Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post

Snakes!
Good timing. Last week while cutting grass I had to
stop and pick up a few limbs (crepe myrtle) and throw
them in a pile. There he was, about two feet away.
Time for a gun you ask? Nope. Crepe Myrtle limb.
Country boy can survive.
I screwed a box to my mower, between my feet, in which I place a 9mm while mowing. I tell every new neighbor, "if you hear me scream like a little girl, OR hear me empty my handgun(or both), just know that I saw a snake, and it's most likely dead now".
Old 05-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Thank you for this! Some great, reasoned, sensible thinking going on there
Agree, this is the most sensible account of what may have happened.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
The interviewers comments at the end of the Rolling Stone interview told me ten times more about this band than the interview.

I really look forward to hearing about Mick's meet/greet. I hope he's pelted with questions about LB. Mick better get used to feeling uncomfortable...
Their comments were just dead on.
"That was Fleetwood Mac! Or that was a new formation of people that is currently calling themselves Fleetwood Mac! *laughter*"
"Didn't Lindsey Buckingham have a really big hand in basically creating the Fleetwood Mac sound? Didn't he produce basically all their songs? And he just finished touring with Christine McVie? And they're just like 'well bye'".
"It's interesting how Fleetwood believes in that very old-fashioned notion that the 'band must go on', no matter what you do to it, no matter what it ends up looking like, the band just has to go on *more laughter*".

It was GOLD.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It’s a TMZ gotcha interview. What was Mick going to say?

Sure, he’s going to say “Yeah, we just brought on guys like Neil and Mike, but our beloved, recently fired Lindsey is always free to come back.”

People are just looking for reasons to be angry. About a rock band.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2018, 09:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It’s a TMZ gotcha interview. What was Mick going to say?

Sure, he’s going to say “Yeah, we just brought on guys like Neil and Mike, but our beloved, recently fired Lindsey is always free to come back.”

People are just looking for reasons to be angry. About a rock band.
People are talking about his facial expresssion, his mood and the RS interview. Not about what he said. We all understand it was a rehearsed answer.

I'm here to talk about a rock band because that's the topic of this forum. They day it changes to nuclear physics I'll probably leave.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola View Post
Watched it again. "Are you still open to Lindsey joining the tour" then Mick says we're a new band now. Scratch the plain English--the lawyer speak is still in use!
They probably didn't expect this kind of questions. They probably thought Lindsey was just "a guy who doesn't sell albums", like Stevie said. They probably didn't expect this level of support for him and backlash for them.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-02-2018, 09:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

GOOD Squirm you little WEASEL!
Old 05-02-2018, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Cold? Why? Did he have to be romantic so she could feel special?
I was there and have some pics to prove wrong. It's always hot and cold with them. Stevie wanted more attention than she really deserved. And because of BuckVie, Lindsey was more focused on Christine than on her. Big deal.
Yep. Big deal. How did that work out for him?

Quote:
After.
Are we sure? And, even if it was, you know Azoff was probably looking for a reason to drop him after he made the close your eyes, take the money, and run comment.

Quote:
Yeah, Stevie and Lindsey used to be family too. She said it numerous times.
Yeah, Christine and John never acted like whiney little b*tches with each other, at least publicly, and they never made a public spectacle of their relationship. And Christine and Mick consider each other siblings.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Are we sure? And, even if it was, you know Azoff was probably looking for a reason to drop him after he made the close your eyes, take the money, and run comment.

Yeah, Christine and John never acted like whiney little b*tches with each other, at least publicly, and they never made a public spectacle of their relationship. And Christine and Mick consider each other siblings.
relax, my friend.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2018, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Your financial risk comment about Lindsey’s tantrum makes so much sense, it could also have helped sway John and Christine if they were on the fence or help Christine accept it even if she didn’t love the idea (if it is true she was away and didn’t find out later).
Old 05-02-2018, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post
Your financial risk comment about Lindsey’s tantrum makes so much sense, it could also have helped sway John and Christine if they were on the fence or help Christine accept it even if she didn’t love the idea (if it is true she was away and didn’t find out later).
Lindsey had a tantrum?

where's the evidence? who told you that?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2018, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

You're forgetting Mick. He loved those whiney little b*tches doing their spectacle in front of everybody.
Old 05-02-2018, 10:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
Right, but are you seriously going to defend the live arrangements from the last time this shakeup happened, to anything Lindsey has been behind?
They’re going to be playing some songs I’ve been wanting to hear for decades, thus giving me something I’ve been asking for as a fan. That it’s with two highly credible artists makes it intriguing.

Quote:
Lets use Christine hits as an example. Everywhere on the Shake The Cage Tour vs The Dance, 2014, 2017.. Same for Little Lies. You can defend their right to continue on, and you're absolutely correct, it is still Fleetwood Mac. Chris, Mick, John. But it won't be the same, and it won't be as interesting.
I didn’t have an issue with Billy or Rick as players. They weren’t the types who added much personality to the music, I agree, but it didn’t sound bad. As for “Everywhere,” my only issue with the Cage/Mask tours was Stevie’s “I wannabe with you” add on. Lindsey’s new guitar part was a nice addition, but not something that affected my enjoyment of the song. “Little Lies” was almost indistinguishable, to the point where I thought Lindsey sounded like Billy. I liked Billy and Rick and though they kind of got raw deal, too.

Finn and Campbell are in a completely different league than Billy and Rick, though. Campbell is a Hall of Fame legend in his own right and is in a place where he can’t but help play some of his most inspired guitar playing and Finn is an OBE.

Quote:
Perhaps the Green era stuff will work, I thought it did w Vito & Burnette. But anything Lindsey had a hand in producing/arranging will likely be watered down, and w/out his youthful energy and manic quirkiness, I really think they are going to look and sound like cheesy, adult contemporary garbage. Just like they did from 88-90.
Maybe. We’ll see. However, it could also take on a life of its own in a way that it could never with Billy and Rick. I mean, they initially had Billy Burnette wearing a similar shirt and jacket to what Lindsey Buckingham wore and had him play a white Les Paul Custom. Neil and Mike have their own public image and are especially not going to hide who they are.

Quote:
And I love Mike Campbell, neutral about Finn, but this is just so stupid, and quite the step backward, artistically speaking.
Artistically speaking? In an era where they’ve been reduced to just being an oldies act putting on a scripted show, and where Stevie won’t make a record with Lindsey, what artistic statement do you expect from them at this point? Playing the old stuff and a few from the new guys, sadly, IS the artistic statement. In some ways, that alone solves some of the staleness many around here, myself included, have complained about for decades, really.

Again, not my first choice of how to freshen up the setlist, but I knew that was off the table last year.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2018, 10:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Terrible? Christine was. Was meaning the very
distant past. Hello 1987. She hasn't had a hit since.
But then, none of them have really.
Well, “Save Me” hit 33, and “Rooms on Fire” hit 16, but I get your overall point bb

Quote:
If Lindsey hadn't have come back in '97, the band (brand)
would not have survived like it has. At least until now.
Not to be a Richard, but Stevie also came back in 1997…

Quote:
Double Trouble, Fleetwood Mac...
Both are great backing bands that need a great guitarist
and singer. And unfortunately, both had Stevie(s). The
great one passed on, the other is just hanging on.
LOL, true …

Jeremy Spencer once said that Peter told him he named the band Fleetwood Mac because he knew there would be a day when they weren’t going to be in the band anymore, but Mick and John would continue on. I don’t know how true that was, but if it was, the band was intentionally created to be bigger than any one member, which sounds like something Peter would do.

The biggest issue I have with what Fleetwood Mac did is handing over all of the power to money in general and Stevie specifically. Given Jeremy’s story, what they went through in 1974, the conditions they put on Christine, and the conditions they put on Lindsey, it’s almost completely out of character and history how they’ve let Stevie call the shots. But, it’s also completely in character for Mick to follow the money.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2018, 11:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Not to be a Richard, but Stevie also came back in 1997…
Yeah, but without Lindsey, it would've been BTM, part II.

Lindsey is the guiding force that FM needs.