect our parents to go. We may not be prepared for it, but it's not as jarring as when a sibling dies young. It kind of upsets your whole concept of life's balance. Of course, children are the ultra hardest to lose.

Michele
Old 07-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Regarding the personal meaning of the songs, well that's true of Turn It On as well and that's the one he chose.

I have noticed that where his brother is concerned, Lindsey can't even really seem to talk about it. Even the intros he did at the end of SYW when he mentioned his brother got him choked up. It seems easier for him to talk about his dad. Maybe it's because we expect our parents to go. We may not be prepared for it, but it's not as jarring as when a sibling dies young. It kind of upsets your whole concept of life's balance. Of course, children are the ultra hardest to lose.

Michele
Yeah, I thought about that after I posted. Turn It On is practically a eulogy of sorts, and it's so personal, because even his niece singled it out in her Q&A. I'm pretty convinced Lindsey is a very sensitive creature. I think I've seen that man cry quite a number of times (perhaps too many for comfort to some)- and that was, like, in a general setting (like the documentary, concert footage, interviews, etc.), so maybe some of those songs could be difficult for him. I've developed a little theory that Lindsey is probably only mentally/emotionally prepared to talk more openly about his father because he's probably come to terms with it over the years. His brother and mom are more recent in contrast, so maybe it's harder. Just my observation.

Nevertheless, I want to hear some more variety and def. more OOtC and Go Insane. OMG, Slow Dancing? I would die.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His brother and mom are more recent in contrast, so maybe it's harder. Just my observation.
He seems much more matter-of-fact about his mom. And he seemed satisfied when he mentioned that she'd gotten to see him become a father, so it's nice to know that she lived long enough to see him at a stable point in his life. I mean, you'd hate for your parents to die when you are still young and crazy and they are thinking to themselves, "Where did I go wrong??"

Michele
Old 07-05-2008, 08:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it's nice to know that she lived long enough to see him at a stable point in his life.
Michele
That is so true. Who knows what kind of grief Lindsey put that poor woman through. Glad she got to see him content and settled down. I saw a picture once of his mom holding William and she looked positively blissful (probably little "finally" exclamation points bouncing around in her head).

Old 07-05-2008, 09:31 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
...Or it's quite possible he purposely avoided the album because it conjures up a lot of sad memories...weren't many of the songs related to his family? Perhaps it is more difficult to return to those songs after so many years and realize again that those people he loved are no longer physically there.

Yeah, I didn't read too much into that.
Thanks Nico, you've changed my perspective (again!)
I must admit I didn't consider that LB may have intentionally left out OOtC songs because of their personal nature. When I embrace an album such as OOtC, I immerse myself so completely that I forget the artist's own personal stake in it. Which I guess is the hallmark of a great work. You take ownership, possess it, defend it and re-discover it over & over. Lindsey is really good at creating songs like that, isn't he? I really enjoy all these insightful comments!
Old 07-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thumbs up

I'd love to hear:

Shadow of the West (I would DIE if he did this just him...and the guitar...sigh...)
Doing What I Can
You Do or You Don't
Someone's Gotta Change Your Mind
I Am Waiting
Castaway Dreams (like he sang it on the NTL Documentary...jeebus that was pretty)
Tango in the Night

Drop:

GYOW (OMG, blasphemy! Yeah, I know, but I have never cared for GYOW live much. Ban me if you must. LOL)
NGBA
Trouble
Tusk
World Turning
Big Love (unless he does it differently)
Old 07-05-2008, 11:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I still love GYOW live, but I wouldn't mind seeing it take a rest. I don't buy the whole, "fans will riot if I don't perform it" excuse. Even casual fans can live without GYOW, Dreams and Don't Stop, if you give them something exciting in its place. He said he thought of leaving GYOW off of The Dance and says the record execs wanted it on, but I think he likes it in the setlist a whole bunch too.

As absence makes the heart grow fonder, I'd be happy to see it leave his solo set and return for FM's tour.

The classic song that I've never been into is ISA. I always enjoy it when I'm sitting right there seeing it live, but hearing it, whether on a studio album or on a boot, it is always something I'm perfectly happy to skip.
Michele
Old 07-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree to drop some of the big songs. I wish he would do Go Insane more like the album version as well, it's nice live, but idk, the album has more of a kick to it.

And I'm glad Christy agrees with me about droping World Turning.
LAMEEEE!! He should seriously put something fans WANT to hear in its place....*cough*TITN*cough*
Old 07-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I am so psyched about the tour, I'm not sure I care what he sings...but, since we're dreaming...
I would LOVE You Do or You Don't (I don't think it's the greatest song in the world but th lyrics are fabulous, and it helped get me through some tough times of my own, so it's a purely personal thing in that respect).
I love the tone of All My Sorrows.
Surrender the Rain...love that one
I still would like Under the Skin (cry me a river of new dreams, float yourself free...sigh...)
Make Me a Mask (how's that for semi-obscure?)
You and I Part I (!)
Tango in the Night (just so I could count how long he holds THAT note)

And then about 20 songs he can choose himself!