The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2024, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I was blasting the crap out of the Richfield ‘80 audience recording the other day. I love how that recording sounds, it’s like you’re in the arena. I definitely wouldn’t mind the full soundboard show being released.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I found this online, I’ve seen a lot of tusk tour show advertisements and this is the first one I’ve seen with the illustration of the band.

Old 01-19-2024, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I think it's this. He's been the show forever, but even more so as her hip got bad, and she wasn't able to spin around like a drunken sailor. And yet he was rocking out harder than he was 40 years previous! He was out shining her, and how dare he? So they neutered his rocking her songs out.
That's exactly why he just sat there and strummed.
Old 01-19-2024, 09:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Was it usual that the Tusk tour shows ads contain that phrase "Taking the job to Tusk"?
Old 01-19-2024, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
I found this online, I’ve seen a lot of tusk tour show advertisements and this is the first one I’ve seen with the illustration of the band.

I remember cutting these out of the paper.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How about rereleasing the Rhino release of the 1974 soundboards. THIS time, without cutting Christine’s excellent piano solo on Bermuda Triangle.
Old 01-19-2024, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
How about rereleasing the Rhino release of the 1974 soundboards. THIS time, without cutting Christine’s excellent piano solo on Bermuda Triangle.
Don't get me started!
Old 01-20-2024, 02:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Don't get me started!
I honestly don’t think they knew the fuller version existed. It was such a half-assed move!
Old 01-20-2024, 06:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Yes. It was on youtube and I posted it here several months ago. If it is still there check out the Mirage show in NJ. That version of Sara is just as good as Tusk ones. She hits the highest of high notes during her ooooooooo ooooooooo oooooooo's
Its just an amateur recording and it sounds great. I can only imagine what a professional recording would sound like.
The 1988 Sara is like a Sasquatch in the woods. Often spoken about but never seen or heard.

Edit: I could not find NJY anymore but I found Memphis. Not as good as NJ but still good. I think this is the concert where Stevie finds out Robin died. So her vocals are a bit rough

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R51YKmXo0T8
I know the 1988 Sara exists because I listened to it when someone was posting bootlegs on here. I think it was in 2017 or 2018, when someone was posting the bootlegs on here because I was living in a different city and I remember listening to those bootlegs in my other apartment. I’d just to hear that Sara again, but I can’t find the posts. Or wasn’t there a tumblr that posted bootlegs? Goldduststevie may have been the username, or something similar? Is tumblr still even a thing? I haven’t been on there in years. Or I kind of remember Blue Letter being referenced in a username that may have posted bootlegs?

Sorry for rambling, I’m just trying to remember lol.
Old 01-20-2024, 09:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I remember cutting these out of the paper.
oh how i wish we'd been friends as teens. i still have my folder of stuff i cut from magazines and newspapers back in the day, i refuse to trash it. i thought i was the only one who lived in fleetwood mac world !! it was a lonely existence lol

--Lis
Old 01-20-2024, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Emeritus View Post
oh how i wish we'd been friends as teens. i still have my folder of stuff i cut from magazines and newspapers back in the day, i refuse to trash it. i thought i was the only one who lived in fleetwood mac world !! it was a lonely existence lol

--Lis
I too have a folder of all my clippings. When I moved a year ago, I did discover that my Tusk tour book had been ruined by a flood(it's all stuck together). I still couldn't stand to throw it away...
Old 01-20-2024, 01:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

--Lis
I desperately sought out others who showed even a fraction of my interest. When I discovered the diehard fans here in 2000, I knew I’d found the tribe I’d been seeking. We argue, we differ, but most of us have heard all the pre-75 albums and that is more than I can say for 99.9999% of the world.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
I know the 1988 Sara exists because I listened to it when someone was posting bootlegs on here. I think it was in 2017 or 2018, when someone was posting the bootlegs on here because I was living in a different city and I remember listening to those bootlegs in my other apartment. I’d just to hear that Sara again, but I can’t find the posts. Or wasn’t there a tumblr that posted bootlegs? Goldduststevie may have been the username, or something similar? Is tumblr still even a thing? I haven’t been on there in years. Or I kind of remember Blue Letter being referenced in a username that may have posted bootlegs?

Sorry for rambling, I’m just trying to remember lol.
I never said the 1988 Sara did not exist. I know it exists because its mentioned in the Greatest Hits album talking about Stevie all dressed in red singing Sara in Europe in 1988. I was in shock when I read that in 1988. I meant that everything else has ended up on YouTube even in the worst form. That is what I meant by "Sasquatch in the woods" Its spoken about but most of us have never heard even a horrible bootleg of it. If my memory is correct, it was not performed the entire European leg only a few nights which makes it even more elusive.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:

--Lis
I trashed all mine but I did the same as you as jbrownsjr. I would clip anything mention of the band and tape it to my wall. My friends would laugh at me for doing so. I can remember the smell of the newspaper on Sunday mornings and I would run to the entertainment section. I would cut out the Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks concert ads. Stevie's Wild Heart show used the album cover but mostly that photo of her smiling pulling her hair at the end. I would also chart all the songs and albums. This is how I can remember trivia about the band because of all those quick drops before each song on the countdown shows.
I hung on to some very vintage posters that were stored at my parents house for decades. I could not throw them away and sold them on Ebay many years ago. I had the ORIGINAL Tusk poster, ORIGINAL 1976 poster and a very rare Stevie Nicks Tusk photo printed in England. I had never seen any like it before. There was a record store in my home town that used to have it on the wall. It was there for years. One day I asked to buy it and they sold it to me.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 01-20-2024 at 02:38 PM..
Old 01-20-2024, 02:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I desperately sought out others who showed even a fraction of my interest. When I discovered the diehard fans here in 2000, I knew I’d found the tribe I’d been seeking. We argue, we differ, but most of us have heard all the pre-75 albums and that is more than I can say for 99.9999% of the world.
Now, let's call a spade a spade. EVERYONE except BWBOI has heard pre 75 stuff.