Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-21-2018, 03:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
^^^

Yes hopefully most of us have now seen the video.

Lindsey wanted to do his solo tour along with the FM tour, THIS YEAR. That wasn't acceptable UNDERSTANDABLY to the band. So that was the IMPASSE. The band are stating that the other option put forward was that Lindsey does his solo tour, and the FM tour is DELAYED by a year (just because he doesn't say it in this 40 second fan video, doesn't mean it wasn't discussed as an option).

We really have no proof either way (the 40 second video is not proof of what was discussed in totality between the band). Are the band are lying about the delay, as SUGGESTED by many people here? OR is it that Lindsey just HASN'T MENTIONED that he put a delay forward as an option (because he really hasn't said very much at all about what really happened).

I'm sure this post will yet again irritate those who want to believe the poor Lindsey theory, but the rest of us are getting irritated by the fact that a story is being told repeatedly on here as the truth, when no one really knows. Why is it so hard to believe that he may well have suggested delaying the tour?!?
At the time he was fired he was not asking to delay the tour. He may have suggested it earlier but according to people who have absolutely zero reason to fabricate anything (Rick Turner and Federico Poll, from the BuckVie touring band), what the band said about him wanting to delay the tour and that being the 'cause' is just not true. Like I said, it's possible he may have asked to delay the tour earlier but Lindsey isn't an idiot, he knows he doesn't hold the cards in the band so I'm sure when he realized that wasn't gonna happen he came up with his other plan, which was the two tours, hence that video.
And the thing is, even IF Lindsey had asked to the delay the tour by a full year, it's still WRONG for them to fire him for it. Lindsey has given SO much to that band, he's put in a HUGE amount of work and he's given up his solo projects for them MORE THAN ONCE. After all these years and everything he's done, it's my opinion that if he really insisted that he needed that (which is just a hypothetical situation, because he didn't actually), they should have made it work. Stevie Nicks literally DID delay a recent FM tour by a full year because she wanted to take an extra year to promote her solo project. That whole debacle is well documented in Mick's Playboy interview and the subsequent interviews for when FM finally did go out. There's a video on YouTube, when I find it again I'll post it, of Stevie during press for her IYD doc where she talks about how Fleetwood Mac was supposed to go out on tour that year but she told them "sorry I need this year, you guys just have to wait because my project isn't done and I'm taking this year" and she says it with so much pride and the audience cheers her. That just proves how the hypocrisy the band is demonstrating with their cover story is ridiculous and the fact that some people think IF Lindsey had asked for that he would somehow deserve it is also ridiculous. Stevie can delay tours, refuse to record albums, fly off to Australia to sing with her friend instead of being in the studio with her band, do just about anything she wants and never get any "punishment" for it. And it's not any secret why either, Stevie is the cash figure for the band so she holds the cards, Mick lets her because he needs money.
To me it's crystal clear what happened, whenever this issue over tour dates started, Stevie just decided she wants no more Lindsey conflict in her life and so he was out. The end.
Old 05-21-2018, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
And the thing is, even IF Lindsey had asked to the delay the tour by a full year, it's still WRONG for them to fire him for it.
Not really.

I don't think at this stage they have the luxury of waiting another year to tour. With John having had cancer, and Christine's physical problems - wasn't there an issue with her hand, and wasn't she not playing much on the BuckVie tour? - I would understand that there's an urgency to get moving with a tour. Why not seize the moment now whilst they still can - there is no guarantee they will all be healthy enough in years time.

If Stevie wanted to delay the tour at this point, I wouldn't be impressed, at all. Delaying a tour 7 years ago is a very different story, compared with the situation right now.

If Lindsey suggested delaying the tour until next year, I can fully appreciate why they said no, and why they needed to move on without him.

Last edited by MoonSister75; 05-21-2018 at 06:45 AM..
Old 05-21-2018, 07:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
At the time he was fired he was not asking to delay the tour. He may have suggested it earlier but according to people who have absolutely zero reason to fabricate anything (Rick Turner and Federico Poll, from the BuckVie touring band), what the band said about him wanting to delay the tour and that being the 'cause' is just not true. Like I said, it's possible he may have asked to delay the tour earlier but Lindsey isn't an idiot, he knows he doesn't hold the cards in the band so I'm sure when he realized that wasn't gonna happen he came up with his other plan, which was the two tours, hence that video.
And the thing is, even IF Lindsey had asked to the delay the tour by a full year, it's still WRONG for them to fire him for it. Lindsey has given SO much to that band, he's put in a HUGE amount of work and he's given up his solo projects for them MORE THAN ONCE. After all these years and everything he's done, it's my opinion that if he really insisted that he needed that (which is just a hypothetical situation, because he didn't actually), they should have made it work. Stevie Nicks literally DID delay a recent FM tour by a full year because she wanted to take an extra year to promote her solo project. That whole debacle is well documented in Mick's Playboy interview and the subsequent interviews for when FM finally did go out. There's a video on YouTube, when I find it again I'll post it, of Stevie during press for her IYD doc where she talks about how Fleetwood Mac was supposed to go out on tour that year but she told them "sorry I need this year, you guys just have to wait because my project isn't done and I'm taking this year" and she says it with so much pride and the audience cheers her. That just proves how the hypocrisy the band is demonstrating with their cover story is ridiculous and the fact that some people think IF Lindsey had asked for that he would somehow deserve it is also ridiculous. Stevie can delay tours, refuse to record albums, fly off to Australia to sing with her friend instead of being in the studio with her band, do just about anything she wants and never get any "punishment" for it. And it's not any secret why either, Stevie is the cash figure for the band so she holds the cards, Mick lets her because he needs money.
To me it's crystal clear what happened, whenever this issue over tour dates started, Stevie just decided she wants no more Lindsey conflict in her life and so he was out. The end.

I agree 100%. I just don’t get why some people feel that Stevie can get away with making demands of the band based on what she wants, and yet Lindsey should be fired for the same, BUT then we are able show he actually didn’t, SO WE CAN SEE THE DIFFERENCE IN THE SCENARIOS. Yet they can’t and they still think the whole garbage situation is justified. It isn’t. Not at all. Mick and Stevie are so disappointing, and Chris and John too for standing by and not stopping this debaucle that has ruined the band. Yes, I think it ruined the band. Other don’t but I think it did, my opinion.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
Yes, he has. What you need to do is watch the video Elle posted and I'll post it again:

Listen to what he says. He clearly states that he wants to tour with Fleetwood Mac this year. He says nothing about next year or backing out of the tour. What the band says ("We hit an impasse" and "he didn't want to tour until November 2019) is complete and utter BS to make themselves look good in the eyes of the general public (and to sell tickets). He never asked to delay the tour nor did he want to. If anything Lindsey has always been the one who wanted to tour, who wanted the band to go forward and make new albums and tour behind them.

You keep saying you want to be proven wrong. Several people have proven you wrong but you keep coming back with the same story that Lindsey backed out of the tour. He did NOT
I've watched the video before and this doesn't contradict what the band is saying as it was recorded in January. The band has said that Lindsey had agreed to the Fleetwood Mac tour and was planning to participate up until a few weeks prior to his firing in April. Thus, it's expected that he would say in January of this year that he was planning to tour with the band. The band said that a few weeks prior to the April announcement (so probably in March), Lindsey told them that he wanted to put off the Fleetwood Mac tour until late 2019. The band tried to convince him to honor his commitment but he wouldn't back down so they let him go. Lindsey has every right to set the record straight if this account isn't correct.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar Mouse View Post
I've watched the video before and this doesn't contradict what the band is saying as it was recorded in January. The band has said that Lindsey had agreed to the Fleetwood Mac tour and was planning to participate up until a few weeks prior to his firing in April. Thus, it's expected that he would say in January of this year that he was planning to tour with the band. The band said that a few weeks prior to the April announcement (so probably in March), Lindsey told them that he wanted to put off the Fleetwood Mac tour until late 2019. The band tried to convince him to honor his commitment but he wouldn't back down so they let him go. Lindsey has every right to set the record straight if this account isn't correct.
So when exactly did they talk to and hire Mike Campbell and Neil Finn? Keep in mind Billy first put the tweet out on April 4th.

Can someone quote for me who specifically said that Lindsey told the band he wouldn’t tour with FM until late 2019? I’d like a quote and not some line from an article. The actual quote.

Last edited by jmn3; 05-21-2018 at 12:08 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
So when exactly did they talk to and hire Mike Campbell and Neil Finn? Keep in mind Billy first put the tweet out on April 4th.

Can someone quote for me who specifically said that Lindsey told the band he wouldn’t tour with FM until late 2019? I’d like a quote and not some line from an article. The actual quote.
Rolling Stone senior reporter Andy Greene has reported this based on his conversations with the band which I assume means Mick Fleetwood and Stevie Nicks. Again, Lindsey has every right to correct the story if the media reporting is inaccurate.

I believe Mick called Neil and Mike in March to offer them the jobs after the band couldn't convince Lindsey to honor his commitment to tour this year.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the thing is, even IF Lindsey had asked to the delay the tour by a full year, it's still WRONG for them to fire him for it.
I completely respect your opinion on this question. It is a very tough call on whether the band should have delayed the tour for a year or brought in Neil/Mike. I can see both sides of the debate. On the one hand, Lindsey has been the main creative force for the band since 1975. On the other hand, the band members are getting older and there's no guarantee that all will be healthy a year from now. And it sounds like plans for a 2018-19 tour were already in place and rescheduling a big tour is very difficult.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The video was shot on January 27th, the day after MusiCares. Mike Campbell got a call on his birthday, which is February 1st, and was asked to join the band. Watch the CBS interview. Mike says he was hanging around by the pool on his birthday when he got the call. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Campbell_(musician)

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 05-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post

Watch the CBS interview and see my post. Mike got the call on February 1st.

Also in the CBS interview Stevie said he didn't want to tour.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-21-2018, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Watch the CBS interview and see my post. Mike got the call on February 1st.

Also in the CBS interview Stevie said he didn't want to tour.
That's a very interesting point about Mike getting called on Feb 1. Then it comes down to the video posted above which I've watch many times. Where did he say that he was going to tour with Fleetwood Mac. I hear him saying that he is putting out new material and a "best of" and mumbled some stuff about touring. Isn't it possible that he was discussing the Fleetwood Mac tour with the band in January and was pushing the band to move the tour back a year? And perhaps at the time of the video, things weren't finalized in his mind? And then Mick finally gave up and called Mike Campbell on February 1? Or perhaps he was calling Mike to "feel him out" to see if he would be agreeable to join if Lindsey wouldn't honor his commitment to tour in 2018.
Old 05-21-2018, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's a very interesting point about Mike getting called on Feb 1. Then it comes down to the video posted above which I've watch many times. Where did he say that he was going to tour with Fleetwood Mac. I hear him saying that he is putting out new material and a "best of" and mumbled some stuff about touring. Isn't it possible that he was discussing the Fleetwood Mac tour with the band in January and was pushing the band to move the tour back a year? And perhaps at the time of the video, things weren't finalized in his mind? And then Mick finally gave up and called Mike Campbell on February 1? Or perhaps he was calling Mike to "feel him out" to see if he would be agreeable to join if Lindsey wouldn't honor his commitment to tour in 2018.
At the end, around the .25 mark he starts saying how he's gonna put out a best of album and "do a bunch of gigs in between the Fleetwood Mac tour".
Old 05-21-2018, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The video was shot on January 27th, the day after MusiCares. Mike Campbell got a call on his birthday, which is February 1st, and was asked to join the band. Watch the CBS interview. Mike says he was hanging around by the pool on his birthday when he got the call. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Campbell_(musician)
Based on her statements, Christine apparently was not in the loop when all this first went down. Also, the 2019 date was never a direct quote - it was in brackets in the Rolling Stone article which means it was just an inference and not part of a spoken quote (see link below). Stevie just mentioned a delay until November - period. Someone, somewhere decided to make Lindsey's request for a delay seem completely unreasonable by extending it another full year beyond until the following November. When has Lindsey ever taken such an extended tour??? This extension strikes me as a complete fabrication.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/f...ingham-w519492

Old 05-21-2018, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Put your headphones on and listen to the man. He's not mumbling at all. Maybe your sound system isn't that good. Mine isn't but I can hear what he says. Mick didn't call Mike to "feel him out". He was asked to join the band on February 1st. But I can talk to you till I'm blue in the face, you'd still come back with "was he pushing the band to move the tour back a year"? I'm done with this.

You got a sweet heart

Last edited by The Catdancer; 05-21-2018 at 12:56 PM..
Old 05-21-2018, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post
Based on her statements, Christine apparently was not in the loop when all this first went down. Also, the 2019 date was never a direct quote - it was in brackets in the Rolling Stone article which means it was just an inference and not part of a spoken quote (see link below). Stevie just mentioned a delay until November - period. Someone, somewhere decided to make Lindsey's request for a delay seem completely unreasonable by extending it another full year beyond until the following November. When has Lindsey ever taken such an extended tour??? This extension strikes me as a complete fabrication.

Thank you. That's what I've been trying to say.

You got a sweet heart
Old 05-21-2018, 12:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Brown View Post

The 2019 reference was also noted by Rolling Stone magazine senior writer Andy Greene based on his conversations with the band. Isn't possible that a bit of everyone's story is correct? For example, isn't it possible that Lindsey was talking with the band about delaying the Mac tour until November 2019 as he's hoping to release a new album and "best of" album and tour his own stuff in 2018? Mick/Stevie may have gotten the impression that Lindsey wouldn't tour until 2019 and they all had already committed to this big tour. Lindsey may have thought that his discussions with the band were still on-going. Then perhaps this conversation reached a boiling point at MusiCares in January and Mick called Mike Campbell on Feb 1 to see if he would be interested. Mike eventually agreed and then the band let Lindsey go in February or March. Assuming that's close to what actually happened, I can see both sides of the debate.