User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-26-2019, 11:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
There may have been a few anecdotal instances of that, but enough people had their cell phones waiving during DDIO to tell me that’s BS.
lol, let me rebut your anecdote with a completely arbitrary one of my own! This is fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It's funny that some people think heredity doesn't play any role in what happened to Lindsey. In others news, some people say the world is flat...
Jeez Louise, guys, this isn't hard: no one is saying heredity didn't play a role. That includes Elle, who you called out by name for some reason, despite the fact she clearly articulated this in a previous post. And no one can say definitively that the events of 2018 CAUSED a heart attack. Quit propping up a straw man so you can feel like you are "winning" this argument.

What people are saying is the events of 2018 may have served as a contributing factor for this cardiac event. (See the difference? It's called nuance, and we're all capable of it!) It's a theory, and it doesn't strike me as all that unreasonable.

Also, and I don't want to speak for cbBen so please correct me if I'm wrong, but I definitely read his post as sarcasm.
Old 03-26-2019, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
who you called out by name for some reason, despite the fact she clearly articulated this in a previous post. And no one can say definitively that the events of 2018 CAUSED a heart attack. Quit propping up a straw man so you can feel like you are "winning" this argument.

What people are saying is the events of 2018 may have served as a contributing factor for this cardiac event. (See the difference? It's called nuance, and we're all capable of it!) It's a theory, and it doesn't strike me as all that unreasonable.

maybe some people really don't get the nuance, or sarcasm. or health and disease, risks and contributing factors. or maybe they are just trolling. hard to know.

so for people not getting it, both my twitter post and the follow up below are #sarcasm.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-26-2019, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
lol, let me rebut your anecdote with a completely arbitrary one of my own! This is fun.
Except that’s been pretty consistent in videos and reviews throughout the tour.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2019, 02:08 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Except that’s been pretty consistent in videos and reviews throughout the tour.
Sorry, but waving a phone at a concert during a song that's been on the radio for 30+ years is not evidence that everyone doing so believes the same thing or is doing it for the same reasons. That's... preposterous? Surely you see this, right?
Old 03-26-2019, 07:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

arbitrary and anecdotal don't mean that something didn't happen or even that it didn't happen a lot.

arbitrary means, and was used here to mean, random and unrelated to the topic at hand.

ar·bi·trar·y
/ˈärbəˌtrerē/
adjective
based on random choice or personal whim, rather than any reason or system.
"his mealtimes were entirely arbitrary"
synonyms: capricious, whimsical, random, chance, erratic, unpredictable, inconsistent, wild, hit-or-miss, haphazard, casual
Old 03-26-2019, 07:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Sorry, but waving a phone at a concert during a song that's been on the radio for 30+ years is not evidence that everyone doing so believes the same thing or is doing it for the same reasons. That's... preposterous? Surely you see this, right?
I can already hear those comments during the song.... “wow, I didn’t know it was a FM song!”

It’s a classic song and a great CH song. Everybody loves the song. That doesn’t mean people are loving that Lindsey was fired or that they giving their thumbs up to the band for what they did.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
I can already hear those comments during the song.... “wow, I didn’t know it was a FM song!”

It’s a classic song and a great CH song. Everybody loves the song. That doesn’t mean people are loving that Lindsey was fired or that they giving their thumbs up to the band for what they did.
they are likely mostly just indifferent to the firing and what the band did. That would not mean they love that Lindsey was fired or give thumbs up to the firing.
Old 03-26-2019, 09:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It is in my top 3 worst 80s songs

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-26-2019, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In other news, a singer who never played any musical instrument in her entire life will be inducted to the RRHOF.
Old 03-26-2019, 11:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry, but the suggestion that the band somehow fraudulently hid Lindsey’s absence or mislead audiences is laughable. They’ve made several television appearances including a couple of performances, they’ve done interviews in the press, they’ve gotten press coverage, they did that whole month of satellite radio, they have several group publicity photos, and even have Neil and Mike named on their tour poster. Furthermore, it was announced that Lindsey was out and Mike and Neil were in on April 9, but tickets didn’t even go on sale until April 25, the same day they did the CBS interview. It’s not like there wasn’t a lot of press about it at the time.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-26-2019, 11:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
OMG! Christine McVie was replaced by Stevie ****ing Nicks!!!!! Please!!!!! One song doesn't make her a piano player.

Next time you want to try to prove something, just say it. I'm not gonna watch another stupid video of Nicks twirling and telling someone what a martyr she is.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 03-26-2019, 11:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Sorry, but the suggestion that the band somehow fraudulently hid Lindsey’s absence or mislead audiences is laughable.
Not true Steve. When I heard radio advertisements for FM's
concert they were using Lindsey's voice. For me, that
would be a clear misrepresentation. And I'm talking about
his songs.

Last edited by iamnotafraid; 03-27-2019 at 12:00 AM..
Old 03-27-2019, 05:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Not true Steve. When I heard radio advertisements for FM's
concert they were using Lindsey's voice. For me, that
would be a clear misrepresentation. And I'm talking about
his songs.
Radio ads in my area have clearly listed the names of the new lineup.
Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
In other news, a singer who never played any musical instrument in her entire life will be inducted to the RRHOF.
Tina Turner? The Supremes? Madonna? The Temptations? I wasn't aware one had to play an instrument to be in the RRHOF.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Tina Turner? The Supremes? Madonna? The Temptations? I wasn't aware one had to play an instrument to be in the RRHOF.
Tina Turner was never inducted as a solo artist.

Madonna plays guitar.

Thanks for playing.