User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-21-2019, 02:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

"Mick admits FM lied"??
No, Mr. Fleetwood. YOU lied.
I don't see Christine or John saying that Lindsey was not telling the truth. Even Chris said that the thing involved Lindsey and Stevie, not the rest of the band. So please don't put the name of the entire band!
Old 03-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
“Stevie is just unbelievable,” says McVie. “The more I see her perform on stage the better I think she is. She holds the fort. She’s a brand. We’re quite different in that way - I have an outside life. I live in London not the States. I like going shopping on my own. I have more of a normal life than her and that keeps me grounded. I have other friends and I do other things. I enjoy going sailing. Stevie is devoted to her career and boy, does she do it well.”

https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/cul..._medium=social
It's good that Chris has a life, sailing, gardening, friends.

I really don't think that Stevie is still a good stage performer, if you're not in love with her. I always remember her past energy. Maybe it was fueled by cocaine, but I think it was just youth and exuberance. It was natural, like she couldn't contain herself. I remember video where she would jump and she wouldn't even have to bend her knees. It was almost as if she just levitated off the ground for a few seconds in platform heels. It was so effortless.

Now, it's not effortless and instead of changing her performance, like she changes the key to adapt to her current capabilities, she tries to give a nod to the old spins, kicks and physical stunts and they usually strike me as silly, rather than sensational, as in days of yore. More attempt than achievement.

But I still like the songs, so the concerts would still be worth it for those, if I hadn't written her off.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post

I really don't think that Stevie is still a good stage performer, if you're not in love with her. I always remember her past energy. Maybe it was fueled by cocaine, but I think it was just youth and exuberance. It was natural, like she couldn't contain herself. I remember video where she would jump and she wouldn't even have to bend her knees. It was almost as if she just levitated off the ground for a few seconds in platform heels. It was so effortless.

Now, it's not effortless and instead of changing her performance, like she changes the key to adapt to her current capabilities, she tries to give a nod to the old spins, kicks and physical stunts and they usually strike me as silly, rather than sensational, as in days of yore.
More attempt than achievement.

But I still like the songs, so the concerts would still be worth it for those, if I hadn't written her off.
I find her crackhead dance completely embarrassing for her. As in I cringe for her and how it must look to see right now in person.

Never bothered me before because I loved (note the past tense?) her so much. Now she just looks like an idiot.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My mom is trying to suggest that Lindsey may have been mocking Stevie for a while and musicares was the straw that broke the camel's back. She asked me if Lindsey had a history of being mean to her and I basically rattled off all I could remember from Carol's book. After I was done she said it was possible he was still like that. But I have my doubts. I don't think Kristen would've put up with what Carol and Stevie went through.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
are you?

talking about "little people" on FM payroll that you are so worried about, there are plenty of stories how much Lindsey was protecting people from Stevie / Karen random rage decisions. gotta wonder what's been happening now when that protection is gone.

remember Jana's post about it, relatively recently?
Honestly. Seeing some people here so worried about FM's payroll and citing that as the reason why they choose to continue touring and firing Lindsey instead of disbanding, when we all know Stevie is the one with the tantrums about people is so funny!

And yes, Mick and John and Christine and Stevie needs the money to survive,
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-21-2019, 03:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post

And yes, Mick and John and Christine and Stevie needs the money to survive,
Well, in his defense, idiot Mick probably does!
Old 03-21-2019, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon View Post
"Mick admits FM lied"??
No, Mr. Fleetwood. YOU lied.
I don't see Christine or John saying that Lindsey was not telling the truth. Even Chris said that the thing involved Lindsey and Stevie, not the rest of the band. So please don't put the name of the entire band!
Christine said they decision was based on democracy. Hence, she supports Mick's decision. And Stevie.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 03-21-2019, 08:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Well that is an eye-popping little quote, isn't it? Here's the full article

Christine McVie: inside the world of Fleetwood Mac, then and now
As the band prepares for its UK return in June, Christine McVie talks Glastonbury, rock 'n' roll and retirement
By Ella Alexander
March 21, 2019
https://www.harpersbazaar.com/uk/cul...fleetwood-mac/
thanks for putting the whole article up!
Old 03-21-2019, 08:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Christine said they decision was based on democracy. Hence, she supports Mick's decision. And Stevie.
it sounded to me more like she doesn't know what the word democracy means.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-21-2019, 08:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Now, it's not effortless and instead of changing her performance, like she changes the key to adapt to her current capabilities, she tries to give a nod to the old spins, kicks and physical stunts and they usually strike me as silly, rather than sensational, as in days of yore. More attempt than achievement.

What I love about this quote from Christine is that it is such a passive-aggressive swipe at Stevie...disguised as a compliment about her strength but really a dig at how limited her life is. She's all over the map on where she stands on Stevie, Lindsey, and everything. She has no bones to pick with Lindsey, but she'll agree to fire him. Stevie is a great brand holding the fort down, but she's a spoiled star living not in the real world.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=elle;1250925]it sounded to me more like she doesn't know what the word democracy means.[/QUOTT

THIS!! Chris is struggling with the English language right now. Actually, she's just struggling. Period.
Old 03-21-2019, 10:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What I love about this quote from Christine is that it is such a passive-aggressive swipe at Stevie...disguised as a compliment about her strength but really a dig at how limited her life is. She's all over the map on where she stands on Stevie, Lindsey, and everything. She has no bones to pick with Lindsey, but she'll agree to fire him. Stevie is a great brand holding the fort down, but she's a spoiled star living not in the real world.
I agree with this, 100%.

While it was a ......"compliment"(cough), it was a total DIG at $tevie not having ANY kind of life, outside of stardom, and surrounded by her yes people.

And yet I still don't give Chris a pass for the firing of Lindsey. I never will. Sucking up after the fact just isn't enough. Nice try, though. Too bad you didn't save the day. Superwoman, indeed. Too little, too late. Her legacy is being a wuss!
Old 03-21-2019, 10:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I agree with this, 100%.

While it was a ......"compliment"(cough), it was a total DIG at $tevie not having ANY kind of life, outside of stardom, and surrounded by her yes people.

And yet I still don't give Chris a pass for the firing of Lindsey. I never will. Sucking up after the fact just isn't enough. Nice try, though. Too bad you didn't save the day. Superwoman, indeed. Too little, too late. Her legacy is being a wuss!
Exactly! “Nobody gives me ultimatums. I’m Christine motherf’ing McVie”

Instead, it was: “oh, y’all fired Lindsey without even giving me a head’s up? Democracy is cool!!”

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was around the IYD publicity, not sure, but remember when Stevie said she couldn’t date this guy because if they went out in public she wouldn’t want to be seen with him because she’s ... Stevie Nicks. She doesn’t even have other friends any longer, unless you count celebrity fan girls like Vanessa.
Old 03-22-2019, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it was around the IYD publicity, not sure, but remember when Stevie said she couldn’t date this guy because if they went out in public she wouldn’t want to be seen with him because she’s ... Stevie Nicks. She doesn’t even have other friends any longer, unless you count celebrity fan girls like Vanessa.
What a f**king PATHETIC life she lives. She has no idea what it is to just be a real person. She's earned this sad life she has. I hope she realizes it at some point before she dies. But she won't. Because $he's $tevie Nicks.