User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-10-2007, 07:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gailh View Post

I think he has been defensive about Chris's absence and he he over compensated on SYW. All of which leads me to believe that deep down he knows how much they miss her, he just can't bring himself to say it.

Gail
There you go. His ego just won't let him admit just how vital she was to Fleetwood Mac.

Chris was 1/3 of the rhythm section & 1/3 of the front line. Both GREATLY suffer without her, in my opinion.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pontiac6k View Post
Why does Lindsey always try to sound all smart and use big words that he doesn't really know the meaning of? Learn to write good lyrics like Chris can, and use the English language properly, then we'll chat, k Linds?
I can't imagine he talks like this in real everyday life. I can't imagine anyone talking like this normally.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DESTINYRU!ES View Post

From the SYW Documentary:
Mick: Like anyone else she deserves to do what she wants, you know...etc
Lindsey: Chris is somewhere over in England, she's just not part of this etc.
Stevie: If there was a chance she would come back we would have waited!
John: If she were here it would cast a terrible poll over this...I wish I weren't here vibe!
I've never seen any SYW documentary, but John's comment shocks me.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
^^^ I was talking to an older lady tonight(while Dixie Chick's Landslide was playing on the jukebox). She told me that she saw SYW in Indy, and how much they were lacking, without Chris. "It's just not the same, without her". Indeed.

No prompting on my part, whatsoever.
That's a very, smart lady. I assume that you didn't argue with her.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macfan 57 View Post
I've never seen any SYW documentary, but John's comment shocks me.
my take on that is that he didn't mean that in a negative way, just that he is glad she's doing what makes her happy & not staying with the band just for the sake of the band.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
my take on that is that he didn't mean that in a negative way, just that he is glad she's doing what makes her happy & not staying with the band just for the sake of the band.
I took it that way too.

I do not think any of them were angry with her for leaving. Like Stevie said, she lived up to her obligation during The Dance and called it quits. She had been talking about retiring long before that and had in fact retire from the touring part of the band

In the end, she was a very integral part of FM and is missed. Does that mean FM is less good without her - who knows. I think it is just different. I mean FM has been many different groups of people and they all had something good to offer IMO.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

My understanding of the Lindsey/Chris thing is that she really was someone who would stand up to him, and perhaps could not be emotionally manipulated, as perhaps Stevie could? Perhaps that sounds a little harsh, but I always got the impression that if Chris thought something, she said it, and perhaps that didn't go down too well when Lindsey was in his more 'experimental' phases.

I remember reading that Bob Welch felt similarly, on a Q&A here, that Chris could be quite frank (and in his words 'sarcastic') if she didn't like a song idea. Also, I just don't think they had much of a personal connection. Yes, I think they respected each others' musical skill, but Chris is far too down-to-earth for any of his pseudo-intellectualism IMHO.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
I took it that way too.

I do not think any of them were angry with her for leaving. Like Stevie said, she lived up to her obligation during The Dance and called it quits. She had been talking about retiring long before that and had in fact retire from the touring part of the band
she started talking about retirement around 1970, didn't she? LOL.

i agree that they weren't angry. definitely sad, but not angry.

Quote:
In the end, she was a very integral part of FM and is missed. Does that mean FM is less good without her - who knows. I think it is just different. I mean FM has been many different groups of people and they all had something good to offer IMO.
this incarnation does have its strengths, but i think it definitely suffers for lack of christine.
Old 03-10-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
My understanding of the Lindsey/Chris thing is that she really was someone who would stand up to him, and perhaps could not be emotionally manipulated, as perhaps Stevie could? Perhaps that sounds a little harsh, but I always got the impression that if Chris thought something, she said it, and perhaps that didn't go down too well when Lindsey was in his more 'experimental' phases.

I remember reading that Bob Welch felt similarly, on a Q&A here, that Chris could be quite frank (and in his words 'sarcastic') if she didn't like a song idea. Also, I just don't think they had much of a personal connection. Yes, I think they respected each others' musical skill, but Chris is far too down-to-earth for any of his pseudo-intellectualism IMHO.
If you listen to the extended version of the Tusk recording sessions, you will see exactly how sarcastic CM could be. I remember listening to that and thinking no wonder La Nicks ran to a solo career because they were rather harsh with her. It likely is available by trade as I do not have it or I would send it to you.

Also, I love Scotland!

Old 03-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
. . . this incarnation does have its strengths, but i think it definitely suffers for lack of christine.
I miss her too, but I try to look at it for what it is, which is not the sound of that Rumors line up. I think most can't get past that and keep thinking FM should sound like that, which they cannot without CM. Sort of like LB will never be Peter, who will never be Bob Welch, and so on. But, yes, on the SYW tour, her playing and singing on FM's songs was sorely missed.

Old 03-10-2007, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkFoodGenius View Post
Am I missing something? I always thought Lindsey and Christine were cool with each other? Or he knew she could kick his ass so he gave her some respect?
they were proably the two that kept the music going during Tusk, Mirage and TITN..... they were good buddies in the studio.... and obviously if they didn't respect each other they wouldn't have co wrote

World Turning
Mystified
You And I I and II
Isn't It Midnight
Chain
Old 03-10-2007, 10:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed, but the respect was definitely musical. I don't think it was real friendship. Chris said in 92 she didn't really consider herself a close friend of his, since she didn't think he had 'close' friends.
Old 03-10-2007, 11:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also, I love Scotland!

Old 03-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
they were proably the two that kept the music going during Tusk, Mirage and TITN..... they were good buddies in the studio.... and obviously if they didn't respect each other they wouldn't have co wrote

World Turning
Mystified
You And I I and II
Isn't It Midnight
Chain
exactly. and let's be fair: he may have been an ass during the tusksessions, but the result has been a milestone in popmusic, even if it took 20 years to get the real acclaim.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
If you listen to the extended version of the Tusk recording sessions, you will see exactly how sarcastic CM could be. I remember listening to that and thinking no wonder La Nicks ran to a solo career because they were rather harsh with her. It likely is available by trade as I do not have it or I would send it to you.

Also, I love Scotland!
I don't think Christine was shy in saying if she didn't like something. And sometimes we Brits can be very sarcastic! That's probably why Lindsey has said he now has more "freedom" - he doesn't like Christine disagreeing with him. I'm sure Bob Welch felt the same.

Didn't Bob Weston make some remarks about her? Something like "she used be quite shy but now she uses her fame as a weapon"

Some blokes just can't take strong women

Gail