Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Christine McVie
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-29-2009, 11:06 AM
Banned

Angry Christine Replacement???

Ok, I don't like to b* and complain, but I will NOT be happy if they try replacing Chris on this tour... I don't want to hear Sheryl, Miley, or anyone else try to cover this Warrior Queen of music!!! I am not having it. I said to my friend, "I will tell Mick, when I meet him, 'Iwant my money back...' I will not pay nearly 2,000 bucks to hear someone try to do her music. Lindsey? Fine. Stevie? Maybe, but NO ONE ELSE! I would rather her John McVie do songbird than hear an outsider do any of Christine's songs." I mean that. If I had my choice and they were FORCING me to hear someone do her songs I would nominate one woman: Sharon Celani. This woman knows the music, IS VERY CAPABLE, and is the closest thing they have to someone deserving the chance to do it... That is only my opinion...

Last edited by kennation; 01-29-2009 at 11:12 AM..
Old 01-29-2009, 12:47 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
Ok, I don't like to b* and complain, but I will NOT be happy if they try replacing Chris on this tour... I don't want to hear Sheryl, Miley, or anyone else try to cover this Warrior Queen of music!!! I am not having it. I said to my friend, "I will tell Mick, when I meet him, 'Iwant my money back...' I will not pay nearly 2,000 bucks to hear someone try to do her music. Lindsey? Fine. Stevie? Maybe, but NO ONE ELSE! I would rather her John McVie do songbird than hear an outsider do any of Christine's songs." I mean that. If I had my choice and they were FORCING me to hear someone do her songs I would nominate one woman: Sharon Celani. This woman knows the music, IS VERY CAPABLE, and is the closest thing they have to someone deserving the chance to do it... That is only my opinion...
I couldn't agree more with you. I think Lori Perry would be a good option too. But nobody else.
ohhh Christine, we miss you so much. I miss her not only as herself, but also as the buffer between lindsey and stevie.
Old 01-29-2009, 12:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinnette View Post
I couldn't agree more with you. I think Lori Perry would be a good option too. But nobody else.
ohhh Christine, we miss you so much. I miss her not only as herself, but also as the buffer between lindsey and stevie.
Could not agree more. Somehow Christine just brought a mellow, detached loveliness which cancelled out all the angst and self-involvement of those two.

As for her songs on this tour: if it's not SN or LB singing them, I should imagine a lot of people will be rather peeved. It's not fair to ask people to pay all that money to hear a backing singer - however loyal, however talented - to sing one of those classics herself.
Old 01-29-2009, 01:13 PM
Supporting Ledgie

i dont think Chris is being replaced on this tour...much like the last one. I think the band knows she's irreplaceable.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylittledemon View Post
i dont think Chris is being replaced on this tour...much like the last one. I think the band knows she's irreplaceable.
I hope. Everyone, HOPE WITH ME, lol.... Seriously, someone said that Miley Cyrus was replacing her and it just set me off, not matter how ridiculous the rumor was. I was like, NO WAY!!! I don't know if it's just a mood I am in, but I would seriously ask for my money back. No way would I even begin to play with that.

Oh- and Lori would be cool too. I agree, no one wants to hear the back up singer, but if they put Sharon Celani out front with LB on WORLD TURNING (add some maracas) the crowd would go nuts!!! Stevie would lose it! They would rock it.
Old 01-29-2009, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have already read in one or two interviews a few months back that they would be showcasing the backup singers (Sharon and Jana...dont think Lori) in some of the songs so they could get some of the harmonies back... They ARENT replacing anyone!
Old 01-29-2009, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree she is irreplaceable and I'll be upset and dissapointed if I see a new lead singer. But, why r we still talking about this? I thought that rumour was denied and discarded. I Didn't hear again about the band considering another girl in the band.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:13 PM

There is no use in cryin it's all over
and I know there always be another day
Old 01-29-2009, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennation View Post
I would rather her John McVie do songbird than hear an outsider do any of Christine's songs.
Hey! What a good idea. I would *love* to hear John McVie sing "Songbird." He'd probably give it an earnest, gritty, Willy Nelson-style delivery ... not the overly smooth delivery, with all the edges gone, that all the ladies mentioned in this thread would probably use.

It would be an entirely different song, and you know what? It might be really good.

At least it would show the band were thinking "outside the box"!
Old 01-29-2009, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wtf, Miley!?!?!? This Is The First I've Heard Of That!!!!!

Would it last forever? You and I together, hand in hand
we run away♥
Old 01-29-2009, 06:46 PM

Greg Allman is gonna fill in for Christine..
Old 01-29-2009, 07:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Greg Allman is gonna fill in for Christine..
For some reason that wouldn't surprise me...
Old 01-29-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
For some reason that wouldn't surprise me...
hahahaha I know what you mean..
Old 01-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I heard they were bringing Steve Winwood in to do Christine's songs. Note: they'll also be doing Ask Anybody, Dear Mr. Fantasy, and maybe Feelin' Alright.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 01-30-2009, 01:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I heard they were bringing Steve Winwood in to do Christine's songs. Note: they'll also be doing Ask Anybody, Dear Mr. Fantasy, and maybe Feelin' Alright.
Aww, that's great. Steve has been wanting to do that ever since he carried Chris' books home from school.

Michele